It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Brutal Video Games I've Ever Seen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

As I said already, it is not up to me because this is happening at his MOM'S house, not mine.

I think society as a whole is responsible for the welfare of ALL children because children are the future, they are OUR future.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

The lets ban smoking and drinking, agreed?

Better yet, kids can get a hold of car keys. Let's ban cars because kids may take them illegally and crash them and kill people. Lets ban malls because all they do is become a hive for teenage kids to congregate and cause trouble. Etc...

Where does it end? When will we start being responsible for our own actions? Why can't we allow people to determine what they wish to consume?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

That is bad @@s i think i am going to buy this game........ way better than the old versions from what i have been seeing

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
cod mw2 is worse as you have a level where you massacre a whole shopping centre then kill off loads of police, anyway i think movies and games where you or they kill without the gore are worse as they make death not seem as bloody and bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

After all, Violence existed 2000 years ago, Hitler and his cast of nazi idiots never played Mortal Kombat but they iniated the Holocaust, Stalin never played Kane & Lynch but had his Gulag and famine and so on.

This cracked me up, You're right but most people never bother about how the bring up their children. I don't really have a problem with the violence but the nudity and sex scenes in games these days, That really bothers me. There was a game in Japan a couple of years ago that was banned cause the point of the game was to rape as many women as you could......no comment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Then simply put. It is his mothers fault for not taking action. Luckily I grew up as a "Dad's boy" and as such, he didn't care what game he bought me as long as he enjoyed it too. We played everything from Mario Kart when it first came out, to the first Resident Evil when it first came out, and I still play Horror/Shooting/M/18+ games to this day, and I have no problems whatsoever.
edit on 28-1-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

maybe we should just ban kids and then the problem will be solved 100% within the next 18 years
edit on 28-1-2011 by lewman because: missed out the word next

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
cod mw2 is worse as you have a level where you massacre a whole shopping centre then kill off loads of police, anyway i think movies and games where you or they kill without the gore are worse as they make death not seem as bloody and bad.

I agree. My tip when playing games:

You see blood, you try to heal yourself.
You see a gun, you duck and cover.
You see a car, and you're being chased, you take it.
You see a giant 5-headed monster eating away at your friend, you kill it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I think society as a whole is responsible for the welfare of ALL children because children are the future, they are OUR future.

I agree with this sentiment.

Originally posted by Serizawa
This cracked me up, You're right but most people never bother about how the bring up their children. I don't really have a problem with the violence but the nudity and sex scenes in games these days, That really bothers me. There was a game in Japan a couple of years ago that was banned cause the point of the game was to rape as many women as you could......no comment.

Society indeed has to draw the line somewhere some time.

link   

What if a kid who was raised inappropriately get frustrated and depressed and wants revenge on the whole world due to some BS violence. Let's say hes been playing violent video games all his life and decides to carry a gun to school one morning and you know what. Such a scenario would affect alot more people then the boys parents......

Don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying

link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It is in the best interest of the general public to think of the welfare of children. Children are the future. I hold up my end of the bargain by not allowing violent video games or movies into my home so that they are at least not getting it here. Everyone should be concerned about the implications that the future generations face because of the horrible, disgusting things that our children are bombarded with everyday. We don't know the full scope of those implications yet because we have yet to see the generation I am speaking of grow into adults. The video game from when I was kid may have been violent to a point, but nothing like I see now. The images were not as realistic as they are in games we have now. These kids will be running the country someday and we are doing them a disservice by allowing the current trends to continue.

The first time I heard my step son tell my 3 year old son that he was use "tactical warfare' on him, I almost fainted. It is just ridiculous. I have zero control over what happens in his mother's house, but what she allows there, directly affects what happens here.

This is solely my opinion, you don't have to like it or agree with it. You are entitled to your opinion as well and I am fully prepared to agree to disagree with you. I really don't mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Na i don't hate the game i just thought it was boring (typical overhyped crap, but you can't except anything different from the big mainstream companies these days), to many cliched "scary" scenes, stupid looking monster and basically "same old gameplay and horror elements". Most video games that are deemed "scary" aren't scary at all because they use the same boring "it's dark and a monster jumps at you" bull# (which in Third person completely fails because you see the character you play from behind, a constant "it's only a game" reminder that destroys all atmosphere the game could've had), it get's boring fast, very fast and it was boring 10 years ago and it's not better now when since about 2005 about 50% of all games wanna be "scary" and most fail miserably (like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Metro 2033 for other unscary examples)
(If you wanna get scared, really scared, play Amnesia: The Dark Descent
And overall Dead Space was just another Third Person Shooter with not really good controls (at least on PC it was very floaty and slow), cliched storyline, stupid characters and bad dialogues.

And i also didn't think it was very violent, at least for all the hype they did about being so "brutal" and shocking. I'm curious how Dead Space 2 is, after all it a 18 and over rating and then some stupid politics decided that game needs to get banned, they failed with that though, thankfully. Let's wait and see, i bet those old politicians will try it again with this Mortal Kombat game and whatever "new and shocking" comes after that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How many school shootings did we see prior to the advent of extremely realistic, violent video games? I would venture to say, not that many.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
that was freakin awesome!

it's a fighting game, no one should be suprised if there's blood and gore. as another poster said, parents need to parent and stop messing up games i want to play because they're too darn lazy to do their job.

completely agree... people are F-ing with my entertainment .... my screen name says it all look up GodofWar for playstation

you want government to do your job for you..........
hmmm if you can't do it yourself , then maybe just maybe you shouldn't have had a child.....
oh yeah just a side note i am a father too.... i will teach my child what's fake and real... i will decide when he is ready to see this kind of stuff not the government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

How many school shootings did we see prior to the advent of extremely realistic, violent video games? I would venture to say, not that many.

It is indeed disturbing if there's a relation to it. Video games these days are very graphic after all.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

So the raising of a child immediately becomes someone else's problem as soon as the kid leaves your home? Interesting. I remember when I was a kid that my mom would talk to the parents of all the friends I played with on the street I grew up on (until I was ~13 or so... gets embarrassing around that time!) just because she wanted to make sure that those parents were aware of what my mother wanted me to be mindful of. So I got water when the other kids got Kool-Aid. I went inside at 7pm when all my friends went in at 8pm. Etc.

My parents set boundaries with clear consequences if those boundaries were exceeded. And they made sure that the parents of my friends were aware of that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I get what you're saying but it's the only true action horror that was even decent to play in a long time, especially after the big fail on Resident Evil 5's part.... BTW Dead Space 2 is ok and if you didn't like the first you won't like the 2nd hardcore difficulty is over the top though...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the only questions you should be asking is:

1. when does it come out.
2. is my internet connection good so i can kick *** online.

edit on 28-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I luv games don't get me wrong but don't you find a hidden agenda with games like this
Like you go out n kill someone and the will just regenerate
why are we naturally drawn to violence cos everyone loves fighting and shoot em ups

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join