It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sundogs Created by "Chemtrails"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Around the end of the winter of 2009, I was driving home from a friend's house, when another buddy of mine who was in the car with me at the time saw something strange in the sky and brought it to my attention. The reason it has taken me so long to post a thread about this is because I recorded a video on an old cellphone of mine that was unable to upload it to the internet. But now that i have a new phone that's not a problem!

What we saw was a bright, rainbow-colored light in the sky. Neither of us had seen anything like it before, and out of curiosity and excitement I decided to stop the car so we could get a better look. When I got out, I saw that there were two of these lights on both sides of the Sun, each an equal distance from the Sun. There were also A LOT of "chemtrails" in the sky at the time, mainly around the Sun. Of course later, after doing some research I learned that they were sundogs.

In this first picture it is difficult to see, but it is in between the branches on the tree. (not the lens flare on the far right)

In this SECOND picture is the other sundogs to the right of the Sun. Notice the trails around them.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry for the short length of the video...

Now, we all know that sundogs are a naturally occurring phenomena caused by the Sun's light reflecting off of ice particles in the sky...But my main reason for posting this thread is because I have seen this now on numerous occasions, and every time there are CONTRAILS /CHEMTRAILS EVERYWHERE. Not to mention the fact that I've lived in Pennsylvania my entire life and never saw this phenomena before then, and now I've seen it about for to five times! This has made me begin to believe that they make these on purpose. But if so, for what reason? For what purpose would an organization want to make artificial sundogs? Of what use would they be?

Here are some more pictures from a second, later occasion where I have seen the same thing again. This time there was only one sundog on the right because of the positioning of the 'trails in the sky...

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I remember reading about this on a brilliant site about chemtrails. I'll see if I can find it...

Here we go...

This image shows three different types of chemtrails laid down next to each other. The odd flourescent colors and colored vapor balls are caused by Ethylene Dibromide. "How do you know its EDB? Looks like a typical sun dog- which is to be expected in persistent contrails which are made of ice. this seems like fear mongering." --Joe, 02/12/10 "Independent lab testing of chemtrail fallout has repeatedly shown EDB presence in the chemtrails. One of the properties that EDB exhibits when sprayed into the air is that it refracts light into rainbows colors, but does not form the normal "bow" shape in the sky. The areas with rainbow colors in this image are certainly not sundogs. If you examine the image closely you can see traces of rainbow coloration over a large area of the middle chemtrail. This is in no way typical of a sundog." --Glenn, 07/18/10

imageevent.com...
edit on 30-1-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, that's right! I remember looking up images of sundogs and every one had a halo atmospheric effect...

Normal Sundogs...

Also, I did a searching found a really thorough THREAD by zorgon on the possible uses for chemtrails. ...Not too much on these "chemdogs" though...
edit on 1/30/2011 by noworldorder2012 because: fix my droid's auto-edits!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That website, imageevent.com... is absolutely brilliant, I learnt a hell of a lot about chemtrails from there, really recommend it!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Yeah that's one of the first conspiracy sites I can remember going to, haha. My one friend went on that site to show me Morgellons disease and all the other horrifying stuff found in chemtrails. I mean, a disease that fuses to your skin and creates synthetic fibers and nano tech bits of metal?!?

Well I guess...if they can't get us to WILLINGLY get microchip implants...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

I found all the Morgellon's disease stuff a bit hard to grasp, do you think there's any truth in it at all?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well the two can be related, just not in the way you've perceived.

Contrails form in cold air, at the same height as cirrus clouds.

Strangely enough (not really), Sundogs are formed by ice crystals deflecting sunlight at the cirrus cloud level.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

hi, we had a rainbow halo around the sun on 29th jan 2011 in melbourne. We are also seeing alot of rainbow chem clouds and things that we have nick named - haarpy fingers. These things are like a missle trail but they go from the sky downwards. The sky isn't what it was when I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There are no such things as chemtrials. This whole chemtrail business is really the most ignorant theory on ATS, because it has been debunked hundreds of times by members, weathermen and leading scientists. We can prove that chemtrails dont exist and yet you people will not let this silly theory go!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
There are no such things as chemtrials. This whole chemtrail business is really the most ignorant theory on ATS, because it has been debunked hundreds of times by members, weathermen and leading scientists. We can prove that chemtrails dont exist and yet you people will not let this silly theory go!

