It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Brutal Video Games I've Ever Seen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And I've seen some really violent ones such as thrill kill and mad world, but this one just takes the cake. Let's just say I react to this video more than to american horror movies.

My question is do you think this kind of video games should be banned or not? I want to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

First time you've seen a Mortal Kombat game I assume? No surprises here, move along....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Banned? Heck no. It's a video game, they have ratings, it's up to the parents to pay attention to what their children are watching and playing. What gives anyone the right to determine what is appropriate for ME because they are too lazy to be parents?

I can't remember what game it was, but I've seen a similar setup, see the x-ray of the person you are snapping to bits. What game was that? Batman arkum asylum i think.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think that there is no reason people need to be repeatedly bombarded with violent images, especially kids.

My 8 year old step son plays very violent videos games at his mother's house and I hate it. He can tell you the name of pretty much any gun and I think that is ridiculous. His mom thinks it is "not a big deal" because it is "not real". I beg to differ. I think that the repetitive violent images are not good for the psychiatric health of a child, or anyone for that matter.

Anything that is excessively violent should not be available to anyone because often times, as sad as it is, ends up in the hands of a child. There is no reason for that, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that was freakin awesome!

it's a fighting game, no one should be suprised if there's blood and gore. as another poster said, parents need to parent and stop messing up games i want to play because they're too darn lazy to do their job.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't think it should be banned either. A little distasteful to have in a video game.. Why not go out and do it for real?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why should it be banned? If you don't like it, ignore it. Some people like Violence, especially in that over the top kind of way you just can't take serious. Mortal Kombat pretty much lives and lived because of those cheesy fatalities. Same way a lot of other games lives to it, like Duke Nukem or Left 4 Dead, it's presented in a nearly comical way.

Banning doesn't help anything. Here in Germany games get banned all the time and? Nothing, the kids download the games or have other ways to get them and if anything "banned" makes kid check out a game as fast as possible, just to see why it got banned. I did it back then with games like Doom or Blood when i was 10-11 years old.
If you don't like it, don't look at it, don't buy it, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to, right?
But for me and a lot of other people those cheesy violent games are just fun to play

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
that game is dope!!!!!! when does that come out, they just made mortal kombat even more awesome!! the last one
mortal kombat vs dc was tight to but this one looks way better

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yes, because you or your childs mother can't be bothered to read the ratings on each and every video game that is sold, I shouldn't have access to it at all. That makes perfect sense. You know what? the problem are people like your kids mother, that kid can't buy violent games, it's illegal, SHE has to buy them.

But to continue your argument to it's logical conclusion.......

guns eventually end up in the hands of kids, ban em
knifes eventually end up in the hands of kids, ban em
medicines eventually end up in the hands of kids, ban em

Yes it's much simpler to censor reality to your taste than it is to be a responsible parent.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ever heard of Kane and Lynch? That's worse. Heavy Rain, Its got nudity in it! WTF are they teaching these kids.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Nothing, all those games are rated so kids can't play them. Again, parents responsibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Really? Are you a real parent? Because the games have an ESRB.

M for Mature
18+ for 18 and up.

These are the tags for these games.

If your son is playing E - for Everyone games, there isn't any problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I think that there is no reason people need to be repeatedly bombarded with violent images, especially kids.

Then don't buy the product or turn the channel. Why do other peoples freedoms need to be curbed due to a parent's lack of control of their own children?

Anything that is excessively violent should not be available to anyone because often times, as sad as it is, ends up in the hands of a child. There is no reason for that, in my opinion.

Agreed, but why is it society's responsibility to raise your kid? Why do you, as a parent (or step parent), not lay down the law or discuss your concerns directly with the kids' mother? Anything can end up in the hands of children which is why parents are supposed to be watching what their children consume. Sure, there will be moments that will catch the parents off guard or unawares but that is part of life and unavoidable. Instead of calling for everyone else's freedoms to be curbed, why not use the opportunity to discuss with children WHY they are too young to consume something.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Everyone knows kids play those games, I've been playing games rated 18 since i was about 6 or something, The whole Mortal Kombat series. It's just like the whole alcohol and smoking restrictions, Well kids still do it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Exactly right! Most times I buy my games I often have to show ID and this is exactly why they have ratings... Your kid can't go into the game store and pick this up off of the shelf, usually they need an adult present with their ID in order to get their hands on it.... This is the video games fault how?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

They don't teach anything, they entertain kids and adults. I think most kids can better distinguish between video games and reality. It's mostly older people that didn't grow up with stuff like that and because they wear their rose-tinted glasses think that it's awful, disgusting and whatnot. Same people who as kids propably watched Tom & Jerry and other violent cartoons (but those were good, because they were old and until 30 years ago the world was perfect as we all know
)

I played nearly all First Person Shooters that are available, all other "violent" games, i don't take them serious, if anything, most of them are either over the top or just boring (like Dead Space). I played them since i was a kid and was never violent, never got into a real fight, never thought "i have to try that" and even though i have 2 very sharp katanas hanging on my wall i never thought "hey, let's play some Shadow Warrior for real". You know why? Because my parents raised me in a good way, they spent enough time with me, they talked with me about everything and they just made sure that i became a functional intelligent human being

The kids who can't distinguish between reality and fiction are those with bad parents, it's simple as that. Raise your kid in a intelligent, loving way, talk about the video games and other things and the kid will grow up just fine.
After all, Violence existed 2000 years ago, Hitler and his cast of nazi idiots never played Mortal Kombat but they iniated the Holocaust, Stalin never played Kane & Lynch but had his Gulag and famine and so on.
All the agenda against all violent media is just stupid.
Like i said before: You don't like violence? Look away! Might be too simple and of course this way you can't open a whiny topic on ATS but it would be better.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

If you would have what I wrote you would see that he is not playing them at my house, he is playing them at his Mom's house. I have no control over what goes on there. All the games we have here are rated E for Everyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Okay the real question is "Should we censore all people, so that a child will never get a hold of it."
Censorship is never the answer. If a parent can't do thier job, the government should't have to step in to decide what should be available to the public.

It's a "slippery slide" effect, if you ban one game because of violence, then where does it end.
What is excessive to one person, might be enjoyable to another.
Deciding from a subjective point of view for others is unfair, and unethical.

I will also add that violence in video games has often been unfairly associated
with violence and aggression in youth.

So as it were "the proof is in the pudding.................
News review

Phyciatric point of view" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Psychiatric stand on the subject

Results of study (2005)

edit on 28-1-2011 by KingAtlas because: (no reason given)

link   

i remember seeing that too in the Fight Club video game

link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

You might deserve a swift kick for hating on Dead Space! Then again if FPS is what you're used to I could see your brain being adjusted to play games like that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join