It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensairich
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

there is a post on internet somewhere relating to the moon tilting 90degrees which happened in the beginning of december 2010 or the earth has tilted, something strange is going on and they the powers that be are keeping stum

That would be the old claim referring to field rotation. Yes, sometimes the moon looks "horizontal" sometimes it looks "vertical" it all depends on the time of night, the location of the moon in the sky, and your location on earth. The moon's orientation will appear to change over the course of the night due to field rotation and the fact that you're observing it from an altitude-azimuth perspective under normal circumstances. From that perspective, a person near the equator will see the moon "rotate" approximately 180 degrees from rising to setting. A person standing nearer one pole or the other will see the moon rotate less than that, but unless they're standing at the pole it will still rotate to some degree or another. This is true of all objects in the sky, everything from constellations to planets, as can be seen in this time lapse altitude-azimuth view of Jupiter:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
For the last couple of months now people different places on the globe have stated that they have noticed "abnormal" behaviour from the moon. People have noticed it dissapearing all together, rising and setting in the incorrect place etc. However at the same time as other people have quite rightly pointed out from their perspective it is normal and there are no unusual behaviours.
This is the whole point, it is a subjective observation, and people really need to start asking, not why the moon is acting peculiar but why is it that only some people are observing it. The truth is out there, you just need to dig a bit deeper.

That's exactly my point in discussing this with ngchunter that it is 'subjective' to the people observing and his view that night is different to ours! Why is this happening? Is it as some have been saying there are 'glitches' in the veil between our reality and another?
Or is it thhat we are like the game THE SIMS and the programme/code is failing????

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Could you please bring 'proof' to the table that there are no anomalies taking place throughout the world or the universe?
How could anyone show "proof" that something does not, or did not, happen? Think about it, prove a negative.
How about you show some kind of proof that what you claim actually did happen. The Moon being out of place only during your observation? Are you serious? Are you suggesting it was out of place and since then has 'popped' back to its normal position? If this is what indeed was what you observed then I am very interested in what took place!

reply to post by kalenga

That's exactly my point in discussing this with ngchunter that it is 'subjective' to the people observing
All observations are 'subjective', there is no such thing as an objective observation.

and his view that night is different to ours!
I would bet that ngchunter has a far better understanding of astronomy than either you or I. It is of my opinion that his posts have been spot on in the past from what I have read.

ngchunter isn't the only one claiming that the Moon has been in the correct location over the last few days. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. I deal with the tides in my line of work and I haven't seen any big change there. If the Moon was off by an hour we all would hear about it. Off by four hours and it would be world news for sure. Rising from the West and all bets would be off! We most definitely would not be having this discussion right now, our concerns would be elsewhere.

This is what I think is happening. When we start paying attention to the motions of celestial objects we start to notice odd appearing things. This is actually common. The Moon seems to do strange things, appear in odd locations and look brighter or larger. The planet Venus looks brighter. Mars and Jupiter look odd as well and may appear in weird locations. These celestial objects are not acting weird, it is just that we are now noticing them for perhaps the first time.

Keep a close watch on the Moon from now on and you will begin to understand its observed motions and you will then see that there is nothing out of the ordinary happening here. Either that or "they" will come to hypnotize you, like they did to the rest of us, and you will become part of the big conspiracy.

edit on 1/29/2011 by Devino because: added quote tags

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi ngchunter,
Is that your video of Jupiter on You Tube (messierhunter)?

Very nice.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I am not on this website to spend my time arguiing. If I don't agree with a point or thread made on ATS, I just leave it as there is no point in arguing with someone who said they saw something when I am no where near where they live. I was not there and feel that is their personal experience so why should I argue with them to say they are talking rubbish?
People see UFO's everyday and they have no proof but their experiences are recorded and catalogued?
This is why a lot of old timers on ATS are leaving as there is a new breed of readers who just want to come on and argue.
If you are not in agreement then just don't read it or go onto something that leads to a positive outcome for you?
I can see the point in arguing against a mathmatical error, empirical readings or if the person is writing the thread to get a reaction, but I am not.
I just want to report this to see if others see anything extraordinary. I will not be answering anymore in this thread as it is just de-bunking the OP's thread and making anyone posting anything out of the ordinary obsolete!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I watch the skys every night, I have seen some weird things but nothing like this. The moon was 4hrs off. It rose at 2pm central Texas time. It all so came rose from the south west (more south then west). Its not supposed to rise in the south west. Its supposed to rise in the South east (more east then south). This has happened 2 days in a row.

I checked for moon rise & set times as viewed from Abilene Texas and that's close to the time and direction in which it sets on that date (2PM in the SW). It rose about 4AM.

