It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People sick for too long??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Alright, something has been brought to my attention that really needs some discussion here. Someone I know in the San Antonio TX area, whose word I totally trust on the issue, has told me about how people are staying sick there for far too long. What we are looking at is people getting really sick, too sick to work, at least as early as this past December, remaining sick for literally weeks, and then, once they feel they are finally over this, becoming sick yet again, in a cycle. One person I know has been sick three times, with what seems to be the same exact stomach problem. Sick to the point of fainting. Others have what seems like serious upper respiratory issues, that also won't shake. In a city with, literally, half the population of the state where i am, there are places of employment that have had half their staff out sick. Yet, somehow, this hasn't made the news, at all. No mention of this? The person that told me about it has speculated on the possibility that some group or other is conducting tests, deliberately making people ill. That alone is disturbing, but is made even more so by the fact that the media there (or elsewhere) seems to have no interest in this issue. In the fairly quiet area where I live, a handful of people with flu symptoms sparked news stories, but hundreds of thousands sick doesn't? Something is weird there.

Anyone else know people in that are, or actually IN that area? Very interested in who else is getting sick. Speculations and ideas most welcome as well. Something about that whole thing smells fishy to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yes, I had that upper respiratory infection that I couldn't shake, for weeks.

Yea, I basically still feel like crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well I have had vertigo for oh I dont know 3 weeks now.. My mother had it a month and a half ago and still mildy has it. It just wont go away. Ive gotten kinda use to it now so it doesnt bother me as much. My mother had it first then a week and a half later I got it. I only went to her house once. I guess some people at her work were experiencing the same thing so I have no idea : / No other symptms though.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I'm a college student in South Carolina, it's here too. I've been sick since early December with a cough of some sort that keeps coming back, and so have family and friends. There are a lot of residents at my college who are all very sick with the same symptoms; typically they have nausea, vomiting, and headache for three days, followed by a bad persistent cough and respiratory problems. It's not just you, and it's not just your area. When over 2/3 of a class are missing, and not just one class, but several of them, there seems to be a problem.

The doctors don't really have any sort of answers as to what exactly the causes of the symptoms, but they do seem to agree it's some sort of virus. They offer no advice other than wait it out, and say that it could last up to or over a month. They'll admit that it doesn't appear to be a flu, but because they don't know what it is, and they know it's a virus, there isn't much they can do.

I do have one friend however that did get a shot for this mysterious illness, it didn't do anything, and she doesn't know what it was.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'm from the San Antonio area and I think what you have heard about is the extremely high cedar pollen counts that have everyone's allergies in total disarray. Cedar Fever, as it is called, can cause flu like symptoms that last for at least a week. But with the way the weather has been around here, very dry and bordering on drought, everytime a cold front come through and the hill country gets a little rain the mountain cedar trees litterly explode with pollen. We have had counts as high as twenty to thirty thousand and I for one have suffered greatly since before Christmas. Hope this explains what is happening.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I can tell you with much certainty from a military person that is a freind of mine said that the government did testing on people in Clarksburg, WV (and surrounding areas) in reference to obesity and motivation. Meaning they were contaminating the air water and food in that area for specific studies. So I know it is possible.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Here in NJ my entire family had the upper respiratory issue for at least 3 weeks...very hard to shake. I have to say though,that the week prior to this illness a few of us had the stomach thing for 2 days too.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You guys might be interested in this recent thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66

Here in NJ my entire family had the upper respiratory issue for at least 3 weeks...very hard to shake. I have to say though,that the week prior to this illness a few of us had the stomach thing for 2 days too.

Same here in NJ..My entire house had this, my 9 year old ended up losing 7 lbs, missed a week of school. Same with my 6 yr. old. Doc 1st thought they had mono, put them on a bacterial medication, which helped them, although it took a long time. My 6 yr old went back to school for a few days & we are back at square one with the sickness again. I started with a debilitating stomach virus, lasted 2 days, 2 days later, sick again for an entire week! It's getting very frustrating & I am getting very worried about my little ones! Let me add, their beginning symptoms were, complaints of being tired, headaches, paleness, neck pain, soar throats w/puss, & off & on fevers.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I as well as a good number of people that I hang out with have also noticed this.
We noticed after we ALL had one or both of these......for the second time.
As we are not prone to catching colds or the flu etc, so twice + in one year it raised a flag. [I myself have been sick only once in 3 or 4 years,until late Nov or early Dec. ]
The following are just OUR thoughts and observations:
Respiratory
1. The inability to shake this upper respiratory problem that seems to have taken ahold of people for weeks at a time.
Consisting of sinus infection, coughing and moderate congestion, most people are passing it off as ordinary cold season.
[The congestion seems to last anywhere from 2 weeks to ??. The rest has come and gone for me for the 2nd time, but the congestion has been constant since around the end of November and still persists. Also this may be nothing but, a family member told me tonight that 3 young kids in our family all have rsv, one also has pneumonia ''sp?''.
They all live in the same area, 15 mile radius, ages 9 months- 2 years. ]

