It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little known uprising taking place in Albania.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Things are heating up in Albania also, thousands protesting and little media coverage has been given, at least not here in the states. If anyone in Albania or Europe has anything to add it would be greatly appreciated. It's amazing how all this is happening at once and not just the Middle East but now also Europe. Thanks to Lucidity for the video find. Links below.

www.nytimes.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just found this too, Jeremiah. With all that's been going on in Greece lately too, that whole area as well seems ready to explode.

Arsonists attack Albanian consul's car in northern Greek city of Thessaloniki

By The Associated Press (CP) – 1 day ago

THESSALONIKI, Greece — Greek authorities say an incendiary bomb has damaged the car of Albania's consul in the northern city of Thessaloniki, causing damage but no injuries.

Police said Friday the incendiary device, consisting of four camping gas canisters, had been placed beneath the car and exploded overnight. Anarchist groups often carry out firebomb attacks using bombs made of gas canisters, usually targeting diplomatic cars, foreign businesses or banks.

Albania has been embroiled in political turmoil in recent weeks, with the prime minister rejecting calls for early elections over allegations of corruption. An anti-government protest last week left three people dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
there was a thread that talks about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good find, I totally forgot about Greece and also Kyrgyzstan fell a few months nago. Russia had protests a few weeks ago that was squashed and blamed on white nationalists but from what I remember reading from people at the actual protests is that they were protesting the government and the Russian state media was saying otherwise.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Albania has suffered under Jihad for many years. This is Jihad.

Albania hasn't really been a Western European nation for some time.
edit on 29-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The recurring theme that is common amongst all of these uprisings/protests, is "stolen elections", which is curious.

Why now all these stolen elections? I can't help but think that they are following the lead of the stolen elections they observed in the U.S.A. in 2000 & 2004. These corrupt politicians around the world must be thinking: If it works in the "greatest democracy" in the world, why not my nation?

The American's did nothing when the elections were stolen because their leaders were in on it and so conceded as good puppets should.

In these other nations, the opposition leaders are speaking out about it and you see the result.
edit on 29-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Possibly so but elections have been stolen long before 2000 and 2004, it's not a new concept. I believe it could be a host of different reasons, some obvious and others by some with their own agendas.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Perhaps the biggest reason we are seeing so many uprisings is because of the internet: The people are more informed about the corruption & stolen elections than they've ever been in history.

Perhaps that is why Obama wants the internet "kill switch"?
edit on 29-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It could be, no doubt the internet has changed the rules for just about everything, especially twitter. As far as the killswitch I do not like the idea at all and I see no reason for it other than for an evil self serving purpose. If they shut it down here I'm sure cell phones will most likely be shut off also.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Albania has suffered under Jihad for many years. This is Jihad.

Albania hasn't really been a Western European nation for some time.
edit on 29-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

Thats true, they pretty much they have been pretty much Islamic and from the way i see it the Albaniaians in amierca are calling for a USA a United States of Albania
other words the greater Albania.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Of course most on ATS will do everything they can to deflect threads away from Jihad. Anything and everything from mind-control devices mounted on airplanes to reptilians in the Vatican are used to conceal the movement of the jihad.

Even now, as the Muslim world explodes in real time all over the planet, Jihad is still denied.

Poor Albania. The massacres they have suffered. They to have been forgotten by the West and have been ceded to the House of Islam.

new topics

top topics

join