It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes, best thing that could happen USA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ONLY reason Europe and Japan are so pacified is because of U.S. dominance. Pre U.S. dominance-1945 and before: WW2, WW1, and countless other wars. Post U.S. dominance-1945 and beyond: WW?, wait a minute, there have been no world wars. in fact Neither Europe or Japan has been involed in a major war(you know, the kind that drags the whole world into it) since the end of WW2 and the birth of U.S. dominance. The U.S. does the worlds dirty work of fighting, so that it won't be left in the hands of people(again, Europe and Japan) who are well known for taking things to far.

It is unbelievable that the very people who have spent the last 60 years in relative peace solely BECAUSE of U.S. dominance, love to turn around and call us evil. It reminds me of Zeds' line in Men in Black, "You sorry little ingrates!!!"
If it wasn't for the U.S. standing over the world with a big stick, Europe would have destroyed itself, and there would be no China because Japan would have eaten it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My god, this is still going. Well Sickboy, you got what you wanted I guess.

Too Bad The dropping of a nuclear device on any country is bad. There is no way it could be beneficial . Just don't knock on our door the next time someone decided to drop a bonb in your own backyard.

Better yet, There is a large Muslim/Arab Popualtion in your area of the World who would love to hear your pathetic ramblings. go join hang out at the local mosque so they can ship you to some remote mountain and then hopefully, one day, we, here in the good ol USA, can feed you some Tomahawk for breakfast.

note-and please post something else for us not to analyse, but find humor in...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They wont listen nor will they ever listen as they have been brainwashed into thinking their great country is the most advanced in the world, they have this mighty hard-on for war, which if have gone to prove, if it is in anyway suggested that the war should be the other way around and the USA should be nuked, war is then a bad thing, the worst thing that could come about.

Ooh and did I mention that the USA is still the only nation to use nukes in anger and kill 1000�s of innocent lives. Yet the thought of it on American Soil for the reason of stopping a war, (like they did with Japan) is the worst thing that could occur.

Everyone knows that most American people are ignorant and unintelligent (it�s a much talked about topic within the UK and Ireland) really it is, we don�t look down on you, but, we are not laughing with you, I can assure you of that. You have just to look at your current president (leader) to see how your country is run.

Now I have talked with intelligent Americans in my time, but even they do not come up to power with me or any of my Irish, Scottish or English mates (sorry but that�s a fact)

For one to want peace, one has got to show peace ( and how could I want it if I am talking about dropping a nuke on the USA) I have seen real war on my streets and I have seen an end to it as well, and I know what can happen when people take control of their country, as we did here in Northern Ireland and made it better.

The USA can do the same, if it is done the right way.

An over spoiled, greedy nation, full of hypocrisy is and was my main point, which was played off rather well in light of a well pointed out double standard, and taken to the edge with a �what�s good for one� scenario, which most of you overlooked for the good of your own. In light of events and discussion such as � I have ignored sickboy� that is your right as the ATS forum gives you, but how weak a right it is and to exercise it in such a public way and says a lot about events, you and your nation.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
America and many Americans seem to think and behave like a bull in a china shop. It's ok to go into a country and kill 10s of thousands of Iraqis, then tell the world "Oops, it was just bad intelligence". Try NO INTELLIGENCE. The stuff they were using at the CIA was years old data. And so many Americans don't feel bad or regretful over what has been done in a foreign nation. There is such a disconnect between the horror that war is, death, blood, guts, murder, destruction and devastation. All we get on TV is some sanitized politically correct view of the war. Im an adult, I would like to see all the facts, bloody or not. America is sleep walking. Staggering around like some drunk, high on being the bully on the planet. Whether we are or stay the world's super power, how about some humility. Isn't that what many religions teach? The Universe is infinite for all practical purposes, if you have the balls you can face that fact and quit huffing and puffing about our microscopic iota powers. In the Universe there is ALWAYS something bigger than you. In Afghanistan war crimes of US troops standing by and watching while POWs were murdered("Afghan Massacre:Convoy of Death"). You never saw it because the US media doesn't want to upset the establishment.

The incestuous nature of big corporations and government is VERY dangerous. They are happy letting America slip into a police state. And too many Americans seem to think that is ok too. The question is: "Is that the world and society you want for your children and grandchildren?" A polluted world full of corruption and enforced through fear and terror? What will future generations think of us when they look back? Will they spit and dance with hate on our graves? I don't even mind if they take us for granted somewhat. I hope they will look back and say we were people who looked to the future with the best foresight we could manage and kept the world a livable place. We only have one Earth, if we screw this one up there is NO replacement.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
It's called Mutual Assured Destruction for a reason. If we go, everybody else goes. That may not be fair or morally right, but that is the way that it is. I'd rethink your plan. Whoever would nuke us would be sending one to the UK too.

an russia and france and isreal and possibly other european nations

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
ShadowXIX , Well Put !!!!!!

