It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange to be interviewed on 60 minutes, Tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

On 60 Minutes tonight Steve Kroft will get us a closer look into the world of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. This interview with Assange will hopefully shed some light on the strange behavior that has been reported by other news outlets after the leaking of several sensitive documents from the US Government. Julian Assange has been charged with rape, had his web site taken down by more than one hosting company, and put in a position where he feels he is a target of the US now. If someone does what Assange did to the US Government, he or she should be looking over their shoulder. Some say Assange did what any Patriot would do by exposing Government corruption but some say he should be put in jail for releasing the data. Either way you look at it, Julian Assange has grabbed a lot of attention by releasing these documents even though most are at least a few years old and have not given the public any really shocking news. In another section of the show, Bob Simon will be going to Brazil to look for Jaguars and of course Andy Rooney will give us his infinite wisdom on today’s topics. Don’t miss 60 Minutes tonight at 7pm eastern time on CBS.

www.current-movie-reviews.com...

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
wikileaks has pretty much become irrelevant these days. i hope this stop on the promotional tour, he will reveal shocking hints on what he is going to release next.

the last time a reporter asked him about his legal troubles he walked. hopefully the interview will focus on cables and leaks and not personal legal troubles.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think it's still pretty much relevent. It's been marginalized by the MSM, and everyone has bought the disinfo.

Originally posted by randomname
wikileaks has pretty much become irrelevant these days. i hope this stop on the promotional tour, he will reveal shocking hints on what he is going to release next.

the last time a reporter asked him about his legal troubles he walked. hopefully the interview will focus on cables and leaks and not personal legal troubles.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Wikileaks Will NEVER be irrelevant

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I planned on watching all of it but my sister called and diverted my attention for the first half. I hope the interview gets posted somewhere on the web so I can watch it again in it's entirety.

Assange/Wikileaks is and will be more relevant than you realise, apparantly. Aren't the bank cables to be leaked next month?
edit on 30-1-2011 by csimon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

That's a link to the cbsnews blog for the 60 minutes interview. Plenty of interesting perspectives and commentary.

I watched the interview... if Assange is listening, I want him to know I support his work and his perspective 100%, the wikileaks network is TRUE un-slanted unadulterated journalism.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
www.cbsnews.com...

That's a link to the cbsnews blog for the 60 minutes interview. Plenty of interesting perspectives and commentary.

I watched the interview... if Assange is listening, I want him to know I support his work and his perspective 100%, the wikileaks network is TRUE un-slanted unadulterated journalism.

Sri Oracle

Thanks for the link. I just watched the part I had missed and then some. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future.

new topics

top topics

join