It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes, best thing that could happen USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Obviously you are not familiar with the Nuclear Arsenal of the United States.
Any sign of inbound missiles and it would be lights out permanently for the nations responsible. We have enough Nuclear Arsenal to destroy the world 10 times over. We would instead teach a grave lesson to the foolish goverments who bid us harm, for it is they who would suffer the most lost.

Any one with half a brain would know it would be futile to try and use nuclear weapons against us. They would gain nothing and loose everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So your Irish ,Sickboy? Maybe England should nuke Ireland? probably calm those IRA guys down, wouldn't it?

As for the U.S. nuking Japan, if we hadn't, we would probably still be fighting them. Don't believe me? The fact that it took TWO nukes to get them to surrender should tell you something. After the first bomb, they still wanted to keep fighting. Dropping the bomb on Japan saved more lives than it ended. I can't believe people want to paint the U.S. as evil for using atomic weapons on Japan 60 years after the fact. It's just ignorant. If you had been alive in 1945, you would have been cheering yourself silly the day the sky lit up over Hiroshima. Most people just wanted the war(that we wanted no part of) to be over with. Japan got what it deserved for attacking Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
I know what your going to say about this, he’s just sick and wants another war, no that’s not the case, have you ever thought about it this way, that maybe if a few missile nations got together and fired their load at the States, took out the Government and all its hawks first (seen how that went) killed off a few other people (just to make it look good) there could be a turn around in the thoughts and mind of the American people, well it seemed to chill Japan out for some years, so why not?

America would try and fire back AaaaaaH! But wait!, what IF there was some insiders (like there was in 9/11) and they made it so that there was a coordinated effort to stop a response from the USA on the day of the great clean out. It might go down in history as the best thing that ever happened the world. I for one think it’s a great idea.

first we WOULD respond as soon as we saw that many missles in the sky, you cant simply "stop" our response the way our nuclear forces are operated, it would be a very bad idea, america has no interest in attacking everyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Patriot
So your Irish ,Sickboy? Maybe England should nuke Ireland? probably calm those IRA guys down, wouldn't it?

As for the U.S. nuking Japan, if we hadn't, we would probably still be fighting them. Don't believe me? The fact that it took TWO nukes to get them to surrender should tell you something. After the first bomb, they still wanted to keep fighting. Dropping the bomb on Japan saved more lives than it ended. I can't believe people want to paint the U.S. as evil for using atomic weapons on Japan 60 years after the fact. It's just ignorant. If you had been alive in 1945, you would have been cheering yourself silly the day the sky lit up over Hiroshima. Most people just wanted the war(that we wanted no part of) to be over with. Japan got what it deserved for attacking Pearl Harbor.

I agree about japan even after both atomic bombs there was a attempt of a coup by the military that wanted to keep fighting. There was a downed american pilot in japan after the first bomb was drop that was severly questioned about the atomic bomb by the japanese He did not know anything about it but after awhile claimed that america had a 100 more bombs and that tokyo was next. Even after this some people in japan wanted to fight to surrender in the eyes of some japanese people was the greatest shame

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
SiCkBoY, i must admit something of the same nature has crossed my mind. I would only request that you consider a small tactical nuke that would take out congress while in session and the whitehouse with a minimum of collateral damage. Maybe make sure you hit K street too where all the lobbyists hang out. There are good people in congress, but they are so outnumbered by wh*res for corporate america that call themselves congress persons that perhaps it could be considered a necessary sacrifice.
Also if Kerry is elected give him a chance to see if there is some real change in Washington.

As time goes by I think maybe Individual states are physically and mentally closer to their citizens. The US government is too big and too far away. If states become corrupt at least the corruption is more local.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
yea..sneak a tactical nuke in guarded areas, im sure we have sensors in such areas and sattelites that detect nuclear radiation...you'd get caught, made an example and we would destroy the plotting countries economy by an embargo, sanctions, sabotage, cyber warfare, tarrifs, etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   

OK time for a history lesson. Firstly dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was enough to make the Japanese surrender. Another was used on Nagasaki as a warning to the Soviet Union. The US did it as a way of trying to convince th Soviet Union that they had many bombs and would use them if they had to. In a way, the people of Nagasaki were the first victims of the Cold War.

