It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Out of Place Artifact (OoPART)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi.
Don`t know if this will help or hinder but: Apparently on the approaches to Area 51 there are intruder/motion detectors in the ground which are disguised to look just like rocks. Presumably they must be connected to an electrical current in some way - perhaps by plugging in. I wonder if this could be something similar?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It could be a garden rock for lighting or electrical or solar.

www.google.com...

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay , here is my take on this object . For starters , it looked strangely familiar at first glance , couldn't put my finger on it until I clicked on the link and read the info there .

So , it has a high crystal content , silicon , and I think I read something about granite . Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the electrical connection . Plus , the plug is a dead giveaway .

I am of the opinion that this rock is a primitive version of what is known as an "earthing electrode" . In short , I think this is part of a lightning-rod system that was once on an old house or barn .

The rock with the plug would have been the part that was buried in the ground . The plug would have had wires connected to it that ran up the side of the structure and across the roof to possibly(?) three different locations where it connected to the apparatus that attracted the lightning .

The current would have traveled down the wire , into the rock , where it was disipated into the ground .

I could be totally wrong about this , but it does remind me of some of the more primitive systems I have seen first-hand .

That's my two pennies worth .
edit on 26-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

In the US, I've never seen or of heard such a system. Typical ground rods in the US are about one-half inch copper-encased rods that ideally go six feet into the ground.

The type of plug looks entirely, conventionally modern. The connectors are not anywhere near large enough to carry a lightening discharge.

The reason for the three wires could be that the sensor is somewhat directional in its sensing abilities.

Being hidden in the bushes would have been good concealment and normally had protected it from any casual rock collector.

Obviously, the key to this mystery is WHERE it was found.

I would expect it will be "collected" so as to thwart any detailed examination of its innards.

Be wary of of debunkers. They frequently lurk under rocks!

edit on 26-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

As I said , it was just my opinion and could be totally wrong . As for never having seen a system of this type , that is why I used the word primitive . I have seen these systems that have had metal balls connected to the end of the wire in the ground . I have also seen systems that had nothing more than scrap iron from farm equipment attached to the ends in the ground .

The reason I know this , is because I actively sought out these earlier systems , as there is one in particular that is worth several thousand dollars to certain collectors .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Interesting. I've never heard of such a device, but it certainly would go a long way toward explaining this. My only thought on this idea is that it seems to be a fairly elaborate construct, whereas a much simpler device for grounding might be deployed to this end.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Be wary of of debunkers. They frequently lurk under rocks!

Hi Aliensun,
I have to say that I welcome debunkers on this mysterious object, as well. What this thing really cries out for...is an explanation, be it paranormal or simply mundane; it may very well be some sort of hoax, albeit a bizarre one at that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

As I said , it was just my opinion and could be totally wrong . As for never having seen a system of this type , that is why I used the word primitive . I have seen these systems that have had metal balls connected to the end of the wire in the ground . I have also seen systems that had nothing more than scrap iron from farm equipment attached to the ends in the ground .

The reason I know this , is because I actively sought out these earlier systems , as there is one in particular that is worth several thousand dollars to certain collectors .

Then you would surely know that those three little pins could not possibly carry a decent ligthening charge.

And carry it to where? To inside the "rock" which does not appear conductive?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Detailed Comments on the Images of
my Petradox with Embedded Component

HERE ARE SOME DETAILED, TECHNICAL ELEMENT POINTS FROM THE FELLOW WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE FOUND THE OBJECT:
(A), 10x: Top view image of the component. Note that: (1) There never was a 4th pin, (2) The depth of the chipped part is substantial, and (3) The apparent angular grazing of my Petradox in the chipped area (vertical and just left of chip) that probably caused the chipping while scoring my Petradox in that area. I do not know what are the strange black "stains" on the component's base. I have not been able to clean them off. However, I believe that these "stains" may have been caused by high-voltage arcing around or between the pins. However, a person recently told me that these black "stains" look to him like parts of the stain-like characters he saw etched on a metal strip, strap or band he discovered sticking out of the ground. He believed at the time of his discovery years ago while hiking, the characters were of alien origin, and that the metal of a bright chrome-like appearance strangely responded like stiff rubber to his pulling efforts. He said that while he was able to partially lift up some of the strip from the ground, he could not dig up, pull up or break off the metal out of the ground with his hands, sticks and a small pocket knife, and that he had no tools with him then to extricate it or to discover what was at the other end. He said that several days later when he returned with tools, he could not find the metal strip again. Also very interesting: He said that the location of his site was within a relatively few miles of the location of my site, which I have never publicly revealed or even hinted at to date!

