It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug tests: Good or bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
People receiving unemployment checks shouldn't be drug tested, unless CEO's get tested before receiving their whopping fat unearned bonuses !!! Funny how regulations seem to affect the lower economic levels more than the top levels.

Recieving unemployment is a form of government assistance and the when you ask for it you should espect to meet their conditions to draw it. Not that hard to understand; you want something obey the rules - if not no check. I'm cool with that.
edit on 27/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

I dont agree with this. I believe once youve worked and paid into the unemployment pool, you should be able to collect. If you EARNED something, you EARNED it period.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As I know of no company that would hire you if you test positive for illegal drugs, I think the sponge(oral) tests should be administered, it shows that you are willing to work. I would not hire anyone under the influence of drugs.

I am probably going to get flames over this, but I think drug testing should be used in the welfare system too.

Secure

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
isnt my pee my personal property? i mean it comes from my body, its my pee. what gives anyone the right to go through it?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zosimos
isnt my pee my personal property? i mean it comes from my body, its my pee. what gives anyone the right to go through it?

No one has the right; however, neither do you have the right to employment or to unemployment compensation unless you meet the regulatory requirements set forth by the state. (It is not currently the rule as I understand it but the point of the discussion.)

Sorry, life is unfair there are rules for any exchange.

You can hold your pee as long as you want and keep it all for yourself but I think you will find in the long run it’s not worth as much as money is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
This in my opinion is completely absurd! Once you work for a company for a certain ammount of time you EARN the right to recieve YOUR unemployment. In my opinion this is totally different than having to take a drugtest to recieve welfare. Am I wrong in that thinking?

Unemployment isn't a -right- it's a privilege you get as a citizen...and a much abused privilege at that. Back in the day there was no unemployment...or workers compensation..or welfare. Because the people knew that if they voted for lawmakers to pass these things that they the taxpayer would have to be the ones to pay for them.

Also it should be up to the company to decide if they want to drug test their employees, not the government.
edit on 27-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zosimos

What are you gunna do with your own pee.........................drink it?

And I wonder what they do with the pee after they test it...

Sell to bear grylls?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I am not sure you understand what unemployment is. It is "insurance" that gets taken out of you payroll check, not free money like welfare. Even welfare is not always free money. Sometimes # happens, and people that have been working for a long time get laid off, or injured or whatever. They have earned it, unlike the 18 year old single mothers that pop a baby out and collect for never doing nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Okay that makes sense. But it's still government controlled right... So doesn't that mean it's basically a tax for those who don't use it?

I think the government should be more concerned with social security than unemployment. As they keep extending unemployment were losing our social security. By the time I get to 65 or whatever it'll be gone.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You may have forgotten that we bailed out a lot of banks and GM...they were paid from the future pockets of all of us.....bbbbuuuuzzzzz back at ya!! Anyway you're missing my point , maybe I didn't express it clearly....it's always the little guy who has to jump thru all the hoops...Look at the vets, they serve their country and become an unwanted government expense. Look at the seniors ,who paid in all their life into Social Security and the government won't even give a cost of living allowance on their benefits, because the money they paid in was stolen and misused!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

So say that Joe Blow smoke a doobie every weekend. Your company hours are 9-5 m-f. How does what he does with his private time compromise your company?

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have an uncle that is the clinical director of an alcohol rehab, he thinks every one should be drug tested. We don't have any rights anymore. I think all members of congress should be drug tested. Myself, I haven't been drug tested in over ten years. I don't work for people that want to run every aspect of my life. As a matter of fact, all they care about, is what I do on the job site. They could care less what I do at home on my own time. I'm very fortunate in that respect. People don't trust anymore. Really sad what our society has come to.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I believe its something you EARNED by paying into it by actually having a job to begin with. Welfare... not so much. If you work your ass off and pay into something ever week and then are told you cant use it because of a technicality it is one of the most dirtiest things i can think of. Silly actually.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

You just gotta love suckleing the teet of the great nanny state that we live in.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Interesting topic. My autistic Roomate actually just got into conspiracy and this is one of his big topics right now.

It really goes both ways.

I feel mandatory drugtests from the govt is obscure.

Then again, i feel like drugtests in general, are a violation of rights. Its not you have a choice to do drugs, you HAVE to not do drugs.

But i also think of the employers. Its their business, they have the right to drug test the people they hire.

It really goes both ways.

Some guy might smoke dope all day and be the best employee ever.

Then again some guy might be a coke addict and the worse employee ever.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Kind of like people that paid into health insurance for years, and are told that they will not cover the medical treatment they need.... Insurance is a damned sham, all of it. I want all the money I paid into them back

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Employers do not have the right to test their employers. We are people, not job titles, and what we do on our own time is not any employer's business. I feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to buy into that, and work for some jerkoff control freak.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Social Security should be done away with. If we were allowed to keep all of our money then we wouldn't need a gov plan when we retire, we could save it ourselves and plan our retirement however we want. Instead we'll be relying on suits to approve when and how much we can have.

ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!

Drug testing for unemployent ain't right IMHO, though it is paid by insurance that your job has so I guess technically they can require it. But I believe before your hired you should have to sign something saying you agree to this, instead of it being a surprise.

For welfare, the first cycle should be given without testing if you qualify for it. After that, for extended use of the welfare system, then yes drug testing should occur. Drug use isn't necassary for survival so I don't think the you should be helped with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hmmm is that legally or morally? I feel if someone starts a company, they own the rights to it, thus making the rules. Its like if i owned an IT company, i would require that you atleast have skills in IT, such as networking, cabling, basic computer knowledge. If you don't then there is no reason to hire you. I would feel if i didn't want any potheads in my work, i would test them to make sure, or at least they cared enough to stay clean the first test.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

You started off great, obviously job skills needed have an impact on the job. Smoking a joint on time off has zero to do with someone's ability to do the job. Anyway, I think we got a bit offtopic kind of though. Sorry for the side tangent OP.
edit on Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:46:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

So say that Joe Blow smoke a doobie every weekend. Your company hours are 9-5 m-f. How does what he does with his private time compromise your company?

MOTF!

Joe Blow smokes a dubie, then goes to work on Monday and damages the Warehouse with a forklift. Joe blow is given a drug test and fails, the companies insurance doesn't accept the claim because the employee was using an illegal substance which may have cause the accident, the company has to pay $15,000 to fix a damaged control cabinet and damaged swing lift.

Now this actually happened the Joe Blow of the scenario being my 23 year old cousin.

Secure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join