Is it possible that the moon setting was mistaken for a moon rising?
Was it higher in the SW an hour later? (I hope not)

Fortunately these anomalies seem confined to the northern hemisphere so far

edit on 29/1/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

cheers for that info as i have no clue about moon stuff etc very interesting

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I don't mean to insult you and, believe it or not, I am interested in what you have to say.

Considering that this is the Space Exploration forum I am approaching this from a scientific perspective using empirical evidence and physical observations. If the Moon is out of place for you then it should be out of place for the rest of the world, correct? From what has been shown here there is no doubt that the OP is in error.

However, if you are claiming that this is an anomaly isolated to specific locations or individual people then this is no longer a Space Exploration topic. Perhaps it is a Philosophy and Metaphysics or ATS Skunk Works topic. I can follow your ideas in either direction but not without some help because right now you've lost me.

reply to post by kalenga

Going back to your first reply you asked, "What is causing this????"
I think ncghunter replied well and was seriously trying to help.

Originally posted by ngchunter
Check your location settings on stellarium, check the time zone setting, check to make sure that you're really seeing the true horizon, not an obstructed horizon, etc. If you do it right you'll find that the moon is not out of place at all.

Originally posted by kalenga
I will not be answering anymore in this thread as it is just de-bunking the OP's thread and making anyone posting anything out of the ordinary obsolete!!!

No debunking is going on here, just questions and a desire to understand your point of view.
I am sorry that you feel this way.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ok, I have been warned off alerting people about the truth, however I am not one to to take this lying down, I have made plans to take myself off the grid which today have come to fruition. I am therefore able to post this, in the knowledge that I shall remain in a position of relative security.

The earth is in the process of being relocated by the Andromedans. They are doing their best to make most things appear normal, manipulating our perception of the universe around us, however even their vast knowledge is imperfect and so we have these incidents with species that are noticiing the abnormalities. Even humans are noticing some errors in the system, for example the moon not appearing for many people, while others claim it is there as normal.

Our current perception and data regarding the sky and space around us is an illusion, a very advanced one which has been produced by Nasa and Adromedan Reptiles working together on top secret Iridium sattelite technology. The technology utilises a network of satellites and chemtrails to provide a visual illusion that is adequate for the vast majority of humans, however it is NOT and I repeat NOT designed to fool animals.

Birds and fish and other sensitive creatures are dying in the thousands because of the effects of this most amazing voyage. All of humanity is currently in life support mode, our atmosphere is being artificially enhanced and scientific observationary data is being manipulated on a scale never before witnessed.

Deep down, our human psyche knows that things are not normal, many people are experiencing a sense of being out of place, spinning and noticing the anomolies in our weather systems, the position and regularity of astral bodies.

The earth is currently in a holding pattern, imagine a large airplane waiting for the ok from Traffic control at an airport and you have the idea.
Unfortunately our own galaxy will very soon no longer be habitable, we should thank the Andromedans for their hard work. At some point soon it will be quite obvious we are now viewing the skies from an entirely new position within the universe.

The anticipated landing date for destination Earth Home is Dec 21 2012. On this date the veil shall be lifted, we will observe the skies once again and will see our new home, new suns and solar planets, and be at peace in the knowledge that no matter how difficult life can be for us humans, we will always have our Reptilian fathers here alongside us to guide and aid us in our times of need.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Moonbeast1111 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Here's a graphic showing how the orientation of the "lit part" of the appears to change as then night goes on. The arrow indicates the "top" of the moon at the time of moon rise.

The graphic is a bit over-simplified and exaggerated to make the point, but the concept is accurately shown. This is how the Moon would appear to move through the sky from the mid-latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e600c974ad2c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeast1111

this is a very interesting infio even though its really stretched to the "fringest" side. Maybe this has got something to do with the 13th Zodiac Sign? Just asking....

am a firm believer that we "humans" ain't the only ones...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Verry interesting, i live in australia so i will have to see if this i s happening here to, its either one of two things: The earth has actualy shifted poles like it has been said to and where on a different angle or something has happened to the moon to change its position on a cosmis scale.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Here's a graphic showing how the orientation of the "lit part" of the appears to change as then night goes on. The arrow indicates the "top" of the moon at the time of moon rise.

The graphic is a bit over-simplified and exaggerated to make the point, but the concept is accurately shown. This is how the Moon would appear to move through the sky from the mid-latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e600c974ad2c.jpg[/atsimg]

I can't edit my post anymore, but I wanted to clarify that this is completely normal, and the moon is doing anything strange.

