It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know-it-alls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think that this site is home to some people that think they know the best for not only themselves but for everyone else as well. I didn't realize that my thoughts wouldn't mesh with your thoughts. I feel humbled and stupid for my carelessness. If you would please send me a list of all of your thoughts, feelings and takes on every subject on Earth I would be more than happy to peruse your list, write down my thoughts as well on the list and email them to you so that you can go over every single one and check it with a red pen. Once you are finished with your big red pen and if you still feel the need to feel important...you can go right ahead and email me back with the corrections and any personality tweaks that you would make to me.

Why the hell do self-important idiots come on here and instead of responding to a thread or coming up with an original thought to add to the thread, they just reply to everyones thoughts and try to rip them apart?(stress on the try) I realize that this is just as immature as the moron that I am talking about somethingsomethingGrey, but, if you can't make them realize something, then bring it down to their level so they can understand you right?

I hope one day I can be like you...

Is that fawning over you enough moron?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I`ve got to say it ,the decorum between members can be frustrating when ,that member would`nt let it be.We all try to defend our views and sometimes members do try to kill a thread,subjectively and ,well ,the way I see it differences of opinion are easily resolved,move on.Nice to know there is a rant box though

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yeah some people are a little quick to shoot people down, I agree.

But, peoples replies are just as important as the information in the thread. If a reply was articulated correctly there shouldn't be any stress about the following negative replies because they are only making themselves look silly.

A saying comes to mind - A wise person says little.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
smart people talk to share something,morons talk cause they need to do something........... some saying like that...

someone out there knows the actual saying.....

good post man, we are here to read everyones view . people that try to force there beliefs down people's throats and make them think there way ...... it's f-ing retarded

reminds me of something [ set one ideal,rip down anything that doesn't follow ideal guidelines, discredit information that doesn't follow there line] Mass Media

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I think you've precisely articulated the problem with most forums on the internet these days. I see it here, on CNN, on tech sites, etc. I think anonymity does funny things to the confidence of people.

I would bet most of these know-it-alls are rather docile in real life and are taking their frustrations out on people in forums.

Great post, I feel your pain. Thanks for the fun read.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

In my experience with this site I enjoy the many different point of views that are offered. So far I feel I have remained civil and respected others views. If someone disagrees with a post of mine I have no problem with them providing a counter argument or view as long as they remain civil and offer something relatable(I have defended my views with dignity). I have noticed many members feuding and tearing apart each others posts. Any person with common sense can know when a person is set in their opinion and whether they agree with that or not they should have the decency to let it be. For the people who are trying to be informative or social I respect them. For the Know-it-alls who have to be right and overanalyze...well they probably don't have many friends so I laugh at them.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Your opinion is as important as any other opinion...
Regardless of proof or acceptance, because we all have the right to our opinions.

Unfortunately...some do not understand this concept, and play games with words.
In order to achieve an air of importance for themselves, they need to reduce you.
This is nothing more than bulling.

Feel sympathy for this kind of person, as they are not as emotionally balanced as yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You learn in life all people are made like that by the system.

You do what you want, its your puzzle, as long as you do not invade others.

Like my life no matter how much intimidation i will not listen to people telling me how to live a life, when they are just the same criminals, and scum normally in society that it breeds.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think that this site is home to some people that think they know the best for not only themselves but for everyone else as well. I didn't realize that my thoughts wouldn't mesh with your thoughts.

Funny how that works, huh!

Don't take life so seriously. . .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I only shoot people down when they post blatant lies about something that can be easily disproven with actual facts.

Although it seems a lot of people could give a rats *** about things like "facts", "evidence", "peer reviewed studies", "verifiable scientific fact" etc...I'm only interested in the truth, not any one political agenda or ideology...although it gets tiring after awhile and I don't know how much longer I can keep it up...sadly I think one day ignorance is just going to take over, if it hasn't already.

top topics

join