It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People sick for too long??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
My partner has been coughing since just after Christmas...

He has flue like symptoms up until christmas then after this seemed to lessen, but then the coughing started. he said it feels like something is on his chest but he can't cough it up.

He seems to have fits of coughing and gets so bad that he has vomited. Doctor has said he can't hear anything on his chest and chest x-ray came back clear.

They gave him a steroid inhaler but this doesn't seem to be any help at all. All the doc said was it is likely to be post viral syndrome....

We are in North lincolnshire England.

I find it very very strange, he has never been ill like this in his life he is 36.... Now I hear that people all around the world are exhibiting the same symptoms..... Something is going on.... and it doesn't feel natural....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am confused what are we saying here? Don;t blame me for that thing in Utah either, because my experiment in the lake didn't work!

People are sick in large cities. New strains are resistant to old cures. No cure exists for the common cold. I get it.

But try this on for size. Some of us can NOT take flu shots. I am not allergic to eggs or anything like that. For the past 20 years, I have had problems with those shots. Every time I get one, it reduces my immune system to make me more susceptible to OTHER things. I may not get hit by THAT flu bug, but then I am sick a LOT more from other bugs than if I had no flu shot at all. Now that I am no longer required to get a flu shot, I rarely get flu symptoms.

I doubt that is intentional, but it could be. I am a rarity. Many people around me are the exact opposite, but others have similar issues. For most of them, it is not as serious as my problem.

If, after getting flu shots, you are sick with abnormally high frequency you should consult your doctor. He will most likely poo-poo the idea. But see what he says. Try to skip the shot the following year then get it the year thereafter and see how you do.

It took me years of documentation to convince people I was not exaggerating or crazy.

(despite that little lake experiment-MAN! It takes a LOT of STUFF to FOUL a lake!!! Just kidding, really!!!)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonOrwell

Know what you mean on the flu shots. Every time my husband got one (he no longer does, either!), I would get sick, too! I got one, ONCE, and was sick for weeks, then got the flu later as well. So it's possible that some of those sick are picking something up from others that got the shots. Something is going on, though.

Lake experiment, eh? LOL!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have also noticed an increase in illness among the people I know... It is winter and people tend to get sick this time of year but basically my entire family and most of my friends have been sick recently. It seems to be the same thing a heavy cough that last longer than any respiratory infection should.

As far as flu shots go I will never get another one unless I am forced. The last time I got a flu shot was 15 years ago and over those years I could count the number of times I have been sick on one hand and one of those times was from food poisoning and the rest were respiratory infections caused by my smoking habit.

One trick that I use is that when I feel a cough coming on I will take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water mixed with some honey. It is a natural cough suppressant and helps to break down the mucus in the throat that can cause an infection to get worse. I do this and it works like a charm to stop the symptoms of a cold in its tracks. So if you are having trouble with mucus give it a try. Apple cider vinegar also has many other health benefits of all ranges.

The best type of apple cider vinegar to use is one made from cold pressed, organically grown whole apples, in which no chemicals or preservatives have been added, which contains the "mother of vinegar", and is not pasteurized. The "mother of vinegar" is a natural gelatinous substance formed during the last fermentation step.
This type of wholesome apple cider vinegar can be readily found in most health food stores and can be conveniently purchased online.

So if you are at the end of your rope and looking for anything to give you comfort try apple cider vinegar. If you try it and it helps you out send me a U2U I'd like to hear of any positive results.

edit on 30-1-2011 by TV_Nation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

We have the same problems in Aberdeen,Scotland,but I really feel for your little ones,if this is a deliberate"test"infection, those responsible must be brought to book for this there can be no justification for the indiscriminate use of these agents especially when young children are being affected.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I had swine flu now for about 10 day's. Then I came back to work and they just fired me, calling me a phlegm LOL

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wanted to be sure you guys saw this. It was a little girl in kindergarten that died of flu complications& she did get her flu shot in September..This was all over my local news. So sad..
content.usatoday.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

The encouragement is greatly appreciated. This stupid cough makes me feel like 353 years old, though. Still, thanks again and my best to you and your lady friend.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Originally posted by makinit66
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Here in NJ my entire family had the upper respiratory issue for at least 3 weeks...very hard to shake. I have to say though,that the week prior to this illness a few of us had the stomach thing for 2 days too.

Same here in NJ..My entire house had this, my 9 year old ended up losing 7 lbs, missed a week of school. Same with my 6 yr. old. Doc 1st thought they had mono, put them on a bacterial medication, which helped them, although it took a long time. My 6 yr old went back to school for a few days & we are back at square one with the sickness again. I started with a debilitating stomach virus, lasted 2 days, 2 days later, sick again for an entire week! It's getting very frustrating & I am getting very worried about my little ones! Let me add, their beginning symptoms were, complaints of being tired, headaches, paleness, neck pain, soar throats w/puss, & off & on fevers.

Another idiot doctor. He prescribed a "bacterial medication" for an illness caused by a virus, either Epstien-Barr Virus (EBR) or cytomegalovirus (CMV). That is a great way to create stuff like MRSA Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pneuomia. A virus is either pure DNA or RNA with a protein coating. A bacterium is an actual organism, a one cell creature that has a metabolism of sorts, reproduces, and eats. Overuse of antibiotics and prescribing them wrongly for a viral infection has allowed certain bacteria to genetically change and gain immunity to the drugs.
(

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
With te advent of anti-bacterial soaps, lotions, hand washes, we are actually creating "bugs" that become resistant to these products over time. With that being said, conventional antibiotics will no longer be as effective as they once were.