consumertronics.net...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 26-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

If it IS an XLR plug...(although the fellow who found it claims that it is not), it may lend some weight to your theory that this is a motiondetector/listening device, similar to those around Area 51.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
looks VERY easy to fake. and the nature of the site seems to point to an easy homemade oddity that probably generated some revenue. though I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if this thing was given some power.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Just in case you missed it :

The component base/matrix ("base") is a whitish ceramic or rock-like material, and is definitely not a plastic, rubber, wood, or metal type material (relatively rare for most types of modern manmade electrical components, ceramic-based components are normally limited to high temperature, high radiation, high voltage, high power, and-or ultra-longterm uses).

www.s8int.com...
edit on 26-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Just in case you missed it :

The component base/matrix ("base") is a whitish ceramic or rock-like material, and is definitely not a plastic, rubber, wood, or metal type material (relatively rare for most types of modern manmade electrical components, ceramic-based components are normally limited to high temperature, high radiation, high voltage, high power, and-or ultra-longterm uses).[ex/]

I didn't miss it. Why does the piece so much look like a typical earthly piece of electrical equipment? Are you tending to imply that it is an alien artifact? I'm an UFO abductee, so I could accept that possibility IF the item was totally unknown to our way of doing electricity, but this is looks EXACTLY like one of our units except the materials are a bit different--but not unknown either!

And as I mentioned earlier, a key missing bit of info is where this thing was found. And as someone said, it seems very similar to the seismic-motion sensors planted all around Area 51, etc. Some places, perhaps earlier ATS there are threads with images of these fake rocks. --But it wouldn't even have to be a fake rock would it?

My best guess at this stage is that someone swiped a government sensor from the parimeter of one of the secret bases and knows damned well they can't say too much about its history.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My understanding is that the indiviual who found this, believes this may be some type of ancient astronaut/alien type artifact. I will see if I can find information as to where it was actually found.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Okay, I found this:

"In 1998, electrical engineer John J. Williams discovered what looked like an electrical connector sticking up out of the ground. He began digging and found that that the three-pronged plug was embedded in a small rock.

According to Williams, the curious stone was unearthed during an excursion in a rural location in North America, far from human settlements, industrial complexes, airports, factories, and electronic or nuclear plants. While it may hurt the credibility of his discovery, Williams refuses to give the exact location of his find, for fear that the site might be plundered of other mysterious relics."

www.theepochtimes.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 26-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why does the piece so much look like a typical earthly piece of electrical equipment? Are you tending to imply that it is an alien artifact?

1) Because it is an "earthly" piece ?

2) No , I am not implying it is of alien origin .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
My understanding is that the indiviual who found this, believes this may be some type of ancient astronaut/alien type artifact. I will see if I can find information as to where it was actually found.

The guy seems like a real "character," and full of fanciful ideas. The problem with most of these "things found embedded in rocks" is that the age of the rock is always difficult to determine. Sometimes this kind of rock material forms unexpectedly fast around objects. The other problem, of course, is that there have been many electrical devices manufactured over the years and finding one that matches is nearly impossible. If it really was found out in the middle of nowhere, it still doesn't preclude the thing from being some kind of plug from a telegraph, early telephone, or train electrical system.

It doesn't look all that high-tech or "alien" to me, but that's just my opinion.

P.S. -- Where's the Telsa Guy? This seems like it would be right up his alley. It definitely looks like it has something to do with a Tesla 3-phase AC power source.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The fact that he was an electrical engineer , raises red flags for me .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I can accept that, mostly. But now that we know he was an electrical engineer, we must wonder with the indepth physical details of the plug why he did not report an electrical examination of it with a low-voltage circuit and multi-meter.

Whatever, if that was his real name and business, he would have been tracked and relieved long ago of the item whether it was truely a UFO part or something from our exotic hardware.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I remember an episode with Jesse ventura that had an FBI agent (?) who explained some of the tools they used to spy. One of them was a rock which would record all conversations nearby. I think that rock could simply be an old model which needs an external power source.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join