It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama law firm to Taco Bell: That's not beef

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef. Miles said the lawsuit does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising. "We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Does this mean that meals that cost less than a pack of gum AREN'T beef?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very interesting law suit.

Fake food...does this surprise anyone? Really?

link   
Kinda figured, every time you stop at Taco Bell you have to stop by the bathroom after. That stuff doesn't site right.

link   
Sure makes me want to run for the border.

Just kidding.

The only fast food that we eat is subway. I don't trust most of the big companies to offer decent food.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Taco hell is what then exactly? Amazing how such details are left out.
Good find

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i thought tacobell was grade d beef, didnt know they could get lower. stuff looks like diarrhea anyway. makes me happy i dont eat meat, can skip over any of this junk without second thought.

link   
reply to post by GLantern101

Good point. I wonder what other fast food monsters are advertising 100% pure beef and can't prove it.

I remember going to livestock auctions as a teenager, watching worn out dairy cows being prodded, sometimes pulled through the ring... covered with the sores of tuberculosis. Most of them were purchased by McDonalds and Oscar Mayer.

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.

MMMMMMM

link   
I was just watching a story about this on CNN. It appears that if Taco Bell loses this lawsuit, then they will no longer be able to advertise their beef taco meat as beef. I suppose they will change the name to "Beeph® Taco"

Likely what will happen is that they will be forced to put more beef in their taco meat, which will mean an increase in cost.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

Sounds..... untastey oh no fake atifical beef tasting paste. They mind as well just distribute food tubes with flavor and call it a day.. More reason to not eat meat!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
.....still tastes good

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

i thought tacobell was grade d beef, didnt know they could get lower. stuff looks like diarrhea anyway.

That's good!

Diarrhea on a tortilla, add an Old Milwaukee on the side..... And, " it don't get any better than this"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But what are the binders and extendors in the mixture?

They do not tell you what they are. They could be awful chemicals or sea algea. In the case of it being sea algea, this could be a good thing actually since it is healthier for the person.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
C'mon leave them alone! I like paying 49 cents for a taco. After they upgrade their beef to 60% they'll probably charge upwards of 99 cents.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its the old arguement of supply and demand, the consumer demands low cost wares and they supply it, when I want a burger I go to the butcher and buy Aberdeen Angus burgers, slow cook them on the grill and they taste a world away from the likes of Burger King and McDonalds. They have got to the point of no return I dont see them improving the contents and raising the prices. If you dont want to eat # then make your own food instead of buying takeaway crap.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLantern101

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef. Miles said the lawsuit does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising. "We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Oh my!what is it exactly?MY family don't eat fast food except in unusual circumstances(maybe once a year)but I used to eat it a long ago,when they first opened I thought Taco Bell was the greatest thing since mickey D's.It's not surprising though, do any of the fast food chains serve real meat?I would love to know what the beef's and chicken's are really made of.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of why corporations need to be regulated. Apparently, they are not even willing to be honest about what they are feeding us without regulations mandating that they do so. Even then, according to this article, they have to be sued into compliance. I believe that current regulations require that a product be at least 40% beef before it can be advertised as "beef" which in itself is an absolute joke. You'd think it would at least be required to contain 51% beef to be labeled as such. What the hell are we eating?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I found this out years ago, a friend of mine had to have her stomach pumped, the doc told us that there was very litte meat in the 'meat', and what was in it was spoiled and made her very sick

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i remember hearing rumors about taco bell putting old circus animal in the taco's

so when i eat it i always remarck "mmmmm i can really taste the giraffe"

but thats just me

mmmm i could go for a taco

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join