It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind Enemy Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, here we go. Hello all. I look forward to contributing to many of your discussions. I am currently in the military and have had two combat deployments to Iraq. For privacy reasons I will not divulge my position or rank, but just so you know it is a relitavely mundane one. No I don't work on top secret stuff or anything I am merely an average Joe. I have been serving for over 8 years and by the time this term is finished it will be 10. That is a lot of military experience and knowledge that I can use to give insight to several of the forums here. I look forward to bringing that point of view to related topics and discussions.
The forums and subjects I am most interested in are: Aliens and UFOs, US Political Madness, New World Order, Breaking Alternative News, Global Meltdown, Ancient & Lost Civilizations, Survival, and many others. I am impressed at the number of intelligent people who contribute here and I can see ATS becoming part of my daily routine. It is important to me to connect with like minded people and I am thankful to have found a place where I can do that.
Over the past couple of years I have come to some conclusions that are causing me to rethink the nature of my military service. I used to believe that I was doing an honorable thing by serving my country. Now after several years of following what is going on in the world and "waking up" I am starting to believe that I am playing for the wrong team. I am happy to say that I will not be continuing my service after this term because I truly feel like I am caught behind enemy lines right now. It truly has been a great moral dillema for me.
At any rate thanks for reading my very first post and I look forward to your replies.

edit on 1/27/2011 by LastStand because: Additions

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Hi LastStand, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Good introduction.

Welcome to ATS !

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey, you have come to a good place to help wake up. There is still many different options around on a lot of topics and the discussion is good to help with some ideas about how to take it. I can understand what you mean with the daily routine as it is a good news source from all over the place. Hope it helps and take care.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome. Over the past day I have read some really great stuff. This community is rather unique and it will be a rewarding challenge to participate here. Keep up the good work ATS. Your moderators are on the ball and the administrators are doing a great job. This truly is what I have been looking for.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Glad to have you...sounds like you can offer a great perspective on things. I'm curious how you found the Iraqi citizens to be. I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for a couple years (though an American), but it was in the 80's, before all this went down.

I personally found most of the folks to be everyday people, with only a few whackos...hope you found the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Overall the Iraqi people were very nice especially in the south. I never had any issues with the everyday honest folks over there. Honestly, if we could get past this whole war on terror thing I would love to go back and just visit.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, here it is. The infamous 20th post that will allow me to start my own threads. I have averaged about a post a day. I am the kind of person who only replies and posts when I have a contribution to make. I draw most of my opinions from my background and experience which I reference in most of my posts. I don't have a lot of time to research the internet looking for things to create threads about. I have a couple of ideas for threads but I do not feel comfortable just putting them out there without doing my due dilligence and creating something substantive. I will begin working on it and I hope to have something ready by the end of the month. Actually I have a long weekend coming up so I might have it ready sooner. At any rate I look forward to creating a thread, but not before it is time. Thank you all for your stars and replies to the few posts and replies I have made so far.

new topics

top topics

join