Secondly suggesting that you 'you would have been cheering yourself silly the day the sky lit up over Hiroshima' makes you sound very sadistic.

Futhermore, the only reason Japan attacked Pearl Harbor was becaus the US was starving it of oil. Saying that the US did not want a war is wrong. The US had intelligence that Japan was planning an attack. If you do not believe me then you should know that the US navy sank several Japanese submarines in the time leading up to the attack. The US government needed something to get it into WW2. It did not want the Nazis controling Europe and wanted to do something to prevent this (very noble and rightly so to.) However it seems that one of the reasons the US didn't want the Nazis controlling the world is because it wanted to. And it is doing now.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
"I'm prayin' for rain, I'm prayin' for tidal waves, I want to see the ground give way, I want to watch it all go down, mom please flush it all away . I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in, watch you flush it all away."

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Take Eddie999's history lesson onboard for he types the truth about what happened. I find it amazing that after all that has happened most American people still think their flag is true and are proud of it, with the understanding that we can pin-point dramatic events in their short history that make it not so.

Slank wrote
�SiCkBoY, i must admit something of the same nature has crossed my mind. I would only request that you consider a small tactical nuke that would take out congress while in session and the whitehouse with a minimum of collateral damage. Maybe make sure you hit K street too where all the lobbyists hang out. There are good people in congress, but they are so outnumbered by wh*res for corporate america that call themselves congress persons that perhaps it could be considered a necessary sacrifice.
Also if Kerry is elected give him a chance to see if there is some real change in Washington.

As time goes by I think maybe Individual states are physically and mentally closer to their citizens. The US government is too big and too far away. If states become corrupt at least the corruption is more local.�

Perfect, a tactical nuke in the right place at the right time.

Many might see my words as very Anti-American, but I don�t hate Americans, that�s not what I am about, its gone to far in the USA now, Bush and his administration have pulled the blinkers over the peoples eyes and are doing what they wish. I know there are good smart people in the USA that want to see the same as I do, ok maybe not in the form of a nuke, but they do wish to see the back of the current administration and the �sick� things it is doing on its people. Its only going to get worse.

And as for the IRA comment from The Last Patriot

they did not have to nuke the IRA, and anyway in a country so small such a move would have been pointless, there could not have been a fresh start, but they did drop in something which worked just as well! They were called the 22nd Ulster Troop ( Special Air Service ) British SAS, and trust me because I seen a lot of it, it put the fear of god into the IRA on the ground. The IRA are not doing much these days, in other words, we sorted out our cr^p, now you sort out yours.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by SiCkBoY]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

OK time for a history lesson. Firstly dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was enough to make the Japanese surrender. Another was used on Nagasaki as a warning to the Soviet Union. The US did it as a way of trying to convince th Soviet Union that they had many bombs and would use them if they had to. In a way, the people of Nagasaki were the first victims of the Cold War.

Secondly suggesting that you 'you would have been cheering yourself silly the day the sky lit up over Hiroshima' makes you sound very sadistic.

You want a history lesson eddie999 Do you even know that after the second bomb was dropped the military of japan attempted a coup they wanted to surpress the emperors surrender message take over and keep fighting. If you understood japans mindset about surrender during WW2 you might have a better grip on why most of military didnt want to surrender.Luckly the emperors message got out and the people listened to him. 50 million people died in WW2 are those other deaths any less bad then the people that had a atomic bomb dropped on them. Its better to get killed in a second then be worked to death by the japanese building a bridge and passage through the jungle or any of the other long and dragged out ways people died in that war.

Maybe you should also talk to some vets that were in the pacific during WW2 I have 2 grandfathers that both did and have talked too many of their friends who also served in the pacific. There views on how they felt after the bomb was dropped hold alittle more sway then yours since they had japanese trying to kill them. Ask a vet from ww2 how they felt when the bombs were dropped.

Sickboy If america ever gets nuked rest assured the whole world is comming along for the ride we dont have enough nukes to destroy the planet for nothing then and to the mix russia nukes and chinas and all the rest. Just hope you die in a blast and not from radation or the winter and starvation that will follow.Its better to get vaporized then the the other options trust me.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

OK time for a history lesson. Firstly dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was enough to make the Japanese surrender. . . .