Economic sanctions against Japan had failed. These measures only succeeded in hardening the attitudes of Japan's militarists, and increasing their determination to attack the United States. The Japanese Prime Minister, Prince Fumimaro Konoye, hoped to avoid war and reach an agreement with the United States that would acknowledge Japan's predominance in East Asia. However, the militarists wanted war not a diplomatic settlement, and on 17 October 1941, they forced the replacement of Prince Konoye with a hard-line militarist, General Hideki Tojo.

eddie999

The USS Ward sank a midget submarine Dec 7, only a few hours before the attack, as they tried to enter the harbor. Not an on going thing as you make it sound.

The second bomb had nothing to do with Russia. It was dropped because they were asked to surrender on Aug 7 and they refused, hence the second bomb. Though these terrible events failed to induce the military leaders to concede defeat, their resistance was overcome by the emperor who pushed for acceptance of the surrender terms, since amended to leave some hope for retention of the imperial system in a democratic Japan.

It is estimated that 1 million lives would have been lost had the US not drop the bombs and instead invaded the mainland.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi Everyone.

As a nation, we are a progressing society focusing towards goals of peace and domestic tranquility, as assured by the United States Constitution. I do not believe that having nuclear weapons is a benefit at all. I believe it increases tensions and it is used as a tool for intimidation. We are constantly blaming other nations for obtaining weapons of mass destruction, yet we currently have 26,000 nuclear weapons. What happened to social progress towards peace and domestic tranquility? Are we asking for more warfare?

I say "no nukes are good nukes". We invest much money in "weapon development" programs, when money that is being used for those military expenditures and nuclear weapons can be used for economical development, education, environmental protection, welfare, healthcare, and all other important and essential things a nations needs to achieve and maintain peace.

Anyways, what happened to the non-proliferation session of the United Nations General Assembly plan on July 1 1968 to hinder the creation and obtainment of nuclear weapons programs between the United States, the United Kingdom, USSR, and fifty other countries. Is international law important these days? I guess not.

Trillions of dollars!! According to a recent U.S. Nuclear Weapons Study Report, a good 5.5 trillion dollars were spent on the testing of nuclear weapons in secluded areas such as that of the Galapagos Islands. We are exploiting the land where animals live...polluting the atmosphere...what happened to care for the Earth?

Recent studies and declassified documents cite safety and environmental problems that have long been ignored by the self-policing nuclear weapon development centers...

Nuclear weapons are nothing but trouble!
Why do we have them? A fear! We fear, as a paranoid nation, that a country would abruptly invade us. How can we progress and move forward with this fear hindering our cultural evolution?

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hate nuclear weapons, but the pandoras box is open. We can sign 10,000 treaties, but that in no way puts the knowledge back in the box. How safe would you feel if we disarmed? Every country on the planet could agree to disarm and really do it, then just one tiny organization or group that didn't would rule the world.

Explain to me how we can disarm, I'm all ears.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarian1
As a nation, we are a progressing society focusing towards goals of peace and domestic tranquility, as assured by the United States Constitution. I do not believe that having nuclear weapons is a benefit at all. I believe it increases tensions and it is used as a tool for intimidation. We are constantly blaming other nations for obtaining weapons of mass destruction...

The US has to have nuclear weapons to defend itself, especially with its position in the world as "policeman" and "mediator" (whether we like it or not)... I wish more than anybody that there were no nuclear weapons on Earth at all; but, as another poster said, in 1945 the pandora's box was opened and could not be shut.

It's not so much the nuclear weapons themselves, but who has them. There are five countries that 'legally' have nuclear weapons, according to the UN (for what that's worth) --

United States
United Kingdom
France
Russia
China

-- and the US knows and respects this. However, there are other countries who also have nuclear weapons now, which are not as stable (and, even worse, doesn't care about M.A.D.) as the above countries --

India
Pakistan
Israel
Iraq?
Iran?
North Korea?

-- notice that all but two are Arab countries. You know, the same Arab countries that foster the type of fundamental Islam that has no problem with killing one's self, as long as the enemy dies with them? The Arab world has in no uncertain terms displayed a desire to destroy Israel, India, China, Russia, the UK, and the US; they're basically at war with everyone else on Earth right now (the US just happens to be their favorite long-term target, and Israel their favorite short-term target). Some countries (like Saudi Arabia) are beginning to realize that this religious fanaticism will eventually eat them alive from the inside out, as well as hurting we here in the non-Arab world...

...and then we've got North Korea. All Communist governments are paranoid schitzophrenics by nature, but at least China is large enough to feel safe in its own borders and defense. North Korea, on the other hand, acts like a cornered animal. This makes them almost as dangerous.

