It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real-life Robin Hood - This story will make you laugh, cry and cheer all at the same time.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
If I had more food than I needed to survive, and people around me were going hungry, especially if any of it went to waste, then I would deserve it for being a cold selfish "B."

Your profile says you are from California, right? Believe me you are not going hungry like this kid is.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30b232215126.jpg[/atsimg]

So next paycheck, buy yourself a month supply of crackers and leave all the other stuff on the store shelf. The money you save can be donated to a program that feeds the starving......

It's all relative and a matter of perspective.....

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I think you missed the 'if' in his statement

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi

You representing calstorm now??

No I didn't miss the "if".....he's from California USA!!! By default he has more than the kid in the picture!!! So does every other person on this site. Beg to differ???

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Your moral high ground is a sandhill .

.... and the wind is picking up !

Proverbs 28:6
Better the poor whose walk is blameless than the rich whose ways are perverse.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have seen this thread since the beginning, and did not want to bring up certain points due to it being an inspirational story for so many. Robin Hood is associated with the 72 Goetia Spirits. He was know as a "devil" and he was associated with bad things.

Many people were killed in his name.. for his "name", there is a good and a bad part of this story.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Did I say I was going hungry? What makes you think my location has anything to do with whether or not I am with out food? Yes I live in Ca. and yes there was I time I knew what real hunger was like. Not to that extreme but gut wrenching painful hunger non the less, just like thousands of others living in California. I may not have the means to help that particular child or other children far from where I live, but do what I can in my local community because I know whats its like. You clearly have never been to Ca.

Unfortunately we live in a world (and I am starting to think you are one of them) where people who can make a significant difference, waste their money on ridicules things like designer labels, all they while trying to justify themselves for not doing more to help others.

Note: I really hope i am wrong about my uninformed accusation about you, but I did it to prove a point about your uninformed actuation about me and my location.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Ghandi

You representing calstorm now??

No I didn't miss the "if".....he's from California USA!!! By default he has more than the kid in the picture!!! So does every other person on this site. Beg to differ???

Peace

Once again, how do you know that every other person on this site has more than that kid? I have seen people on here who have admitted to being homeless and posting while at their local library.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

Your moral high ground is a sandhill .

.... and the wind is picking up !

Proverbs 28:6
Better the poor whose walk is blameless than the rich whose ways are perverse.

Yeah great, let's bring in the bible....

In your little proverb there, "rich" is kinda relative wouldn't you say?? I know what "rich" is from the perceptive of that starving kid. I know what rich is from our perspective and I know what rich is from the perspective of somebody how has a lot of money......now which perspective are we gonna use??

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
LOL Awesome story. Right out of the movies... I wonder what would happen if they refused to pay the ransoms he asked for, if he would remain non-violent towards the victiim?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Once again, how do you know that every other person on this site has more than that kid? I have seen people on here who have admitted to being homeless and posting while at their local library.

Priority......if you are posting on this site than your main concern can not be survival. Take a long hard look at that picture and tell me that kid has any concern in catching up on world events........

seriously??

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Your missing the point entirely.

Lets go back and take a look at what I said.

If I had more food than I needed to survive, and people around me were going hungry, especially if any of it went to waste, then I would deserve it for being a cold selfish "B."

Now lets take a look at your response.

Your profile says you are from California, right? Believe me you are not going hungry like this kid is.....

Who said I was going hungry? I said if I had more food than I needed to survive.
But you are right kids in that position, let alone any kid that age is probably not going to have any interest in whats going on in the world. but to a starving adult in Ca. who has no where else to go because he has been hassled of the street or out of the park, maxed out his 30 day stay at the homeless shelter and exceed his limit at the local food bank for the month, and is trying to hold on to his last shred of sanity just might.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Stealing from anyone is wrong. In my book anyway, no matter how you rationalize it or how you "share" the take or perceive who the real bad guys are. But maybe the positive karma pellets will outweigh the negative ones for him.
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Look at it this way ,
The ass in the air is the law ,
being held aloft by the fat cats in the cart(economy) .
(politicians , mafioso , bankers )
If they lose a bit of weight(giant balls punching above their weight) ,
the ass falls onto the kid eating dirt(Greek hero) .

