It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowy spectacle leaves residents of Gloucestershire, England baffled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Source

The story is obviously in the picture.

Cool picture regardless of what did this, and to come across it would be kind of baffling.

So I bring it to you, people of ATS, what could have done this? is it just some kids having fun or maybe something more, well, interesting.

Who says crop circles have to be in crops?

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What the ....? Maybe it's something formed by the wind blowing between the trees?
I almost didn't leave this comment because I'm not sure what to say.

By the way, there's no photo in the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Earth's harmonic energy, the pattern of universe. I have no idea, maybe a family of mice with cross eyes?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That reminds me of this:

Maybe that area is on a ley line

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Electromag. from trees could be up. Interacting with local snow.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How about the possibility that, instead of raking the leaves, someone used a lawnmower or lawn tractor to "mulch" the leaves...starting at the trunk of each tree, go around the tree in a circular pattern. With each pass around the tree, you get a little farther away from the trunk. De-activate the blade, move to the next tree and start again. This would explain the "ridges" and the "overlapping" taking place. But as some of you know...this is impossible, unlikely and foolish. Right? Flag for the nice photo, OP!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with the electromagnetic theory. Any foot steps would be easily visible in light snow. Either that, or there's some sort of weird fungus growing in circles, something that (like salt) melts snow. Since fungus has been known to grow in circles, it may be mildly possible. Either way I'm stumped at these patterns.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How would a faker produce something like that? It couldn't have been done while the snow was on the ground otherwise we would see some evidence in the form of footprints. But neither could it have been done before the snow fell because the snow would be even enough to cover the circles.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
How about the possibility that, instead of raking the leaves, someone used a lawnmower or lawn tractor to "mulch" the leaves...starting at the trunk of each tree, go around the tree in a circular pattern. With each pass around the tree, you get a little farther away from the trunk. De-activate the blade, move to the next tree and start again. This would explain the "ridges" and the "overlapping" taking place. But as some of you know...this is impossible, unlikely and foolish. Right? Flag for the nice photo, OP!

You nailed it! Good job!

Very beautiful image though.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, the area (England) is kind of known for circles of fungus....it's the origin of "fairy rings" after all...so shouldn't be too surprising...just a lot more visible in the snow. Neat though.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by G.A.G.

You nailed it! Good job!

Very beautiful image though.

How did he nail it?

You try stand next to that tree trunk with a lawn mower and go around the trees, unless he was a stick man it would of been very very hard.

And Lawn Tractor? Really seriously?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
You try stand next to that tree trunk with a lawn mower and go around the trees, unless he was a stick man it would of been very very hard.

Really? How close together do you think those trees are? I have many trees on my property and I mow around them in a circular fashion with my push mower. The resulting mulch left behind is in concentric circles, just as is depicted in the OP image.

P.S., I'm no stick man and I have no difficulty doing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Thankyou for the nice comment! I too have done the same thing a couple times.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You do know that "on occasion", meteor hunters find meteorites beneath these "fairy" rings, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The pattern is being made by the leaves, not the snow. The snow is simply accentuating the leave piles.

This is obviously man/woman made "environmental art" - probably by a local artist who purposefully did it near a walking path so that people would see it.

Not unlike stuff like this:

Or this:

edit on 31-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: url

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thrown a pebble into water and then another one and watched the wave pattern, well look closer people, look between the two circles in the water where they meet.
No this is not man/woman made this is nature/ natural, it is the magnetic lines of force.
Mother Nature in action.

Icanseeatoms.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The pattern is being made by the leaves, not the snow. The snow is simply accentuating the leave piles.

This is obviously man/woman made "environmental art" - probably by a local artist who purposefully did it near a walking path so that people would see it.

Not unlike stuff like this:

Or this:

edit on 31-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: url

Judging by the size of the area that had these designs in the OP photo how long would you estimate for someone or even a group of people to doing this.And like you said it was made near a public path ,what are the chances of this person or people having been seen.Maybe if we had some witnesses who seen this getting made by anyone it would collaborate your explanation. If this was done by people lets see them replicate that design to the exact standards of the OP photo and the area covered.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Fantastic photo of ??????? That is so very strange and I really do find it hard to believe that was manmade...

As someone mentioned before there were no marks in the snow, so how did the people do this , hover ?? No that wouldn't work either...

Magnetic or electromagnetic forces for sure or there is a real life Harry Potter in them woods...

PDUK

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This reminds me of cake decoration using sieved icing sugar. I think these patterns may have been created by sudden snowfall that the wind blew through the tree canopy.

English weather is mercurial and had the patterns been created by preparing the ground with environmental art, there would be a delay between completion of the artwork and the occasion of snow. There is just no way anyone would have been able to predict the right moment for the snowfall so as to capture a photo without some evidence of ground disturbance beneath the layer of snow.

Another thought, maybe it is not snow! Maybe the giant sieve is completely manmade!
edit on 31/1/2011 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Occam's Razor - what seems the more practical explanation - a small group of people piled the leaves into an interesting pattern - or the electromagnetic harmonic vibrations of mother nature pushed the piles of leaves into some simulation of a Zen stone garden?

I'm going with the former explanation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join