It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowy spectacle leaves residents of Gloucestershire, England baffled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

If anyone has played with a bar magnet and sprinkled iron fillings on top of a piece of paper with the magnet underneath you would see that the iron fillings behave in much the same way as the ground level in the OP.
Sorry as im new here i have not been able to yet understand how to post a link so please forgive me my failings, perhaps someone would be kind enough to post it for me,,

Icanseeatoms

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icanseeatoms
reply to post by Gseven

If anyone has played with a bar magnet and sprinkled iron fillings on top of a piece of paper with the magnet underneath you would see that the iron fillings behave in much the same way as the ground level in the OP.
Sorry as im new here i have not been able to yet understand how to post a link so please forgive me my failings, perhaps someone would be kind enough to post it for me,,

Icanseeatoms

I only know that the pattern they hold repeat and return to time after time....is called an L- field or "matrix."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Piglet and Pooh, lost again in the Hundred Acre Wood.

Please contact Christopher Robin ASAP!

Seriously, way cool photos you found, OP! Weird snow phenomena lately, huh? Have ya seen pics of the New England snow spirals yet? Some folks chalk this stuff up to hoaxing. I'm leaning towards either natural (such as: magnetic influx due to increase in solar winds and other sun fun... or... side effects of some such top secret man-made whatchamacallit --a.k.a. Department of Offense Defense device that your tax dollars pay for but you aren't allowed to know about.)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Occam's Razor - what seems the more practical explanation - a small group of people piled the leaves into an interesting pattern - or the electromagnetic harmonic vibrations of mother nature pushed the piles of leaves into some simulation of a Zen stone garden?

I'm going with the former explanation.

Well, that is your right to believe the "practical explanation" but it still remains a mystery to me until there is proof that shows this was done by man made sources. If this was done near a public foot path then Occam's Razor"s predicts there will be witnesses to this being done by men/women, were are they.???The article did mention that if you know how this was done then e-mail them ,has anyone contacted this paper to either own up or say they saw people in the act of designing something;

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Well, that is your right to believe the "practical explanation" but it still remains a mystery to me until there is proof that shows this was done by man made sources.

The proof is in the pudding. It's the only possible explanation. Everything else is just wild imagination.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

This is obviously man/woman made

Perhaps. Though I would tend to suspect crop-circle-type hoaxers, rather than artists. They may have used an arrangement similar to the one used by Sri Lankan toddy-tappers to avoid leaving footprints and other traces on the ground.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/191fddb84ed5.jpeg[/atsimg]
However, there's another possible explanation. I understand there are leaves under there, raked in patterns that have been highlighted by the snowfall? Well, maybe there was a difference in temperature between the ground and the leaves, causing the snow on one to melt faster than the snow on the other. It could be as simple and natural at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join