Futhermore, the only reason Japan attacked Pearl Harbor was becaus the US was starving it of oil.

No, dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was NOT enought to make Japan surrender. It didn't. It is you who are in need of the history lesson. The Japanese expected they could kill a million Americans in the beach assault that would begin an invasion. THey believed a million casualties could tip the balance back in their favor.

The "real reason" for the second bomb was that the Japanese knew enough about atomic theory to realize that refinining uranium takes thousands of itirations to produce enough fissile material. The Japanese command did not believe America had enough material for a second bomb.

The reason the US called bomb #2 "little boy" is because there wasn't enough material to build a full-sized device like the one that had been used August 6. The fact is that the Japanese were contacted by the Navy and asked to surrender on August 7. They refused.

As for the US "starving" Japan of oil, that is purely Japanese propoganda for the rape of Manchuria and Indonesia. Japan had robbed it's neighbors of enough oil producing land to provide for its domestic needs for a generation.

America didn't place an oil embargo on Japan until after the annexation of Manchuria. What, are you saying embargoes don't work? That sounds like Bush talking.

Are you saying that the need for oil is a causus bellae, a legitimate ground for imperialism? Are you saying that Japan's need for oil justified it's global aggression????

Isn't that rationalization exactly what you are accusing America of?

The fact is, you are just Anti-American. America will not be "good" until is ceases to exist, apparently.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
But that�s just it ShadowXIX, maybe if a good plan of action was put forward it might not get to that, I am sure there are loads of budding insiders in the USA right now just waiting for the opportunity to over through their 1930�s German Style Government, you seem to be real happy with it, which is just a reflection on your own being, a few good people on the inside to change a few minds is all it would take, okay, Take the JFK assassination, the insider powers to be on that day took the leader of the biggest (so called) free world out (in front of the people who put him into power)

For real think about that for one second now, HOW FREE do you think your country has been for all these years, every 4th of July after the leader of this free land was slaughtered on your streets, the American people just fly the flag and don�t worry about what happened, I hate to tell you, but, they took your free land and your rights away from you on that day, they took your rights as a free American away the day pearl harbour happened, and they have been taking your rights away from you ever since.. What did the American people do about it? Did the American people even know there was a coup d'�tat happening that day? did they care? THEREFORE! I conclude that in light of what has went on in the history of the (so called) biggest free democratic society in this world, how hard do you think it would be to stop the USA firing its load in retaliation to a strike on home soil.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
The reason the US called bomb #2 "little boy" is because there wasn't enough material to build a full-sized device like the one that had been used August 6. The fact is that the Japanese were contacted by the Navy and asked to surrender on August 7. They refused.

Actually "Little Boy" was the first bomb (not including "Gadget" used at the Trinity Site Test), and actually used more fissionable material because of its inefficient "Gun Type" configuration. This type required about 26.5kg of U-235 vice "Fat Man" (the Nagasaki bomb) needing only 15kg. Yet another myth is the inability to deploy another weapon in theater. The timeline for another bomb being available was 20 August, 1945.

from reference
It is very unlikely any more Little Boy-type bombs would have been used even if the war continued. Little Boy was very inefficient, and it required a large critical mass. If the U-235 were used in a Fat Man type bomb, the efficiency would have been increased by more than an order of magnitude. The smaller critical mass (15 kg) meant more bombs could be built. Oppenheimer suggested to Gen. Groves on July 19, 1945 (immediately after the Trinity test) that the U-235 from Little Boy be reworked into uranium/plutonium composite cores for making more implosion bombs (4 implosion bombs could be made from Little Boy's pit). Groves rejected the idea since it would delay combat use.

