It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


What a bummer of a day(I am ticked off)... Post how your monday started off this morning.

page: 1

log in


posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
Let me start by saying that I need to blow off some steam here. This is my rant on how my day, Monday January 31, 2011 has started.

Here is my situation,

I am currently finishing up my 2 year college adventure to get my degree in welding technologies. This is my final semester and I have held a 3.6 GPA and try to do my best. I have three kids(two of whom live with me), a cat, a dog, and some fish. My girlfriend of 11 years or so(lol) has to be at work at 5:45 am in another town so she has to leave pretty early. This same girlfriend of 11 years or so has the only phone, which is a cell phone. I refuse to have another cell phone(which could have solved some of my crisis,I know) because of the crazy bills I was getting and I was tired of the girlfriend pissing me off when I was across town at a friends or something.. Anyways.....

Today on January 31, 2011 my children's grandmother was supposed to be here at 6:30 am so I can make it to class by 7:00 am. Today is the monday January 31, 2011 that I have a test that contains four sections of trigonometry and pipe equations. This test is worth alot of points here. This is critical that I make it to class because I spent hours working on this test. Although many of my questions may be wrong I still need the points to keep my GPA up.

7:00 comes and goes with no sign of the babysitter. (I am starting to get a little upset, I need to go smoke, brb).

O.k. I'm back, One of my kids has to be taken to school at 8:00am and the other catches the bus at 10:30 am. I wake the kids up at 7:15 because my only option is to take my kids to interupt the class and plead with my teacher to work something out on turning in my tests. I did exactly this and as I was talking to the teacher in front of the whole class. The head of the branch of the college(not the main campus) I attend approached me and told me I had an urgeant message from home.

I called my girlfriend that was at work and not home and she immediately starts to chew me a new one. I got instantly pissed and took over the say it lightly). She told her mom to be at the house at 8:00 am and she is mad at me. Now mind you that I have been going to class a 7:00 am on monday's for several weeks already and she knew this and she is yelling at me. I start yelling back a little in the middle of the atrium(for lack of better words) and she hangs up on me. Before she hangs up on me, she tells me her mom is at home waiting for me wondering what I am doing. I am not wrong here and I will not back down.

I put the kids back in the car and drop one of my kids of at school because it is now 8:00 am. I have a 1982 Chevy Camaro that is a gas guzzler from he// and the gas gauge is on empty and I have one dollar in my pocket. I return home and start telling "grandma" what is going on and how I do not have the gas to get back to school and I will stay and put my other kid on the bus. I am still a ticked off at the whole situation.

I just blew one day that I have to make up at school because of a lack of "paying attention" on my girlfriends behalf. Thankfully my teacher is really understanding when it comes to taking care of the kids. I am going to sit at home all day and sit on ATS and not do a damn thing.

This reminds me of the movie Office Space. "It looks like somebody has a case of the monday's."

Please feel free to post your crappy monday below.... If you have had a good start to this monday then you can rub it in everybody"s faces.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
My Monday started the same as every Monday. Neighbors dog woke me up. Had a cup of coffee then another, and another, NOW I am awake.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
reply to post by liejunkie01

It's -25 here and I have to walk downtown..............dammit!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
Stopped smoking today

not stopped, i decided that i dont want them anymore.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Quasi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
Same monday as always, more problems in families, same as same as.

People are just puke vomit.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
this will make you feel better

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
Silly question, of course it started off with a boner!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
I woke up and realized I forgot to set my coffee-maker on delay start. Ok, fine. I make the coffee...but I put the filter in without putting it in the basket- which meant the coffee got made and leaked all over my counter. I cleaned up and made a new pot (with the basket IN!) and am now on my second cup.

I hope my interview later goes well!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
reply to post by andy1033

Good for you. When I quit smoking about 6 months ago it was the best decision I ever made. You won't believe how much money you save. Not to mention your health.


posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:38 AM
reply to post by liejunkie01

Mine was not too bad.

Got a call from the furniture company tell me my furniture would be delivered monday today.

I said ok no problem.

I also told the guy that it needs to be inspected before it comes to my house because if the leather is ripped or scratched or damaged in any way don't even bother bringing it to me just get me another one.

So this am the furniture arrives the name I will not name but it sounds like smashly. But begins with an A.

The guy brings it in on my brazilian cheery floor and I look at the botton and 2 plastic feet are broken off. I had pads to put under it but I said wait and he put it down and left a nice 4 inch long scratch in the floor. I'm like WTF. Both sofas had broken feet and the top right corner looked like it rubbed up against it as the leather is damaged scrathced..

So the paper they want me to sign say good condition how about new you aholes . I wrote a nice long note about the damage to the feet and the scatches on both sofas corners. I also called them before and the answer after 3 rings.

I have called them about 5 times and each time I get voice mail.

I just called the final time and said dont bother call screening anymore I will be there in 30 minutes.

Got to go.