If it bothers you that much, rather than being rude and obnoxious - why not use your head and explain to us idiots why you think it's so wrong....?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well the two can be related, just not in the way you've perceived.

Contrails form in cold air, at the same height as cirrus clouds.

Strangely enough (not really), Sundogs are formed by ice crystals deflecting sunlight at the cirrus cloud level.

Thanks for the feedback.

You might have missed it but I did actually say this in my OP.

Originally posted by the2people

hi, we had a rainbow halo around the sun on 29th jan 2011 in melbourne. We are also seeing alot of rainbow chem clouds and things that we have nick named - haarpy fingers. These things are like a missle trail but they go from the sky downwards. The sky isn't what it was when I was a kid.

Yeah, same here.

I remember when I was young there were many times that I'd just sit outside and watch the sky for hours. I would occasionally see contrails in the sky, but never in uniform patterns or in such an amount that they would cover the sky in a murky haze...

Originally posted by Pryde87

You mean the "leading scientists" that purposely fudged temperature data in order to persuade the enactment of a globalist carbon tax? Yeah, I don't always trust those guys at NASA.....or NOAA...
Have you read any research in favor of the chemtrail theory?
www.rbs2.com...

That's a really thorough site and I encourage you to read every word. I'm pretty sure there are some PDF's on that site as well. I have some downloaded onto my cellphone about legislature that's been enacted as well as results of scientific testing. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is no such things as "chemtrails". What you show is a a common phenomena, that you notice because now you are looking at what you have been led to believe are "chemtrails". I've also seen reference, here and all over the web, about "chemclouds", so called because they see a "rainbow" effect within clouds. That is wrong, too.
When you see a rainbow anywhere, you are merely seeing light refracting at an angle that splits it into the colors. But what people don't realize is that the rainbow you see is unique to your viewpoint alone. Someone standing just a few feet away will not have the same angle of view as you, and will actually be seeing their own unique spectrum or none at all. Have you ever seen a rainbow and called someone just a block away to see it, only to be told it's not there? Or been driving and see a rainbow which moves then vanishes as you get "closer" to it? Both happen, yet the sky remains the same. What has changed is the angle of the light through the ice crystals, then to your eye.

Here's a professional photographer's site that covers the optics of the phenomena you are seeing. I've got it set to open on the "Not a Rainbow" page; click through on the sundog/parahelia to read about them.
Atmospheric Optics
Then look at the entire site. There is nothing in the natural atmosphere that is not explained.
To say they are "chem-" anything, you need to prove they either contain "chem-" by testing or are showing something that an understanding of the optical and atmospheric science cannot explain.
Three spoilers for "chemtrailers":
* Colors in every part of the sky are represented in art from centuries ago
* I can supply a thesis "On the cause of iridescence in clouds", which explains about the rainbows seen between clouds published a full 17 years before the first airplane even flew
* The reflective quality of ice crystals (albedo, look it up) is at least the same or better than the refraction of light off any supposed "metallic" being supplied by "chemtrails" (this is a simplistic overview of a really complex subject). Why spend $$$ when water can do it for you?
edit on 31-1-2011 by stars15k because: clarity

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

I found all the Morgellon's disease stuff a bit hard to grasp, do you think there's any truth in it at all?

I believe it's a real condition, whether or not it's an effect caused by chemtrails.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say...

Morgellons (also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome), is a name given in 2002 by Mary[ 1] Leitao[ 1] to a proposed condition referred to by the Centers for Disease Control as unexplained dermopathy and characterized by a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting, and stinging sensations; finding fibers on or under the skin; and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores).

en.wikipedia.org...

But read the following sentence in the same article...

