It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dome of the Rock is the Abomination of Desolation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

1) some character called anti-christ can occupy it. 2) some raging nightmare version of "Jesus" will show up with a mighty sword slaying people by the millions, human blood flowing 4 ft deep in a river down the street. 3) the whole world destroyed in a raging inferno.

Evangelical Christianity is a weird thing. I feel for you that you had to experience that; and even worse, were exposed to such an idiotic dogma.

The temple as envisioned by Judaism is sensible, and pretty much straight forward. There is nothing "doomsdayish" about it, but rather, they hope and believe that this Temple will influence human consciousness.

Why Christians feel the need to justify such a wacky concept as an antichrist - an evil person who wants to harm the world - and then Jesus returning to Jerusalem.... Idk. Clearly it is political in nature, and has absolutely no eschatological significance to intelligent Christian mystics (atleast i hope not). But, for political reasons, the Jews need to be opposed, and thus, a 'myth' needs to be hammered into the heads of the ignorant Christian masses.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

But, for political reasons, the Jews need to be opposed, and thus, a 'myth' needs to be hammered into the heads of the ignorant Christian masses.
They are not being opposed and I don't know how you come to think that.
They are being helped politically because of the Dr. Strangelove types who actually want the world devastated and are OK with all life on Earth being eradicated. They take advantage of the mythology and actually fund it through foundations to support churches and preachers who promote ever intensifying fear mongering and expectation for some huge conflict, but feel assured that whatever happens is probably for the best, being god's plan, and will not have to experience any ill affects since they will be caught up in a rapture by Jesus.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

How bout we just ignore all this dogma for a second. Lets look at it without the clothing of religion.

If your son valued and loved a toy so much, played with it everyday, and yearned to be with it, and one day loses it, but never forgets about it. Everyday that he is part from it, he yearns and pleads with God to give it back to him. After many years a new boy finds it, plays with it, but his connection with it is rather superficial compared to your son, who valued it much greater, and infact, the entire time that he has been separated from it, he has done nothing but pray o God that it be returned to him.

Would you not want this for your son? To be given his toy back? Or do you think the new boys flippant relationship with the toy is enough of a just cause to not return it?

In my opinion. It would reflect good on the second boy to give it back to the first boy, who values it more.

But...we live in a evil world. And people justify all sorts of injustice because thats just the way the ego is

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

. . .but his connection with it is rather superficial compared to your son, who valued it much greater. . .
Completely bogus analogy.
We should have the return of the Caliphate, if you want to follow that principle.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

This is exactly what I've been getting at for years. The Zionists keep defending Israel as a Jewish nation, but it's not! It's a secular one. Judaism is a religion, and one need only look at the Temple Mount to see who has religious control in Jerusalem. The Israeli politicians are perfectly content with pissing off the whole world by murdering Palestinians, but show no regard for their own religious history. They are apostates and murderers. Being a Christian, I totally support the Jews controlling Israel, it is theirs after all, but the so called Zionist movement is a political one that steals land, makes war, and allows the holiest sites of the Jews to be defaced.
edit on 27-1-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

Why would the Edomites care if they destroyed religious artifacts?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
This sort of talk leads to people blowing each other up over a small piece of real estate.

Seriously, why? Why would a deity who created the cosmos give so much importance to a few hundred square meters? Couldn't the new temple just be built a block down the road? Would the deity care all that much?

Maybe that's where the mothership is buried?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
swoosh----

The Abomination that Causes Desolation - FLEXStar
Different Translations: The Abomination of Desolation is translated in ... the abominable and destructive thing standing on holy ground", "the appalling abomination"...
www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/abomination_that_causes...

what is being referenced is not a building that is standing/erected on Holy ground...

the prophecy is about the AntiChrist being on the Holy ground ~ probably the Temple Mount

the abomination which makes desolation cannot be from a building or ediface... but a person that commands the beheading of both Jews and Christians be caarried out on the Holy place would more closely fufill the prophecy meaning'

either a execution place or a place where the antichrist commits sodomy & beastality, because one of the identifiers of the future AC is that he does not follow the God of his Fathers and has no desire for woman..
ergo the charasmatic leader is a sex deviant and will do things on the Holy place to sicken Jews Christians and moral people of other faiths

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Who are you calling Edomites?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Daedal

The peoples of Esau...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

reply to post by Daedal

The peoples of Esau...
I mean who are you saying these people are today and how are you identifying them?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This may help.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

This may help.
No.
This seems racist and on a par with calling the Germans Huns in World War 1.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

This may help.
No.

Sorry if it appears so..Can you provide a more accurate geneological account?I guess I must ask,you said no,but to what exactly are you saying no too?
edit on 8-9-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Is this chart inaccurate.I also believe I can validate the Anti=Christ's origin from the current English throne.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

This may help.
No.
Sorry if it appears so..Can you provide a more accurate geneological account?I guess I must ask,you said no,but to what exactly are you saying no too?
That genealogy doesn't have anything to do with what I was asking about so my comment was not about that, but the earlier comment you made which was, "Why would the Edomites care if they destroyed religious artifacts?"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

This may help.
No.
That genealogy doesn't have anything to do with what I was asking about so my comment was not about that, but the earlier comment you made which was, "Why would the Edomites care if they destroyed religious artifacts?"

I guess in that context I would have to ask what did you think the chart alluded too.The throne in England and the Edomites are IMO linked.Don't see how that would be racist though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Don't see how that would be racist though

Identification of a group of people by a racial designation with negative connotations to it + derogatory attributes given to this group by implication = racism

edit on 9-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Don't see how that would be racist though

Identification of a group of people by a racial designation with negative connotations to it + derogatory attributes given to this group by implication = racism

So too suggest that the Edomites are or possibly connected to England is racist,just because of the possible negative attribute it may bring with it?Sounds like denial to me,IMO..
Here is an excerpt on Race and genetics:
Source

Ongoing genetic research have investigated how ancestral human populations migrated in the ancestral geographic environment into different geographic areas. Migrations and gene flow were relatively slow.[dubious – discuss] Today it is possible to determine, by genetic analysis, from which ancestral geographic regions a person originates and to what degree from each region. Also other factors such as endogamy for cultural reasons may give rise to genetically differentiated groups. This has been seen as a validation of the concept of race.[who?] Especially since geographic ancestry has some utility in areas such as medicine.[unbalanced opinion]

So is this racist too because they are identifying races?

edit on 9-9-2011 by Daedal because: added text

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Apparently you just jumped into this thread to make your dig and then never back it up so I don't want to participate in your derailment and have nothing further to say to you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Apparently you just jumped into this thread to make your dig and then never back it up so I don't want to participate in your derailment and have nothing further to say to you.

I merely showed you a geneological chart of succession of the throne.You immediately suggest racism.I wasn't sure how you were ascertaining that.You then post to me a defining example of what racism is.I replied.Now you suggest I am trying to derail the thread.Okay..
Have a good day..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join