Stomach Virus?
2. The sudden on-set [and I mean sudden] of weakness and shakes, followed by hot flashes, and inevitably vomiting.
This lasts about 2 days, as well as constantly being unable to stay awake.
A slight fever [99-100] as well as headaches and dizziness.
This could be just a regular old stomach bug running around during the cold season, who knows.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I live in Michigan, and I've had an upper-respitory infection since September. Anti-biotics were hopeless. And as of today, it's starting to get worse AGAIN.

Have you ever read The Stand by Stephen King? Maybe it's Captain Trips.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am a really, really, really old (53) critter in Texas and caught a cough around Thanksgiving. In otherwise very good physical condition, I have had absolutely NO relief yet. Now, two complete months, several doctor visits, and hundreds of dollars in prescriptions later I was told it is whooping cough.

I would laugh, but it makes me cough.

He didn't take any new cultures, and x-rays are clear.

If you guys figure it out, please let me know. For now, I feel like the guy from The Simpsons that was interviewed on the news for hiccuping non-stop for years. His response to everything was "kill me", "kill me", "kill me". Coughing every few seconds for two months takes a severious toll.

Hope you find me a cure.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

You aren't old. My lady love is older than you and still as hot as hell on a saturday night

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I missed something like twenty days of work due to illness starting early december all the way through January. Id be literally bed ridden 3-4 days, go to work for two days, and be right back in bed, calling in for another couple days or so at a time. I probably would have stayed home to rest it off, but at least at my place of work, you can only call in 2 days. if you call in a third time, you must provide a doctors note. No matter how sick I am, I'm not going to spend $150 dollars for a doctors visit, just for a note telling me that I'm sick. Especially without medical benefits or health insurance, which should be paid for by the business anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
albion college in michigan shut down due to illness

www.battlecreekenquirer.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbaron

I'm from the San Antonio area and I think what you have heard about is the extremely high cedar pollen counts that have everyone's allergies in total disarray. Cedar Fever, as it is called, can cause flu like symptoms that last for at least a week. But with the way the weather has been around here, very dry and bordering on drought, everytime a cold front come through and the hill country gets a little rain the mountain cedar trees litterly explode with pollen. We have had counts as high as twenty to thirty thousand and I for one have suffered greatly since before Christmas. Hope this explains what is happening.

Definitely NOT the cedar. Know someone there that is, in fact, highly allergic to it, and has never been affected like this. Other people there that are not allergic, and are also sick. Wish that was all it was!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Very interesting, thanks. Sounds like the same stuff. This is a really widespread issue, it would seem. Where I am, nothing nearly quite as severe as these other places, which is also odd. Here, people were sick for a couple of days with a stomach thing, then a cold (possibly related), that lasted a couple of weeks, but then it was simply gone. Everyplace else I talk to people, they keep getting sick, over and over again. I am old enough to know the usual patterns, and this is far from usual. Someone is playing games with people.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
One reply to all the rest that shared. Thanks. Sounds like the same stuff. Stomach for a little while, and respiratory that simply won't quit. I know one person who's lost money, from being unable to work, can't afford a doctor, and only stays employed by going in sick, and having them send him home. Saves the doc note, anyway. Clears up, then comes back. This is very abnormal. Why isn't this on the news??

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Between the two threads, I made a list of locations where people are reporting this. Quite a list, and it's worldwide:

San Antonio

Indiana

South Carolina

New Jersey

Louisiana

Michigan

(Texas, where unknown)

North Carolina

Washington (Seattle)

SW US

Atlanta

Edinburgh

UK

upstate NY

US Virgin Islands

Netherlands

Central Texas

Massachusetts

UK (Midlands)

Southern Ontario

Iowa

Winnipeg Canada

Kentucky

Aberdeen Scotland

Nebraska

Iowa

Solihull, UK

Sweden

La Belle Province

TX Gulf coast

DFW

New Mexico

Yorkshire, UK

Utah

Illinois

Sydney Australia

Orange Co CA

Sacramento

Iceland (maybe, they claim is normal)

Northern California

Portland Oregon

South Africa

Russia

Las Vegas NV

South East Asia-Philippines

Ireland

Ukraine

Oregon

Vancouver Canada

Deep South

Arkansas

NW Georgia

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Did you note that they said this was JUST the students, and there was no increased illness in the faculty and staff? How is that even possible???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join