So, the big issue is who has the nuclear weapons. To put an individual analogy to the situation: No one wants civilians to have grenade launchers, but let's say people (with the right money and hardware) suddenly start learning to home-make grenade launchers. Now, at this point, who would you rather have a grenade launcher -- a law-abiding citizen, a criminal, or a psychopath?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
They are a total dishonour on the very word human "nukes", and the fact that this thread has turned the way it has, is a very well made point, from the fascinate words of such passion about how it took two bombs to stop the war with Japan, would it then take two to stop the USA. From the very real and grotesque words by myself that one should be dropped on (certain parts) of the States. It does indeed bring about a want and a need for people to stand up and change their minds about the needless killing that this superpower is engrossed with at this time, in what will undoubtedly go down as the bloodiest time in our history, as much as I would like to be wrong, the unbridled passion of some people in the middle east will take over, when such events as small as raiding someone home, or taking into US custody a father or son who has done no wrong (or even shooting into a car and then running it over in a tank) The young of Iraq are watching all these life changing events unfold before their eyes, and so is born a new and very young hatred for an Army and people that live 1000�s of miles away in a place they call America.

The very thought of a nuclear device dropped on the USA makes me sick and I would never like to see such a thing, but a point had to be made on the understanding that your nation did this on someone else to �stop a war� when in fact the same very nation dragged the other side into that war. I used to think to myself, that if life and everyone in it were simple and of simple minds would we have half the pain and war we see today, and the only answer in light of events being played out before us at this time is yes, for the fact is, it is a very simple nation, its leader and its people that are the real aggressors, and the sooner this nation is stopped dead, the better it shall be for us all.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sickboy, an offer of peace, an invitation to dialogue, and you poke fun at me? alluding to the fact I may be homosexual? Wow, certain proof of euro manhood there, and was that not ego run amok I read when you so smugly indicated the vastly superior intelligence of you and your eurofriends over any person residing in the USA?

And this....."It does indeed bring about a want and a need for people to stand up and change their minds about the needless killing that this superpower is engrossed with at this time, in what will undoubtedly go down as the bloodiest time in our history" have you not seen the Iraqi Government, yes, Iraqi's themselves, criticicize the insurgent, most recently vow to crush them??? And the laughable assertion that this is the bloodiest time in history, my suggestion is you do some research into that matter. I think the Euro's stricken with a case of self delusion.

And this....."maybe if a few missile nations got together and fired their load at the States, took out the Government and all its hawks first (seen how that went) killed off a few other people (just to make it look good) there could be a turn around in the thoughts and mind of the American people" leads now to this....."The very thought of a nuclear device dropped on the USA makes me sick"......Seriously my friend, what is an "evil, bloodthirsty, american" to think of all this?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Sickboy, an offer of peace, an invitation to dialogue, and you poke fun at me? alluding to the fact I may be homosexual? Wow, certain proof of euro manhood there, and was that not ego run amok I read when you so smugly indicated the vastly superior intelligence of you and your eurofriends over any person residing in the USA?

And this....."It does indeed bring about a want and a need for people to stand up and change their minds about the needless killing that this superpower is engrossed with at this time, in what will undoubtedly go down as the bloodiest time in our history" have you not seen the Iraqi Government, yes, Iraqi's themselves, criticicize the insurgent, most recently vow to crush them??? And the laughable assertion that this is the bloodiest time in history, my suggestion is you do some research into that matter. I think the Euro's stricken with a case of self delusion.

And this....."maybe if a few missile nations got together and fired their load at the States, took out the Government and all its hawks first (seen how that went) killed off a few other people (just to make it look good) there could be a turn around in the thoughts and mind of the American people" leads now to this....."The very thought of a nuclear device dropped on the USA makes me sick"......Seriously my friend, what is an "evil, bloodthirsty, american" to think of all this?

"Sickboy, an offer of peace, an invitation to dialogue, and you poke fun at me? Alluding to the fact I may be homosexual? Wow, certain proof of euro manhood there, and was that not ego run amok I read when you so smugly indicated the vastly superior intelligence of you and your Euro friends over any person residing in the USA?"

As many have poked fun and seen the need for altering my user name including you with the timely remark �sicko boy� I do find it hard to receive an offer of peace from such a cloak, as I walk my friend, I walk with eyes behind, for in this day and age it is the only way.

Ego run amok, most definitely the case, as I realise that one needs to rise above the antagonist in such a way that one seems to come out on top, after all is it not the case Sir, that the only way to defeat ones adversary, is to know ones enemy.

�have you not seen the Iraqi Government, yes, Iraqi's themselves, criticicize the insurgent, most recently vow to crush them??? And the laughable assertion that this is the bloodiest time in history, my suggestion is you do some research into that matter. I think the Euro's stricken with a case of self delusion.�

I beg of you Sir, would this not be the same Iraqi Government that America has unjustifiably put in place, for we see in many other situations, sending the Army in to investigate an Army crime, rather defeats the purpose of investigation, as bias might then ensue.

you so eloquently got it in one, Its designed to do just that, make an evil, bloodthirsty, America think.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Sickboy, don't you have Welsh mates?

I don't agree with a lot of the stuff you've said, and after all the business with the IRA i thought you'd have a different attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join