Full reference.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

But that�s just it ShadowXIX, maybe if a good plan of action was put forward it might not get to that, I am sure there are loads of budding insiders in the USA right now just waiting for the opportunity to over through their 1930�s German Style Government, you seem to be real happy with it, which is just a reflection on your own being, a few good people on the inside to change a few minds is all it would take, okay, Take the JFK assassination, the insider powers to be on that day took the leader of the biggest (so called) free world out (in front of the people who put him into power)

For real think about that for one second now, HOW FREE do you think your country has been for all these years, every 4th of July after the leader of this free land was slaughtered on your streets, the American people just fly the flag and don�t worry about what happened, I hate to tell you, but, they took your free land and your rights away from you on that day, they took your rights as a free American away the day pearl harbour happened, and they have been taking your rights away from you ever since.. What did the American people do about it? Did the American people even know there was a coup d'�tat happening that day? did they care? THEREFORE! I conclude that in light of what has went on in the history of the (so called) biggest free democratic society in this world, how hard do you think it would be to stop the USA firing its load in retaliation to a strike on home soil.

I will be the first to addmit our goverment has many things wrong with it but it also has many things that are good too. The special interest that both parties cater too is just sickening. But I also realize most other countries have the same problem.The United states also gives out billions of dollars in aid each year to other countries in need more then any other country so its not all bad.People always focous on the bad of america never the good. When was the last time you heard of Russia or china giveing money to africa to feed people or help fight AIDs. I just think that using nukes to fix things wrong with the goverment is like using a boozka to kill a fly. I would rather see a american civil war anyday then another country throwning nukes around killing millions in the US and billions across the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

OK time for a history lesson. Firstly dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was enough to make the Japanese surrender. . . .

Futhermore, the only reason Japan attacked Pearl Harbor was becaus the US was starving it of oil.

No, dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was NOT enought to make Japan surrender. It didn't. It is you who are in need of the history lesson. The Japanese expected they could kill a million Americans in the beach assault that would begin an invasion. THey believed a million casualties could tip the balance back in their favor.

The "real reason" for the second bomb was that the Japanese knew enough about atomic theory to realize that refinining uranium takes thousands of itirations to produce enough fissile material. The Japanese command did not believe America had enough material for a second bomb.

As for the US "starving" Japan of oil, that is purely Japanese propoganda for the rape of Manchuria and Indonesia. Japan had robbed it's neighbors of enough oil producing land to provide for its domestic needs for a generation.

America didn't place an oil embargo on Japan until after the annexation of Manchuria. What, are you saying embargoes don't work? That sounds like Bush talking.

Are you saying that the need for oil is a causus bellae, a legitimate ground for imperialism? Are you saying that Japan's need for oil justified it's global aggression????

Isn't that rationalization exactly what you are accusing America of?

The fact is, you are just Anti-American. America will not be "good" until is ceases to exist, apparently.

Ja

America staged an event that pushed them into the war in Europe.

They forced the Japanese Government to attack them, they knew about an attack on the harbour and they let it go ahead so that the American public would believe the war was a just and right thing to be apart of. In doing so they slaughtered more of your fellow countrymen that day.

You talk about other countries having a bad human rights record, that�s a joke; American is the world leader on human rights violations, international and domestic.

Who is the real terrorist nation in this world right now, go and ask that question to Europe and see what answer you get.

How most you think that your own Government could have nothing to do with 9/11 is really beyond me, The sooner this real world threat is taken out, the better for us all.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"I would rather see a american civil war anyday then another country throwning nukes around killing millions in the US and billions across the world."

that i could live with.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
this thread still here?

SiCkBoY, i must admit something of the same nature has crossed my mind. I would only request that you consider a small tactical nuke that would take out congress while in session and the whitehouse with a minimum of collateral damage.

Ahhh yes, nothing says democracy like killing our elected officials right?
This already disturbing thread, just keeps on getting more disturbing.
What next genius? After you kill our our congressmen and everyone in charge then what? Having the US run by our military will somehow bring about world peace?
You have got to be the (smartest) person on this board next to Sickboy.

Perfect, a tactical nuke in the right place at the right time.

Many might see my words as very Anti-American, but I don�t hate Americans, that�s not what I am about, its gone to far in the USA now, Bush and his administration have pulled the blinkers over the peoples eyes and are doing what they wish. I know there are good smart people in the USA that want to see the same as I do, ok maybe not in the form of a nuke, but they do wish to see the back of the current administration and the �sick� things it is doing on its people. Its only going to get worse.