RB out.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
Hahaha, the boner. That's funny. Typical (of us males) ....and still funny.
I don't remember much about the morning after waking up, I'm sure there was some urination involved - wife hasn't yelled at me yet so presumably it did make it into the toilet. I turned the alarms off @ some point, tripped over a cat or two and made my way into my office. I still haven't finished with the large red tub of Foldgers (dark roast) and I hate it when it gets low like that. I never stays fresh for very long, and by the end of two weeks (which is how long it takes me to go through 27.8 oz of coffee - it doesn't even really smell like coffee anymore.
It's dead for a monday. No one even called until 10am, or showed up for that matter & when they did it all happened at once. Pretty unusual, but then again this is the last day of the month.
Nothing has pissed me off yet, but the day is still young. The trash collectors didn't even strew random paper when they collected.

Yesterday was a different story. I don't even work on sundays - yet someone still pissed me off.
This laptop I fixed, I had to put a HD in it and reload everything. I told the woman I'd be back at the shop @ 3pm, and to be there if she wanted to get it. I arrived on time (before time actually) and waited until 3:30. By that time, my wife was ready to go again as we had somewhere to be. I try calling both numbers for the woman and they all go to voice mail. I say "screw it" - and we leave, no sooner do we get to the end of the block than I see them pull up in my driveway. I get back, get paid, they get their laptop and we make it TWO blocks this time before they come up alongside me yelling. I had forgotten to put the bottom cover on the laptop. We go back, and I put it on in the parking lot while they wait - no big deal just five minutes or so wasted.
We leave again and get to nearly where we're going and I remember that I was supposed to bring two other laptops with me that I had repaired to drop off while we were out. I didn't tell her that though - it wasn't THAT important, she was already growling at me.
Well...someone else is here now, lets see how this day plays out.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
On the plus side, the kids still got where they needed to get, and you worked out a deal with the teacher...

May have sucked going through it, but at least the results are still concentrate on that...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by andy1033

Good for you. When I quit smoking about 6 months ago it was the best decision I ever made. You won't believe how much money you save. Not to mention your health.


I do not think you meant me, i have never smoked in my life, so i doubt you aimed this at me.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 AM
reply to post by andy1033

I am sorry... The post was directed at Quasi.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM

I'm not laughing at you OP, it's just that I don't usually post in the Rant forum although after the week I had last week at work I can totally empathize.

Actually, if I think about it, the last two weeks at work have been hell for me.

Cut a long story short, in the past fortnight my work vehicle went in for repairs (a Vauxhall Corsa van), I was given a Ford Transit as a hire vehicle; which isn't that bad but the thing drove like a tank.

I also managed to pick up a parking ticket in Manchester in said beasty motor.

A few days later, said beasty motor decided to engage it's "auto-lock" feature while I was defrosting it and the ignition was still running which led much frustration and me being late for an important training course I was due to attend that day, in the mean time I had to sit at home and wait for someone from the AA to come and break into the bloody thing.

Then a few days later I attended a job where the project manager didn't have a clue what was going on and I was sent work instructions for a completely different job whatsoever which lead to more stress and a degree of embarassment as I looked like a fool in front of the customer.

A day later I attended another job where my companies internal IT support basically told me I should have already known what two devices I was connecting together despite being in a comms room with around 30 - 40 different routers, switches and circuits and having no information supplied to me.

I also then got told by my manager at my 1-2-1 that I'm potentially facing a formal warning for exceeding our internal sick policy with no one taking into account I was sick as a dog with suspected swine flu for two weeks at the start of the month.

I could go on

But all in all, many things learnt, an immeasurable amount of stress experienced and a hatred of people in general, I love my life...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
My son woke me up telling me it was 7:25 they have to be @ school @ 7:45. ahhhh. They left in time thankfully. I'm going to say something now that will be very hard to do because I'm a control freak & everything should always go MY way and I must be on time in a orderly fashion haha, but I've studied a bit of Wayne Dyer & Deepak Chopra & noticed (like I said hard to do but try it) calm down don't panic and let go. Everything will work itself out, even if your late or things look frustrating is it the end of the world, will it matter in a week or 5 yrs if things didn't happen to go well today try to look at the big picture (yes i'm trying to be positive)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
Well I got up to -35, went to start the truck, I had spent all day charging the battery yesterday, but it picked today to die. I didn't have to be anywhere until this afternoon, so I went on the computer - flashing white screen. Turn off, turn on, ran for while, then screen graphics went all double. It's OK now, but it'll need fixing. So I got my neighbour to drive me to town, all ok, thought everything was going to be OK now, and my front temporary cap I had put in (from falling on my face a couple of weeks ago) fell out. So now I'm lithping again
I cannot say F or V. Too many words have f or v in them. I sound funny now

Dentist appointment on Friday.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
Thank you all for posting your monday. It was funny, I was in the middle of replying and my internet got turned off. That is how bad my day went. Thank goodness the company was open

new topics

top topics


log in