It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

IS the United States a Genetic ARK?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Thought I would share yet another one of my theories....

Im an American, and live in the capitol of the world, NYC. Looking around I can see all kinds of races of people, from Chinese to Peruvians to Indians, and everything in between. And so I got to thinking, the US is one of the only countries in the world to advocate and fully uphold racial diversity. One of the only countries to grant rights to all, and offer them the right to (supposed) freedom.

So heres where I get to thinking, was the US created to serve as some kind of genetic reservoir? Suppose that centuries ago when this country was founded, our forefathers knew of some kind of impending disaster, and decided to open the gates to every nationality on this planet....

If anything were to happen to the rest of the world, whether a natural disaster or a "culling" and depopulation of the planet, what better place to store all races and genetics in 1 place?

Lets say China is completely destroyed....no problem! We have plenty of Chinese in America to continue their bloodlines, traditions, and culture. The same could be said for any other country in the world.

So I ask you, is the US some kind of social experiment to create a Genetic ARK? Could this be the reason that the US has been lenient (sort of) in letting all races enter the country relatively easily?

Would love to hear your opinions!

---GeminiSky




posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky
 





So I ask you, is the US some kind of social experiment to create a Genetic ARK? Could this be the reason that the US has been lenient (sort of) in letting all races enter the country relatively easily?


Jeez, I certainly hope not!




posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky
 


NYC is not the capital of the world and nor is america the only place by far to have racial diversity, so no I don't think it's some sort of ark.



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky
 


Fellow New Yorker!

Interesting theory, however I doubt USA is the genetic ARK… as an immigrant from young age I can only state the obvious, people seeking refuge in United States are not the best specimen of their original resident country… due to adaptation to new life and future generations of mixed marriages these scenarios erase certain characteristics of origin… just my opinion…

If we are the ARK than future is in big trouble… lol
Unfortunately, thanks to our government and educational system, I don’t find citizens of this county to be bright or in any way beneficial to the future… we will probably be first “to go”



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Hey guys,

Thought I would share yet another one of my theories....

Im an American, and live in the capitol of the world, NYC. Looking around I can see all kinds of races of people, from Chinese to Peruvians to Indians, and everything in between. And so I got to thinking, the US is one of the only countries in the world to advocate and fully uphold racial diversity. One of the only countries to grant rights to all, and offer them the right to (supposed) freedom.

So heres where I get to thinking, was the US created to serve as some kind of genetic reservoir? Suppose that centuries ago when this country was founded, our forefathers knew of some kind of impending disaster, and decided to open the gates to every nationality on this planet....

If anything were to happen to the rest of the world, whether a natural disaster or a "culling" and depopulation of the planet, what better place to store all races and genetics in 1 place?

Lets say China is completely destroyed....no problem! We have plenty of Chinese in America to continue their bloodlines, traditions, and culture. The same could be said for any other country in the world.

So I ask you, is the US some kind of social experiment to create a Genetic ARK? Could this be the reason that the US has been lenient (sort of) in letting all races enter the country relatively easily?

Would love to hear your opinions!

---GeminiSky



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre
 





NYC is not the capital of the world and nor is america the only place by far to have racial diversity


To retort:

NYC is only the capital of the civilized world.

America is the only place in the world that is superior in every single imaginable way.




posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky
 


If it is the HOPE of your country, this video should tell you.. your country is in some serious trouble! hahaha

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
reply to post by GeminiSky
 


If it is the HOPE of your country, this video should tell you.. your country is in some serious trouble! hahaha

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...


What exactly are you trying to say? That a teen moron such as the one in your link represents all Americans? May I ask where you are from, and what country you claim as your own? Maybe youtube will have some videos of your countries "ambassadors" Please let me know where you are from as I would love to post those videos in response to your snark comment.

---GeminiSky



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre
 


As far as I know NYC has been historically referred to as "The capitol of the world" or "The financial capitol of the world"

If I am incorrect, please let me know, in your opinion, what is the capitol of the world?



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre
 


LOL You are soo right. I find it hilarious that some americans think so highly of themselves. I said some, I'm not generalizing. So if you're offended then you are part of THOSE americans. As for the subject at hand, we could say that for a bunch of places around the world. So a better question would be; do you think there are artificial genetic pools around the world, places were those pools would be safe if a major caticlism were to happen? It could very well be. There are many many, districts like little Italy, China town and plethora of other districts such as those, so why not. It would be wise to do so.



