It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Object Recorded By A DMSP Satellite

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The technology could definitely be older than we think. They were developing stealth tech in the early '70s and no one had a clue.

I know the shape doesn't fit exactly, but I don't think there is any way to see the orientation of the object exactly from a weather satellite.

It is certainly one of the more intriguing pictures I have seen on here in a long time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Yeah too many unkowns, even with the detailed analysis!

Agreed that it is an intriguing picture.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Yeah too many unkowns, even with the detailed analysis!

Agreed that it is an intriguing picture.

I still say there's 3 trails..
Maybe mid engined with the wing tips causing the outer trails??

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is the thing rotated left and in black and white.

It does look like a saucer from this perspective:

Here is the B&W inverted:

edit on 28-1-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"Thoughts, comments?"

This sounds pretty stupid, but having read about control problems encountered with the SR-71 at extreme altitudes where the atmosphere is very thin, I wonder if that thin, dark area is one of those planes or something similar that has slewed sideways? Granted that is a very poor image, but it does resemble the SR-21's profile. And obviously, the object is within an altitude where clouds/vaportrails form.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I especially like the inverted black and white picture. You can really see the structure of the entire event. It certainly shows something banking very quickly in the atmosphere.

As for out of control SR-71, we did lose a few of those because of that. Interesting theory.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Here is the thing in another orientation. If it is something gaining altitude, then I feel this perspective best conveys that:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If you take the blue section in the center of the rectilinear 'vapour' cloud (cold) as a profile (as other posters have mentioned) I find it resembles a space shuttle. Its a long shot because of location, but the orbiter did non-powered atmospheric testing starting in 1977, possibly accounting for the coldness of the surrounding area perhaps.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't that a Puddle-Jumper ?

Cool.

PD: That original image doesn't look like an IR pic... and I don't think they would use that color combination (white-blue) to make an IR-spectre palette...

edit on 28/1/2011 by drakus because: Doodee doo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
looks like a cloud to me,
if not then it's really big!
and then I always assumed if there is UFO's ~ ET UFO's that is, they use antigravity propolsion which would eliminate fossile fuel chem trails. You know they are here to protect the enviroment not add to the CO2 Level?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Makes it seem more artificial and stand out more with the black and white colours,

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Could it be?

X-43 Hypersonic jet.

Altitude and speed is well within such an aircraft's ability.

According to Mr. Smith, the photo had been verified as coming from a defense weather satellite and he had determined that the strange object was at about 45,000 ft and traveling at 4,000 to 5,000 mph

Only problem is the infrared scale of the photograph, if white is cold, then a scramjet engine won't be white...

Man, beat me I've gotta get up pretty early to compete with you guys ( x-43 andx-51 came to my mindfirst too):

RE:"Cold engine":
Actually the x-43 and x-51 scramjets are"wave riders" the fuel is mixed with the incoming hyper/supersonic air and ignited; the combustion takes place somewhere outside the engine. the length and shape of the fuselage is designed to take advantage of this and ride the external shockwave of the fuel pulse.( Nasa has a booth at the EAA airshow every year) they supposedly account for the strange "donuts on a rope" contrails sometimes seen.

Added:

come to think of it I can see if the speed is less than optimum ( tuned) the pulses would stretch out on the "rope" as it slowed down, Also as it was running inits "tuned range"( wherethe pulses hit the craft smoothly) it would probably sound like a low audio frequency hum depending on its speed . I wonder if that accounts for the hums people say they hear all over the southwest.????

www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 28-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by 46ACE because: added:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Maybe the object is an island.

Have you never seen an orographically induced cloud plume?

edit on 28-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

HMMM ;
no I haven't but I like simple solutions.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I really hope everyone understands how this satellite works and takes pictures. The satellite taking these photos works compltely differently than a point and shoot camera. This is not a picture of a 'UFO punching through the clouds with four contrails..' - The satellite creates pictures line by line (scan lines), similar to a tv, but very, very slow (the colors are created from temperature). If there is any quick movements between the satellite and the object (the 'UFO' with 4 contrails in this case), a great distortion would take place and only the initial movement on the first scan line would be recorded, making it much, much smaller than what we are shown. This means in order for the satellite to capture that image, the object must have been moving below the satellite and above the clouds (object same color as upper clouds, meaning same temperature) for a long enough period of time for each line to be created, as well as moving in the same direction and similar speeed.

So in theory, the object in question was a little behind, then caught up to the satellite and was visible long enough to be scanned, then passed the satellite. Im guessing the object was traveling around 3-5 thousand MPH in order for the satellite to fully scan it. I think what may've been caught is another satellite or space junk in orbit and if its not that, i would say a UFO in orbit. But i do know for sure it isnt a UFO punching through the clouds and it doesnt have any contrails coming from it. I hope this helps people understand a little better. If you have any questions please ask.
edit on 28/1/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

The satellite creates pictures line by line (scan lines), similar to a tv, but very, very slow (the colors are created from temperature).

Nice work..Do you know the time span for a single image??
That would distort the object a lot and knowing the time may help...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
so...no one thinks its too big to be a airplane/scamjet/spaceship and it looks like some clouds? huh...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

The satellite creates pictures line by line (scan lines), similar to a tv, but very, very slow (the colors are created from temperature).

Nice work..Do you know the time span for a single image??
That would distort the object a lot and knowing the time may help...

It took about 12 seconds for the image we are discussing to be taken. There are many variables in a scan, making it hard to get the exact timing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It took about 12 seconds for the image we are discussing to be taken. There are many variables in a scan, making it hard to get the exact timing.

That's a fair amount of time..
I don't see how a time span like that could possibly show the perfect lines visible in the darkened line on the front of this thing..
Now I'm more baffled..

Are we really sure this was an IF scan and not just a normal pic??

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpsdasnake
so...no one thinks its too big to be a airplane/scamjet/spaceship and it looks like some clouds? huh...

How are you even judging size??
We have no scale to go by that I've seen..
We also have no idea how far the object is from the scanner..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join