Current scientific consensus holds that Morgellons is not a new[ 2] disorder and is instead a new and misleading name for a well known condition. Most doctors,[ 2][ 3][ 4] including dermatologists[ 3] and psychiatrists,[ 4] regard Morgellons as a manifestation of known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis.[ 5][ 6][ 7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now let's see the definition for delusional parasitosis...

Delusional parasitosis (also known as "Ekbom[ 1][ 2]:60 syndrome,"[ 1] and delusions of parasitosis[ 2]:60) is a form of psychosis whose victims acquire a strong delusional belief that they are infested with parasites, whereas in[ 3] reality no such parasites are present.[ 3] Very often the imaginary parasites are reported as being "bugs" or insects crawling on or under the skin; in these cases the experience of the sensation known as formication may provide the basis for this belief.

en.wikipedia.org...

So Morgellon's Disease is apparently a fictional disease made by a mind suffering from psychosis, even though there are many accounts of this disease as well as PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of a NEW and UNIQUE biosynthetic infestation never seen before....

reply to post by stars15k

A little sarcasm here, but I find it funny that the in the link you used to "disprove" sundogs as ONLY a natural phenomena, the picture they use to show an example of sundogs actually has a very visible contrail/chemtrail in the top left corner, as well as clouds which you can debate are cirrus clouds or dissipated contrails (chemtrails).

www.atoptics.co.uk...

But seriously, did you even read the entire OP or the following replies? Google "weather modification", and also read this link; then proceed to explain to me how I'm a nutjob:

www.rbs2.com...

"Chemtrail" is just a nickname for it. Put more accurately, they spray Silver Nitrate, WATER VAPOR, hydrogloric chemicals such as salt, and dry ice. Some speculate that there have been samples of blood, mold, etc. found in them. This post doesn't really concern that though, unless it correlates with the purposeful creation of sundogs with the use of "chemtrails" (AgI, NaCl, WATER, etc.).
I realize that the optical effect is only viable from my general standpoint. I've watched a sunset before where it would sink into trails and form sundogs. Of course this means that someone a mile behind me would have seen this phenomena earlier.
Also, I don't understand how it's possible that you know my train of thought that led to my belief in chemtrails. I've watched the sky VERY often throughout my ENTIRE life, even before i knew these things were chemtrails. I remember thinking when I was a kid that they were space shuttles leaving Earth.
These were in the sky A LOT less often and without quantity or uniformity.

Oh, here's another great thread on chemical spraying/weather modification:
Get Your Permit: Weather Modification is REAL
edit on 1/31/2011 by noworldorder2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When I was a kid in the 1960's and 70's there was 1 contrail overhead on a regular basis - a flight betwen 2 cities, just when the first 737's came into service here. Sometiems the contrail from 1 direction would still be there when a flight went back the other way.

There are over 10 times as many jet airliners in service now as there were in 1965, flying 15 or more times the hours and flights - so yes, there are a LOT more contrails now, and they appear a lot more regularly.

Here's a graphic I found clearing out some old files a few weeks ago - it is from Boeing and was published in 2004.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: to fix crappy typing!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

There are over 10 times as many jet airliners in service now as there were in 1965, flying 15 or more times the hours and flights - so yes, there are a LOT more contrails now, and they appear a lot more regularly.
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So are you saying you don't believe that these trails are being made in deliberate patterns? Do you not believe that weather modification is attempted through the process of spraying chemicals and water into the air? Have you read the links I've provided? Can you show substancial evidence to disprove the documentation and science within them? If so, I would honestly like to see it. After all neither of us would like to be fooled one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by noworldorder2012

So are you saying you don't believe that these trails are being made in deliberate patterns?

Of course they are being made in deliberate paterns - commercial aircraft fly straight routes, winds blow teh contrails sideways - the patterns are made.

The flying od routes is completely deliberate - it is a requirement of air traffic control and economics.

Do you not believe that weather modification is attempted through the process of spraying chemicals and water into the air? Have you read the links I've provided? Can you show substancial evidence to disprove the documentation and science within them? If so, I would honestly like to see it. After all neither of us would like to be fooled one way or the other.