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b0e1d9b6b69.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f70cc49d83d6.jpg[/atsimg]

and here's a photo of one of the cats in the cart ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ace66bfbed53.jpg[/atsimg]

... now this guy , or someone JUST like him , has that kid permanently hungry .
... by using his power and greed to keep the little guy down .

Long live Greek Robin Hood !

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Did I say I was going hungry? What makes you think my location has anything to do with whether or not I am with out food?

Everything!! Unless I missed something and famine has struck the great USofA. If you live in western civilisation you will not die from hunger unless it is out of free choice (hunger-strike etc...)

Yes I live in Ca. and yes there was I time I knew what real hunger was like. Not to that extreme but gut wrenching painful hunger non the less, just like thousands of others living in California. I may not have the means to help that particular child or other children far from where I live, but do what I can in my local community because I know whats its like. You clearly have never been to Ca.

I think you are confusing hunger with appetite unless of course you are talking about going several weeks without any food resulting in bone or joint pain, weak muscles, bloated abdomen and swelling in other parts of the body.Changes in the skin and hair, brittle and spooned nails, dry, scaly skin, hair loss.!!.....

If you had that I take back what I said!!

Unfortunately we live in a world (and I am starting to think you are one of them) where people who can make a significant difference, waste their money on ridicules things like designer labels, all they while trying to justify themselves for not doing more to help others.

I have a (relatively) nice income. Funny thing is though, at the end of the month this is gone, spend on obligations I have committed myself to based on the pay I get. I am guessing this is the case for most people. We have a tendency to live by what we make......so somebody coming along and claiming that income because they feel I have more would have a considerable impact on my obligations.

Note: I really hope i am wrong about my uninformed accusation about you, but I did it to prove a point about your uninformed actuation about me and my location.

If you consider paying mortgage, gas, light, water, insurance, medical bills etc as ridiculous things.....than yes, I am guilty. But on that merit, I could have chosen a smaller house, a smaller car, less kids etc.... It's just that I didn't.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What an awesome story, quite a lot of foul language, but it added to the humour.

By the way, did you know that it is now believed that Robin Hood was actually a Yorkshireman and was supposed to have been a bit of a nasty bugger, and yes he robbed from the rich, but the poor didn't see squat,or they did, but there was a nasty catch...something like that.

I hand you over to my good friend Edmund Blackadder................

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I have told bits and pieces of my story on ATS before and don't feel like repeating it here because I don't want to derail this thread any farther. So look for a U2U. Apologies to Ghandi.
I see this guy as a hero you don't. I guess different life experiences play a role in that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

Look at it this way ,
The ass in the air is the law ,
being held aloft by the fat cats in the cart(economy) .
(politicians , mafioso , bankers )
If they lose a bit of weight(giant balls punching above their weight) ,
the ass falls onto the kid eating dirt(Greek hero) .

I am really struggling with your metaphor.......

You have taken the leap from "rich" people to "powerful" people. Agreed that most powerful and influential people are rich but that doesn't necessarily mean "rich" people are powerful and influential. You see, "rich" is relative. It needs to be compared to something in order to conclude that one is "rich".

I'll bet you anything that compared to the starving kid, all of us are relatively "rich"!! Is the kid now justified to hold a large part of the western world hostage??

Long live Greek Robin Hood !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/961101f1ce52.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah go Robin go!!!

Peace
edit on 28-1-2011 by operation mindcrime because: grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a giant set of ballz hanging from a helicopter

Oh, it's Vassilis Paleokostas!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wow...This guy is something.

I have been following this thread from the start. Folks have been debating weather or not this guy is doing good or bad.

IMHO it is a grey area. Yes steeling is bad and against the law. However, it is not like this guy is stealing from lots of people just to become rich himself. He steals and then give to the poor or less fortunate than him self. The people he steals from also probably have insurance that will cover the lose anyway; so is he stealing from rich people or insurance companies?

Also, all the claims about rich and poor in America are invalid because this guy lives in Greece.

PS: A pirate is a person that takes money/riches for personal gain, not to give to others less fortunate.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Topsy_Cret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
man... web site is blocked.

i wanna read the story

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join