It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiming to dethrone Mubarak, Egyptians set 'March of Millions' for Tues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Aiming to dethrone Mubarak, Egyptians set 'March of Millions' for Tues.

www.rawstory.com

CAIRO – Egyptian protesters on Monday called for an indefinite general strike and a "million man march" on Tuesday in Cairo, upping the stakes in their bid to topple President Hosni Mubarak's creaking regime.

"It was decided overnight that there will be a million man march on Tuesday," Eid Mohammed, one of the protesters and organisers, told AFP.

"We have also decided to begin an open-ended general strike," he said.

The strike was first called by workers at a factory in the canal city of Suez late on Sunday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm sure I will take some heat for this, but folks, I feel the Egyptian people are showing the world how it is done.

IMAGINE if the american populace did this---A nationwide STRIKE--What would happen? I'm sure many will say utter chaos and calamity.

BUT---Look at the root causes behind our own problems, which although different in terms of the propegators (i.e., mega-corporations, banksters, wall street, etc.), have the same basic fundamentals of the very powerful and wealthy few, victimizing and tyrannizing the many.

Add to the marches and national strikes a BOYCOTT of these entities, and you have the formula to bring them to their knees imho, because their power lies in our complacency and COOPERATION with their program.

Discuss please...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree all this stuff in egypt will have worldwide effects. It must be the power of those pyramids.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetectiveA million people demonstrating. You must first look at the infra-structure that can inform and mobilize that amount of people in that country? Not any unions. Not students. There is only one and thats the religeous comunity. Or more commonly called the muslim brotherhood. All these riots in the middle eastern countries are about who controls the populace therefore the country. Look at Iran compared to these other countries. Compares to Iran NON of these other countries has any meaningful power given to the mullahs or imams. When the dust settles from these troubles I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of salt that the respective governments has a high percentage of religeous personages running them. Let's wait and see. Of cause this has nothing to do with the middle eastern countries reaching peak oil and them fighting for the power vacuum that is left after the shieks lose their money leverage.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hi D D.
As much as I think the Egyptians deserve freedom,this feels to me like it may lead to worsening economic crisis in the west-Don't get me wrong,I would gladly pay more tax if I knew it was actually helping someone in need-However we do not yet know who will gain power IF Mubarak is deposed.

They could end up with something worse,if thats possible.

And the rest of the world could end up with no access to the Suez canal if things really go tits up.

If that happens global economies will dive,and we could see food riots in places.
Forget your student/bank protests-FOOD riots would be a different ballgame.
I really hope that is not the hidden agenda here,to destabilize the middleast in order to further the western gov/banker control grid,although what with the mass meeting of ambassadors I have to wonder what they are thinking:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets hope rational people take power in Egypt,but I for one will be stocking up on a few foods and supplies over the next few days,just in case and I live in the UK..
Better safe than sorry I say.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Channel4 reports, that busloads of people are arriving already to take part in the march.
The military declared publicly that they won't shoot at civilians.

This will be a great day in history!

The wall will fall!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
NM

edit on 31/1/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

top topics

join