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2
 


HAHAHAHhahhahahhah!!!!! That is too funny
Thanks, it's been a while since I had such a laugh... you crack me up



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R
 



America is the only place in the world that is superior in every single imaginable way.


I got a good chuckle too out of that. Too funny. **



It could very well be. There are many many, districts like little Italy, China town and plethora of other districts such as those, so why not. It would be wise to do so.


That sounds like Vancouver, BC. I was raised there, and I remember those districts. China town had some really good places to shop and eat. Canada has such a diversity, without the prejudice that we see so often on the news from some other countries. We have both a cultural/ethnic and a religious diversity, although we're generally NOT a religious country, we're just quite tolerant.

** I guess Canada has some patriotic pride also, and I do like the American people, you're almost just like us
but the USA government is messing up its country beyond recognition. Politics and the economics are totally FUBAR these recent years, which is really sad.
edit on 28-1-2011 by snowspirit because: added to clarify




posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit
 


Well, you are in USA's hat, so certainly some hairs will inevitably get stuck up there..

...



edit: gotta make it relevant somehow, i suppose. i do think the cultural diversity present in north america, as a whole, is on a larger scale than many other places in the world. I get what you are saying about New York being the financial capitol of the world, which i do believe it is generally called that. I did not personally get arrogance from your post, OP, but many people are so stuck in a blaming mindset that they cant get unstuck. However, i do not necessarily feel north america is a "genetic ark" of anything other than "happenstance" and not necessarily intention.
edit on 28-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik
 


I wasn't refering to north america per say. When I say many different districts such as little Italy and china town I meen that there are many different places around the world were people of the same ethnic backgound pool together to form communities. I think that is awesome. That in turn safeguards their culture and traditions so they can be passed on to the next generation. And if that is purposefully done...gravy!

edit on 28-1-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by Okandetre
 





NYC is not the capital of the world and nor is america the only place by far to have racial diversity


To retort:

NYC is only the capital of the civilized world.

America is the only place in the world that is superior in every single imaginable way.



Sounds like nothing but pride in a city and patriotism, not true facts I'm afraid.

Not trying to discount you at all but it does seem like our American brethren are the only ones arrogant enough to consider themselves the absolute pinnacle of all existence and everywhere else in the world is far inferior to them yet at the same time, it's mostly US led wars recently, hell it seems that even conspiracies seem to be abundant in the US than most other places.

I'm not an anti-America person, I love that country and the people in it but posts like that seem to reinforce the hatred against the US and the stereotypes of an arrogant nation who have no compassion toward other countries.



posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky
 


No its not, the UK is a dump also.....sorry I mean an ARK



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
reply to post by Okandetre
 


As far as I know NYC has been historically referred to as "The capitol of the world" or "The financial capitol of the world"

If I am incorrect, please let me know, in your opinion, what is the capitol of the world?


Since I last posted, I asked some people at work if they had heard of this phrase, none had. Maybe it's an American term. After all America is the world


Oh and I think there is no capital of the world, otherwise we'd all know what it was, obviously.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A few years old but.....




New York's mayor is worried - arch-rival London is pulling ahead. Ed Pilkington and Hugh Muir report from both sides of the Atlantic on the battle to be capital of the world

guardian.co.uk



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Maybe just a failed social experiment.

Also try using a not well known book in america, its called an atlas. Where you will find many new strange and exotic places that arnt america!



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Apparently most of you seem to have failed at understanding the OP. Why exactly is this turning into an America vs the world thread? Why are you hanging on to a phrase I used, "the capitol of the world"? Call it whatever you want, thats not what my OP was about.

Some of you seem to think that im blindly patriotic and arrogant, stereotyping me as a typical American....This could not be further from the truth, in fact im not proud of my country whatsoever, and can see why the world looks down upon America.

I need to use an Atlas? What exactly is the point of even writing such a silly thing?

I was simply taking into account the racial diversity in America, along with the lenient immigration laws we have, and presenting one of my theory's.

Notice, nowhere in my OP did I hint that America is better than any other country....this is something the rest of you started bringing up.

Please re-read the OP, and comment on the theory instead of hanging on to certain words or phrases and steering this thread off track. Give that a shot!

---GeminiSky



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join