It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

I agree with you, I also saw it as a smile..I like how you describe it, happy moon.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Wasn't sure what that meant. I just happened to come across this topic here and on youtube for the first time....people saying something weird about the moon. I checked it out, and it looked the same to me....but I didn't use binoculars or a telescope....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
I don't deny it could just be me and I need a mental adjustment lol, but I have never seen the moon like that, much less continually throughout the month. But I believe this goes hand in hand with the devastating floods that are happening in Pakistan, Australia and Brazil at the moment.
edit on 1/28/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: to add more info

No, that's a normal behavior of the moon due to field rotation. You're observing the moon in an alt-az way, so it will appear to rotate with the rest of the sky over the course of the night. At certain times of the year and from certain locations this corresponds to a crescent moon whose apparent alt-az orientation is roughly horizontal. That was the case even over 30 years ago as well, indeed, it's always been that way:
farm5.static.flickr.com...
(this photo is from 1980)
This is why astrophotographers who do long exposures need to use polar alignment; alt-az won't cut it because the field will appear to rotate unless your axis of rotation is parallel with the earth's.
www.astrophotoinsight.com...
This is true whether you're observing with a telescope or just your head mounted on your shoulders.

Telescopic observation does show, however, that the moon is right where it should be in the sky:
www.ustream.tv...
About an hour and ten minutes into the above video I perform an automatic slew from Saturn to the moon, and the telescope finds the moon just fine despite running on nothing but its own old, permently encoded software.
edit on 28-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

We had a sky watch last Sunday 23rd January in my garden and checked the Stellarium software as well and it DID NOT come up on the horizon as indicated in the software at 10.20pm but an hour later.
I live in central Scotland and we then started to wonder if the sky was out of kilt as well, as in were the stars not where they should have been, but they were fine.
So, it was only the moon that was not doing as it should. I have not read the rest of the thread yet as I just had to write this out to you all.
What is causing this????

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
if you claim the moon is " wrong "

i will not appologies for insulting you - but you are dopey civilians who cannot set ther clocks correctly , or operate simple software

the simple fact is that my calculations of moon rise / set and positions - show no anomolies

and i can find no threads on any of the following forum groups :

fishermen
yachtsmen
boat owners
divers

that claim that the tide times and by inerence the moon position - have been contrary to published data

further no astronomers have reported anomolous sightings

so - who is wrong ?

sorry folks - its you

unless you want to claim that EVERYONE else is part of the conspiracy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Listen up man thats exactly what I`ve been stating in a theory on my thread for several days that the 486 year eclipse has done something,brilliant,although my thread is based on the early rise of the sun in the northern hemisphere by two days.www.abovetopsecret.com...
with alot of supporting evidence of cycles and animations What the hell.
Do you know einstein once had a famous discussion with a certain quantum physicist de Boer and stated " do you really believe If I don`t look at the moon it is`nt really there".
Is the matrix falling apart.
edit on 28-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Please see here, an hour and ten minutes into this video I slew to the moon and it shows up right where it should be on the same day that you claim it was an hour off. It is most certainly not an hour off.
www.ustream.tv...
Check your location settings on stellarium, check the time zone setting, check to make sure that you're really seeing the true horizon, not an obstructed horizon, etc. If you do it right you'll find that the moon is not out of place at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Exactly, the moon's gravitational force is what controls our tides if the moon move early, or the earth, we'd notice immediately a difference in the tides, which we have not.

Very true, if our moon goes further and further away, eventually we would have the "solar bulge" the sun's pull on our oceans, water would shift drastically due to the moon's balancing effect being gone. That spells bad news.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If the moon rises and sets in different places , then so to would our sun. It is not. who ever said it could be moving away is wrong too. why would the moon do that? the gravitanional pull of earth means they are locked together for ever. I think i read somehwere ages ago that the moon would drift away from the earth in billions of years in the future. I could be mistaken though.
But come on 4 hours out. ships would run aground, there would be a stink on the news, the shippig forcasts would be screaming.

Again Nothing to see here.
edit on 28-1-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am perplexed as anyone here as to why these anomalies are taking place? I checked my planosphere/ star charts for the northern sky and it said the same as stellarium.
It seems that all over the world people are noticing different things?
We all think that everything is so predictable but it is not as this totally threw me!
The only way to empirically measure this would be if lay people and astronomers note when the major highlights for February take place and see if they match:

www.jodrellbank.manchester.ac.uk...

On February 28th, the moon and venus will be seen together in the pre-dawn sky.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
I am perplexed as anyone here as to why these anomalies are taking place? I checked my planosphere/ star charts for the northern sky and it said the same as stellarium.