Cloud seeding is hardly a secret - so Silver Iodide - absolutely it is used to try to control the weather. Has been for decades - I would not try to disprove that it exists.

What has it got to do with the chemtrail hoax?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Okay, so it's your belief that these are not one in the same, that clood seeding/dispersing is a reality but never through the use of chemical trails (ones that may look similar to contrails)? This is where I disagree, I believe that both are apparent. Yes, a lot of trails you may see in the sky may be regular contrails, but I believe some of the uniform patterns you see in such a quantity in specific areas are a result of spraying by aircraft to change the climate, perhaps in an attempt to block the direct sunlight from reaching the Earth (and maybe that's why sundogs are visible), or weather control. They may be using this natural phenomenon to their advantage as a tool to modify the climate. It makes a lot of sense and is far from nonsense.

I see where you're coming from as well but it's not as if this theory is completely refutable or something. I've researched and there's a valid argument on both sides, but I have analyzed the sky for quite some time now and have noticed an irrefutable difference from certain days compared to others, which would not be so apparent if it were regular everyday air traffic. In this case it would be the same each day, which is not the case, as well as the fact that after analyzing these specific areas where the trails are (usually under the Sun's direct rays on days that are warmer than usual), clouds form from the haze that forms as a result of such a quantity and pattern of trails. To you this may be just a coincidental result of airtraffic but that's not my personal belief. I believe it's deliberate on occasion (whether contrails or "chemtrails") for this specific purpose as I stated above. There are numerous reasons for my beliefs, and actually I was thinking of planning a thread on the documentation of these trails in my area, such as one day from the next as well as a documentation of the weather in correlation. But if you can completely disprove my argument I would honestly like for you to do so in order for me to save my time and effort (and perhaps embarrassment, haha). I don't think you can but I may be wrong. Thanks sincerely for your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would point out that you ahve left out one major player in the equation - the atmosphere.

You _will_ get different results flying the same routes on different days if the atmosphere is different.

I presume you ahve weather where you are (sorry!
) - some days it is cold, some hot, some dry, some wet, some cloudy, some sunny. Well it is is the same 30,000+ feet up. For example you can have fog banks 100 feet or yards thick with clear spaces between them at sea level - and for the same reasons you can have small areas of high humidity in the upper atmosphere that might lead to the stop-start contrails that are often reported with language along eth lines of "I saw them start and stop spraying several times" or simlar.

Just as silver iodide provides a nucleus for rain droplets to form can soot and other particulates provide nucleus for supersaturated atmospheres for fomr ice on thus precipitating cloud along a flightpath where none was before - in addition to pumping out a massive contrail.

did you know that ships make "shiptracks" for the same reason?? wiki has an article on them here - Shiptracks

the chemtrail hoax relies upon people having no knowledge of the nature of the atmosphere - but you don't need to be an atmospheric scientist to have a reasonable understanding of how complex it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

ATS Search: Chemtrails

There is a wealth of information on ATS alone explaning Chemtrails or should I say Contrails. People who believe in contrails just seem to ignore it though. Use the search function and look it up. Read the replies by weedwhacker who is a professional pilot and goes out of his way to explain it in a lot of detail.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

People who continue to believe there are patterns in the sky are really far removed from free thought.
Think about this for a minute, draw it so you get the idea.
Planes fly in set routes. When conditons are right, some planes will leave a contrail. When a plane leaving a contrail is flying N-S and another plane leaving a contrail is flying E-W, the lines will cross. When two or more planes are leaving contrails in each direction, you get a grid. Add in a plane flying NE-SW, and you get a triangle. Add in the drift from the wind, and you get parallel lines which stacks up.
It's not a hard concept to understand, but "chemtrailers" still don't seem to be able to figure it out for themselves. When I reply to people who speak of "x"'s and patterns, I know they are not thinking for themselves, they are merely believing whatever "chemtrail" line of nonsense was fed to them.
Until someone can control both gravity and winds "chemtrails" don't work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join