And, OP, if the Moon was in the wrong place at the wrong time where you live, then it was in the wrong place at the wrong time for hundreds or thousands of amateur astronomers all over the world -- with a number of those amateur astronomers looking at the Moon every day. None of them seems to have noticed what you say you noticed (let alone the fishermen and other nautical people whose lives are connected to the tides).

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeast1111

You should open a thread on this knowledge and how this came to be? If you think out of the box, then the anomolies everyone is reporting on ATS, such as things don't feel right, odd sightings, animal deaths, civil unrest are all a contributing factor in what these beings might be doing?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its here!
I have plenty more to add to it and some collaborating evidence, but right now time is not on my side.
As far as motive for what is happening, from the information I have had access to, it does seem to be benevolent for the time being.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
For the last couple of months now people different places on the globe have stated that they have noticed "abnormal" behaviour from the moon. People have noticed it dissapearing all together, rising and setting in the incorrect place etc. However at the same time as other people have quite rightly pointed out from their perspective it is normal and there are no unusual behaviours.
This is the whole point, it is a subjective observation, and people really need to start asking, not why the moon is acting peculiar but why is it that only some people are observing it. The truth is out there, you just need to dig a bit deeper.

I have been thinking about this moon mess since it first started a couple of months ago. The moon has not changed it orbit or rise and set time and angles. That much is a fact because if it were so not only would EVERYONE notice but the Earth would notice as well. So what has changed? OK, now lets just say that the people are telling the truth about the moon changes, the truth as far as they know it that is. Now how can both they and everyone else both be right you ask. Time Slip? The people that are saying the moon has changed my be telling the truth at least for them. If they have slip from another time stream into this one that would explain it. I know it is far out idea to say the least but it is something to think about.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
'they' have been using a fake moon since the mid 90's.
where they put the real one, i dont know. but this is old news.
jeez

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In May 2010 (middle of the month aprox.) I looked to the West and saw the moon with the bottom lit like a smile, some call it the Cheshire cat moon. I asked a few folks to come outside and witness it and every single person in the group of eight agreed it was unusual, not one of us had ever seen this before. I phoned my wife at work and told her to have a look and she and several co workers agreed that this was highly unusual. The next day I asked the oldest man I know, a 78 year old farmer, if he noticed anything unusual with the moon and he said his wife pointed to the sky while they were driving and said it looked strange, he said he agreed and had never seen this before. My own eyes saw it and several others including a farmer in a rural area who has seen the moon many thousands of times saw it, it was NOT normal.
The next day I went online and searched for news of this event, every single moon phase graphic showed the moon lit on the left or right, NOT on the bottom. Knowing the importance of the moon to mariners I went to the US navy web site and sure enough they had current moon phase posted, the crescent was on the side, not the bottom. As my web search continued I noticed a pattern with virtually every link posting the exact same verbage from the exact same source saying it was normal and you just never noticed it before. Incidently this is the exact same pattern you see today when you research the unexplained mass deaths of fish and birds.
A few weeks ago I saw a thread posted that day concerning the unusual appearance of the moon, not sure of the exact date but the op was in Canada. Several others replied saying they noticed it too and of course several others said he was crazy. As I was reviewing the thread my daughter came home and the first thing she said was "the moon looks really weird tonight, I've never seen it like that before". This floored me because she simply doesn't show a lot of interest in anything above terra firma.
I honestly can't explain why it isn't in the news or on the front page of every astronomy web site, it certainly should be. I also can't explain why no moon phase graphic exists with the crescent anywhere but left or right of center. I can tell you I noticed something unusual, I can also tell you that I have on many occasions looked at the moon with telescopes and binoculars, this wasn't a case of "never really noticed" for me.
It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

The crescent moon appearing with the crescent pointing straight up or down is not a rare thing at all, it's simply a matter of the time and, more importantly, the latitude you're viewing it from. If you're observing it from a point between the 2 tropics you'll see it every month and the best times to see it are March & September if you're close to the equator, December if near the Tropic of Capricorn, June if near the Tropic of Cancer. Moving closer to the poles (higher latitudes) it goes from a common thing to something never seen.

Let me predict a good time to see this: Look skyward from the equator near the end of March (2 months from now) when the moon rises. In Darwin, far north Australia on March 30 2011 from about 2AM will be a perfect example of a cheshire type moon with a very bright Venus almost directly below it (rising some 70 minutes after the moon).

If there's anything abnormal going on in relation to the earth and moon's movements then my prediction will be way off because it's based on the projection of 'old' observations of planetary motion.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
the exact same thing as been happening to me

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join