Just my two cents.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Rife frequencies helped me over the months,,, time to time they made it go away,

What I do is take two speaker wires and program the computer with a tone generator software - DL free trial from Australia - mix tones I read about on the net with square waves an use the wires with wet cotton or as they are, bare. I set the volume high enough so I can feel it but not get a shock...

and of course, garlic, cayenne, homeopathy and other stuff helps - megadoses of vit. c, no flour or milk for a while

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ive been getting sick a lot this last month and I never ever do

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I dont know what ailment you have but to get some relief you could try the following.

If you have whats called 'Vicks Vapo Rub', which is a methanol gel Picture Here, rub it into the soles of your feet when you get into bed, put on socks and you should get relief for a good few hours. Another thing that may help, again rubbing into the soles of the feet is garlic puree!!

The soles of the feet are very very good at absorbing fluid straight into the blood stream, if you put the garlic on, you'll be ableto taste it if you've put on enough!

Anythings worth atry for those struggling to shift ailments!

edit on 30/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hey 50 is the new 40

I've had vertigo since the 13th of december, right after my birthday. Can not shake it. I am bruised up like a rotten banana from falling, and cant hear crap in my right ear.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Too true beezzer. We make better antibacterials and nature just makes better bugs. Only nature does it a hell of a lot faster than we do. Mersa anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I live in upstate NY and I've seen a number of sick people. These people seem to be re-infecting themselves or something. I know a guy that's had the same cold for over three weeks. I haven't been sick since April of last year. I attribute it to taking flax seed oil.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I beliebe there is something too this, i had an inner ear infection in november i still avnt been able to shake after my 3rd set if antibiotics during this time i have had flu and a the latest is a cold i have had since the 12th and FINALLY feel like im getting over the cold..... just hope the ear clears up soon....the doctors say" its normal " i think doctors in the uk or at least this area are pointless they just dont know or dont care...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yep, l used to visit my next door neighbour every day, he was in his 80's. lt took me four years to realise, every time he got his flu shot, he had the slight sniffles for a couple of days and l got a real bout of the flu. l would be real bad for weeks at a time. Now, l never go near anyone that l know has had the shot for at least a week now..
Peace star.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Originally posted by makinit66

Here in NJ my entire family had the upper respiratory issue for at least 3 weeks...very hard to shake. I have to say though,that the week prior to this illness a few of us had the stomach thing for 2 days too.

Same here in NJ..My entire house had this, my 9 year old ended up losing 7 lbs, missed a week of school. Same with my 6 yr. old. Doc 1st thought they had mono, put them on a bacterial medication, which helped them, although it took a long time. My 6 yr old went back to school for a few days & we are back at square one with the sickness again. I started with a debilitating stomach virus, lasted 2 days, 2 days later, sick again for an entire week! It's getting very frustrating & I am getting very worried about my little ones! Let me add, their beginning symptoms were, complaints of being tired, headaches, paleness, neck pain, soar throats w/puss, & off & on fevers.

Another idiot doctor. He prescribed a "bacterial medication" for an illness caused by a virus, either Epstien-Barr Virus (EBR) or cytomegalovirus (CMV). That is a great way to create stuff like MRSA Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pneuomia. A virus is either pure DNA or RNA with a protein coating. A bacterium is an actual organism, a one cell creature that has a metabolism of sorts, reproduces, and eats. Overuse of antibiotics and prescribing them wrongly for a viral infection has allowed certain bacteria to genetically change and gain immunity to the drugs.
(

..Thank you for that info 4nsicphd. I think I took it the hardest when I had gotten sick because it blew my 14 yr. record of NOT getting any viruses
...I rode it out, no meds for me..Honestly, I wondered why the doc prescribed a bacterial med instead of a viral for the kids? It's the 1st time she had ever done that. I hope all you guys/gals out there are feeling better soon!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I dont know what ailment you have but to get some relief you could try the following.

If you have whats called 'Vicks Vapo Rub', which is a methanol gel Picture Here, rub it into the soles of your feet when you get into bed, put on socks and you should get relief for a good few hours. Another thing that may help, again rubbing into the soles of the feet is garlic puree!!

The soles of the feet are very very good at absorbing fluid straight into the blood stream, if you put the garlic on, you'll be ableto taste it if you've put on enough!

Anythings worth atry for those struggling to shift ailments!

edit on 30/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

By telling people to use a methanol rub, you are going to cause a lot of injuries. I hop you meant to say "mentholated." Methanol is a toxic chemical with the formula CH3OH. It is commonly called "wood alcohol." and if you ingest it, it will first make you blind, then kill you. It is readily absorbed through the skin and acts to suffocate cells, causing metabolic acidosis. Please don't ever use a methanol rub.
Menthol, on the other hand is a synthetic stereoisomer, with formula C10H20O, and is made from peppermint or other mint oils. That is the stuff in Vap-O-Rub (TM). It is used in a lot of products, from rubs to cigarettes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join