It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

You think the U.S. is a bad country?

page: 3
20
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
I guess so. I think you should be bit direct and just keep it simple
Use the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid)


Your second post sums it up alright. But what good does it really do unless you are preaching to the rest of the responders? If you go by Gandhi's statement then why dont you go by another one. 'Action Speaks Louder Than Words'
Dont type on ATS. Go outside and be the change

edit on 9-2-2011 by hp1229 because: Stupid Typos.


ATS is about an exchange of ideas, a clearinghouse to hear others arguments on today's issues. To engage them fully one liners can be pithy, but engaging threads require depth. So how about both/and instead of either/or? I gave both.

And again... "both/and"... I punditcize here and act in "real life"




posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by hp1229
I guess so. I think you should be bit direct and just keep it simple
Use the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid)


Your second post sums it up alright. But what good does it really do unless you are preaching to the rest of the responders? If you go by Gandhi's statement then why dont you go by another one. 'Action Speaks Louder Than Words'
Dont type on ATS. Go outside and be the change

edit on 9-2-2011 by hp1229 because: Stupid Typos.


ATS is about an exchange of ideas, a clearinghouse to hear others arguments on today's issues. To engage them fully one liners can be pithy, but engaging threads require depth. So how about both/and instead of either/or? I gave both.

And again... "both/and"... I punditcize here and act in "real life"

Thats much better. Truth that I feel is that we all know what we want to be. However it is the commercial echo and upbringing/surroundings/society/culture that drives what we really are and what we really want to be instead of what we think we really should be. Do you know what I mean?



posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229
 


I will answer you with a quote from Edward Bernays the "father of public relations":


“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society.

Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet.”


Edward Bernays, Propaganda



posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by hp1229
 


“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society.

Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet.”



Agree Agree Agree to all 3 paragraphs above. It all depends on one's upbringing and society and culture.
In addition there is something called Common/Sixth Sense and Basic Instincts that always comes in handy when one knows or feels that something is not right. Ofcourse in most modern societies, TV, Internet, Radio support the 2nd paragraph to a great extent. But then again there are also individuals who 'Deny Ignorance'
which has always been part of a Democratic Society as well



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am only commenting on your post title ......People are not evil in a sense that they don't know what is up with that ....Way too much propaganda involved to get to the marrow of the truth to understand ....I heard a good analogy the other day from a Russian ....We in Russia know very well we cannot believe anything that we are told threw the media but you in the west don't know that yet ...Everyone wants to believe they are good ,despite the fact they might be wrong ....peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
I am only commenting on your post title ......People are not evil in a sense that they don't know what is up with that ....Way too much propaganda involved to get to the marrow of the truth to understand ....I heard a good analogy the other day from a Russian ....We in Russia know very well we cannot believe anything that we are told threw the media but you in the west don't know that yet ...Everyone wants to believe they are good ,despite the fact they might be wrong ....peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)


welcome


please do read the rest of the post as it is about personal growth and change. You could summarize what I am saying by ghandi: Be the change you want to see.

I think we in the west are awakening to the fact that we can trust nothing we see or hear in the media. I certainly do not. If it's coming out of a MSM report i assume its a lie or propaganda.

I pray that the evil of our governments do not force the citizenry to fight. I think there is a growing awareness that it's the few at the top, not the masses below in every nation, that are to blame. If there are to be future wars, let's arm teh politicians and throw them into a big arena and let THEM fight it out!
edit on 4-3-2011 by pianopraze because: typo



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's not just the US, it is this world. This is HELL, and we are all in it.

Until you realize that, and realize that you have been deceived into worshiping the Master of Deceit and the Father of Lies, thinking it is God, you will all remain in HELL...



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It's not just the US, it is this world. This is HELL, and we are all in it.

Until you realize that, and realize that you have been deceived into worshiping the Master of Deceit and the Father of Lies, thinking it is God, you will all remain in HELL...


You might want to ASK who my father is... he's not who you insinuate... nice trolling though


Please read the WHOLE post before commenting though. I'm making a point and you might even agree with it after you read whole post.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"If a drug addict wanted to straiten up he would never be able to by throwing away their drugs. They would have to address the real source of the problem... the pain within that drives the actions without. "
What if one has tried everything they can think of to find out what that pain is or where it comes from yet is not able to?
What if throwing away the drug is the only thing that works yet the driving force to find out where it was thrown is ALWAYS present?

What happens when one knows all the theory behind changing oneself in order to change the world (find your purpose, find your connection, find your inner peace and all that, yes it all makes sense to me) yet finds it impossible to do..
No i am not a violent person (at least not physically) and i go out of my way and comfort to be as kind as i can to others, often at my own expense (not that i care) yet everyday is still a struggle to get out of bed.

All I'm wondering is how the H do you find that pain or where it is coming from when all logic says there is none yet most feelings says there is?


Edit:
No i do not think America is a bad country. I think it is a slap of land on which there lives some "good" people and some "bad" people... just like every other country on this planet.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Vampiri because: To stay on topic

edit on 17-3-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A good country with bad government.



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join