I don't know too many planospheres that show moon rise times. Like I said, go back and check all your settings again. I observed the moon the same day you did and it wasn't out of place at all.

The only way to empirically measure this would be if lay people and astronomers note when the major highlights for February take place and see if they match:

You can empirically measure it any time you can see it, as I did the same day that you report it being off by an hour. It wasn't off at all.
www.ustream.tv...
Astronomers, particularly amateur astronomers, would notice if the moon were out of place as we're out there almost every night observing. At any given time when the moon is sufficiently far from the sun in the sky there's probably at least one goto telescope looking at it.

As an example take a look at how often a telescope is being broadcast live here:
www.nightskiesnetwork.com...
This particular group focuses on deep sky objects, but right now there are 2 people up and running even as I type. If you ask really nicely you might even be able to get one of them to slew it to the moon for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It seems that all over the world people are noticing different things?
We all think that everything is so predictable but it is not as this totally threw me!

www.jodrellbank.manchester.ac.uk...

On February 28th, the moon and venus will be seen together in the pre-dawn sky.

This is indeed the key to the mystery and the door that is unlocked by it leads to a place that very few have dared to tread. I can't say too much more at the moment I have already been warned today to stay silent.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
This is indeed the key to the mystery and the door that is unlocked by it leads to a place that very few have dared to tread. I can't say too much more at the moment I have already been warned today to stay silent.

Are you claiming that every amateur astronomer has been "warned" to "stay silent" as well, or are they just part of the conspiracy? I know for a fact that the moon is not out of place, so that leaves me wondering what you could possibly be "warned" about and by who?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I am not arguing I am only saying that a group of us witnessed the same anomoly?
I gave the idea of a major highlight in February for ordinary folk who would find it easier to 'see' if there is an anomoly?
I have my views and you have yours. That is why ATS is such a good debating website? I cannot prove anything but I will take my SLR camera out the next time and put the date and time on the photo, to prove what is there and what is not?
Hopefully this never happens again but if it does at least other people might see it and report it????

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am not arguing I am only saying that a group of us witnessed the same anomoly?

If it's a true anomaly then everyone should be seeing it, especially those of us who are actually measuring the true position of the moon.

I gave the idea of a major highlight in February for ordinary folk who would find it easier to 'see' if there is an anomoly?

That's not a very sensitive method though, and it certainly isn't the "only" way to empirically measure it.

I cannot prove anything but I will take my SLR camera out the next time and put the date and time on the photo, to prove what is there and what is not?

Be sure to use a tripod or fixed object to put it on and do a long exposure to record stars in the photograph as well, that way we can astrometrically measure the position of the moon in your photo. Don't worry if you over-expose the moon, in fact if you do it right you will be over-exposing the moon. That's probably the easiest way to measure it if you don't have a telescope or sextant.

Hopefully this never happens again

I remain unconvinced it happened the first time, unless someone can prove my telescope is lying to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Bad astronomy,bad ideas and someone condescending the events as timelined,are you afraid you will loose your astronomy licence,or do you even have one,don`t care ,amatuerish and without credit for other observers.I will do my research and be back.Thankyou for confirming you do not work in a national observatory for insurance purposes,and confirming you are a amatuer just like the rest.
edit on 28-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am not going to argue anymore with you. Could you please bring 'proof' to the table that there are no anomalies taking place throughout the world or the universe?
If you research on this website there is plenty of threads just like this one about changes people are noticing anecdotally throughout the world?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

Bad astronomy,bad ideas

Actually what I offered just now was good astronomy and good ideas. Feel free to specifically critique what you think it is I said that was wrong or bad.

are you afraid you will loose your astronomy licence,or do you even have one,don`t care ,amatuerish and without credit for other observers.

My evidence speaks for itself. I don't have a "license" (I don't even think there is such a thing as an "astronomy license") but I do have 15 years of experience in astronomy, 10 years of experience in astrophotography. The evidence I presented just now was my own work, I don't appreciate the accusation that I stole someone else's work without giving them credit.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

there is a post on internet somewhere relating to the moon tilting 90degrees which happened in the beginning of december 2010 or the earth has tilted, something strange is going on and they the powers that be are keeping stum

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I am not going to argue anymore with you. Could you please bring 'proof' to the table that there are no anomalies taking place throughout the world or the universe?

Your claim was specifically that the moon was an hour off in position on January 23rd. I measured the moon's position on that same date and found that it was exactly where it was supposed to be according to my telescope:
www.ustream.tv...
If you want to change horses to ANY anomaly of ANY kind ANYWHERE in the universe then that will have to be a discussion for a different thread as this one is specifically about the moon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join