No, nuking the US will only make it worse. You hate our administration right now. That's fine. Who cares? But how will killing them and nuking the US make things better? You still have not explained. From your posts it seems you're against the bombing of Japan who we were at war with, but yet you are advocating an unprovoked nuclear attack on us. Like the rest of your posts on this thread, that makes no sense. And please stop saying you're not anti American. You're not sounding intelligent when you say that (and I'm sure you're not saying that with a straight face). You are. Otherwise why post this nonsense? Why do you care what goes on over here? It's really none of your business. Advocating the deaths of millions of Americans for nothing certainly doesn't make you pro American. Many here on ATS would die if you get your wish, and I can picture you now sitting back laughing saying "That's what they get!"

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No, nuking the US will only make it worse. You hate our administration right now. That's fine. Who cares? But how will killing them and nuking the US make things better? You still have not explained. From your posts it seems you're against the bombing of Japan who we were at war with, but yet you are advocating an unprovoked nuclear attack on us. Like the rest of your posts on this thread, that makes no sense. And please stop saying you're not anti American. You're not sounding intelligent when you say that (and I'm sure you're not saying that with a straight face). You are. Otherwise why post this nonsense? Why do you care what goes on over here? It's really none of your business. Advocating the deaths of millions of Americans for nothing certainly doesn't make you pro American. Many here on ATS would die if you get your wish, and I can picture you now sitting back laughing saying "That's what they get!"

Look Fool

Who cares? The Fathers and Mothers of the Children that were slaughtered when the not so smart bombs ripped them apart, I also care as do A LOT of TRUE American people.

�How will killing them and nuking the US make things better? You still have not explained�

Are you blind? Getting rid of your Government and people like you.

�From your posts it seems you're against the bombing of Japan who we were at war with, but yet you are advocating an unprovoked nuclear attack on us.�

Unprovoked! Jesus H-Christ man, thats a joke! lol (you are joking right?)What�s good for one . . . bla bla, ect ect

�Why do you care what goes on over here? It's really none of your business. Advocating the deaths of millions of Americans for nothing certainly doesn't make you pro American. Many here on ATS would die if you get your wish, and I can picture you now sitting back laughing saying "That's what they get!"

Its your Government so you do something about it and stop shutting your eyes, your weak and it makes me sick to see, what�s it got to do with me? World Order, that�s what. Stop starting wars around this world, it belongs to us all, get your # together Mr America.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
ThatsJustWeird , How you don�t feel utterly embarrassed is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Look Fool

Who cares? The Fathers and Mothers of the Children that were slaughtered when the not so smart bombs ripped them apart, I also care as do A LOT of TRUE American people.

You can't read can you? That's strange because you semi know how to type. I said "Who cares?" to go along with "You hate our Administration."
So what are you talking about? I was talking to YOU.

I'll say it again. You hate our administration and that's fine, who cares if you do or not.

Understand now?

�How will killing them and nuking the US make things better? You still have not explained�

Are you blind? Getting rid of your Government and people like you.

So by getting rid of people like me who don't want to see the world go to hell for no reason, is going to make everything better? Get real.
There are plenty of ways of getting changing Governments, having a nuclear war is absolutely the stupidest and most noneffective way.

Unprovoked! Jesus H-Christ man, thats a joke! lol (you are joking right?)What�s good for one . . . bla bla, ect ect

Ok, you laughed but you didn't address anything....
And yes unprovoked. If we haven't used any nukes on them (whoever them is), and they use nukes on us, then it's unprovoked.

Its your Government so you do something about it and stop shutting your eyes, your weak and it makes me sick to see, what�s it got to do with me? World Order, that�s what. Stop starting wars around this world, it belongs to us all, get your # together Mr America.

Exactly, it's OUR governement not yours.

Stop starting wars?? But, you're the one advocating a NUCLEAR WAR!!
Put some clothes on, you hypocrisy is showing.

World Order? What do you think is going to happen after the war? The world will unite and be one so that won't happen again. By you pushing this war, you're inadvertanly trying to speed up the coming "World Order"

You're the one who should be embarrassed. You're making youself look like an unintelligent a( )hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join