It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real-life Robin Hood - This story will make you laugh, cry and cheer all at the same time.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What do you get when you cross Jesse James, Robin Hood, and Jack Bauer in the body of a giant, bearded, bald Greek man?

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet, Vassilis Paleokostas - The Greek Robin Hood. Here is his story:
The real-life Robin Hood

This guy gives stealing from the rich and giving to the poor a whole different meaning. I don't want to say much else because his story is that epic to read by yourself.

Enjoy as much as I did

MOD NOTE: please note that the link provided links to a site with explicit language

edit on 1/28/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD NOTE: added to note that link leads to site containing explicit language.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So few real characters in our world today.
I'll raise a toast to him, next time I have a drink.
S+F for providing something out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We could do with a few more characters like this.

S&F for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

this is awesome, my new hero

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Vassilis not only earned his freedom for the second time, and once again showed the world that his ballsack is roughly the size of a small continent, but he also got some sweet delicious revenge on the motherf***ers in charge of the Greek prison system at the same time

They need to make a movie about this guy. Or a TV show. Or a broadway musical.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
reply to post by Ghandi

Vassilis not only earned his freedom for the second time, and once again showed the world that his ballsack is roughly the size of a small continent, but he also got some sweet delicious revenge on the motherf***ers in charge of the Greek prison system at the same time

They need to make a movie about this guy. Or a TV show. Or a broadway musical.

I was gonna say someone should write a comic.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What an awesome story. Just as impressive is how organised he is and his ability to co ordinate loyal people to help him out time after time.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We should ask Mr. Mask to write a comic about this guy...

He is my new all-time REAL hero... besides The Green Lantern of course.

S&F OP.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sigh* Every woman's dream, a polite badass!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

That would work, too. As long as people learn about this guy. He puts Jack Bauer to SHAME!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The only reason i initially read the link was because i'm a fan of Robin Hood anyway. In particular the BBC portrayal in their series and the russel crow version. So glad i took time to read it! Bloody genius or what?
Brilliant stuff. Hope the dude stays at large! Good luck to him!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

I'm not sure Im totally on board with what this guy does - but "SNIP" - that story put a HUGE smile on my face!

Thanks for sharing!!

edit on 1/28/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to delete attempt to circumvent censors.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Awesome...a real life super hero in a way.

Thanks for the post, I am a big fan of that website as well, there are some awesome storys in there.

S&F!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That was amazing!!!!!!!! This would make an awesome movie or book!!!! Is this story true? I mean...WOW! Talk about luck!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why am I getting the feeling this isn't your typical factual, objective, well researched article??

Maybe it's the use of the word "SNIP" every other sentence that has me questioning the writer's professionalism ......

Anyway, you people do realize that even Robin Hood, no matter how "good" his intentions were, was a crook, right?? Putting yourself above the law is wrong from any angle. That the people you rob probably got their money because they ignored the law, doesn't mean it can be taken away from them by ignoring the law!!! Two wrongs do not make a right, right??

Hero?? No.....heroes have to take ethics into account, this criminal does not.

Peace
edit on 1/28/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to delete attempt to circumvent censors.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Though this guy's actions does not represent all that I believe, at least he is doing something out there for the better; Not the whole economic thing like some of you armchair critics like to see, but at least he put food on table for families. And thats earn my respect because I do not have the gut to do what he does.
Please dont flame me....it'll be a waste of your time....because I am simply through with argument on who are right or who are wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Dear Ghandi

Just as a matter of note, the English Robin hood of nearly a 1,000 years ago was with out doubt a terrorist.

In this time line no less than three county councils are trying to claim him for there own.

So the moral to the story is this, history and Hollywood will be the judge or right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the coolest part make giddy how a second big azz helicopter arives and shur as sun rises he leaves again

very inspiering! lol

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

It's stories like these that give me hope. I want to get this guy's balls tattooed on my body but I don't think their is enough space, maybe if we got 4-5 people we could get the job done

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I know this story well, warms the cockles. However, the writer does tend to be a little biased - I mean how can you class kidnap, armed robbery and shoot outs with the police non violent crimes??

Another note is that now the majority of prisons in Greece are covered in nets to prevent any random helicopters from landing and liberating!

Nice read non the less, thanks

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join