It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama law firm to Taco Bell: That's not beef

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BEEF. It's what's for dinner.....or at least 35% of it is.

35% of BEEF = BEF

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
But what are the binders and extendors in the mixture?

They do not tell you what they are. They could be awful chemicals or sea algea. In the case of it being sea algea, this could be a good thing actually since it is healthier for the person.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

I did a quick google of "what are binders and extenders" and I got these examples:

Isolated Soy Protein (ISP), Gluten, Econoblend, TVP

Carrageenans: Trigel, Trimix, Formula MC+/MC37, Hi-Creme, SI 7080, Injecto

Starches: Potato Starch, Modified Starch

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't want to know what's in it.

And I hope they never ban Taco Smell in CA.

Because I can't live without it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

Soy protiens and potato starch is ok, but the majority of it doesn't sound too promising.
Any body up for a tofu taco? LOL!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Good point. I wonder what other fast food monsters are advertising 100% pure beef and can't prove it.

I remember going to livestock auctions as a teenager, watching worn out dairy cows being prodded, sometimes pulled through the ring... covered with the sores of tuberculosis. Most of them were purchased by McDonalds and Oscar Mayer.

I used to see the same thing in the Midwest. The "downer" cattle that can't walk on their own, and the big box buyers would come through and buy them for pennies on the dollar. One of the main buyers in my town processed meat for Taco Bell.

We used to call their meat the "cancer cow" meat. But alas, I still eat there. A little Fire sauce can make anything taste good!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLantern101

Originally posted by ldyserenity
But what are the binders and extendors in the mixture?

They do not tell you what they are. They could be awful chemicals or sea algea. In the case of it being sea algea, this could be a good thing actually since it is healthier for the person.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

I did a quick google of "what are binders and extenders" and I got these examples:

Isolated Soy Protein (ISP), Gluten, Econoblend, TVP

Carrageenans: Trigel, Trimix, Formula MC+/MC37, Hi-Creme, SI 7080, Injecto

Starches: Potato Starch, Modified Starch

WOWOWOWOWOW!!

No joking, I am contacting this law firm and suing!

My wife is allergic to Gluten, and Taco Bell has a Gluten Free menu, and their Crunchy Beef Tacos are guaranteed to be Gluten Free. My poor wife eats them non-stop, and she has a strict gluten-free diet, yet she continues to have problems.

So, if their is Gluten in their beef, then we are getting PAID!!

link   
Just go to a roach coach and get yer tacos. Cheaper, better tasting and not this bastardized Taco Bell crap. Seriously, here is $4:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09c10f2959e4.jpg[/atsimg]
Not beef, but pollo and yummy. The beef and pork are just fine too. Knowing the coaches are around, I will never eat at Taco Bell again... and haven't since the mid-90's. Just no reason to give "the Big Guys" your cash when there are people local to your area (assuming your area has coaches) that provide a better meal at an equivalent or cheaper cost.

link   
Well, consider this, they don't call their offerings "beef Buritto's" - all of their recent ads tout names like "Beefy Crunch Burrito" or "Beefy 5 layer Burrito." Well that's the end of that guilty pleasure. I'm really glad that I found this post. I will never give them any business again, and shouldn't have in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is purely anecdotal. So believe it if you want to, I believe the guy who saw it.

I knew a truck driver that was hauling chicken from a chicken processing facility to a hot dog manufacturing plant. While his truck was being unloaded, a fork truck operator went off the edge of a ramp and dropped the majority of the load of boxes that were on the pallet. Some of the boxes broke open and the contents were entirely chicken bones. My friend asked why he was hauling chicken bones to a hot dog manufacturer, the fork truck driver said...
'That's the only meat in a chicken dog'.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is not a surprise to anyone.

They should slap a label on it that reads. Fit for human consumption.
End of story.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I knew Glenn Bell and he was so happy when he sold out in the 70's just because of the government regulation. I know he would hate to have his name attached to the place now

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

And that, my friend is why I don't eat hotdogs, unless I am starving to death and that's all that's around, but even then I would go out forragin and fishing first!!!!!!

I will never eat toxic hell again, I won't eat mcd's either, next road trip I am packing sammiches!!!! And I will watch the deli counter slice it!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Taco Bell Allergen Chart

NOTES: Taco Bell® Border Sauces (Mild, Hot, and Fire) contain soy
Taco Bell® Green Tomatillo Sauce contains soy

Suggestions for Wheat and Gluten Sensitive Individuals
- Tostada
- Chicken Fiesta Taco Salad (order without the shell and without the Red Strips)
- Chicken Express Taco Salad (order Chicken instead of Beef)
- Zesty Chicken Border Bow®l (order without the Zesty Dressing and without the Red Strips)

The allergen information displayed on this page is based on standard product formulations and is current as of June 8, 2008. Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and/or product production at the restaurant.

In some restaurants, fish, chicken and potatoes may be prepared in the same oil. Please ask the manager about this practice if you have an allergy to fish or milk.

Some menu items may not be available at all restaurants. Limited time offers, test products, or regional items have not been included.

Customers with allergy-related questions can contact the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) on the web at foodallergy.org or by telephone at (800) 929-4040.

This could be serious! It used to not say "Order Chicken instead of Beef" and it used to include Tacos on there!
edit on 25-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You should try to get the same lawyer that pressing this lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Good point. I wonder what other fast food monsters are advertising 100% pure beef and can't prove it.

I remember going to livestock auctions as a teenager, watching worn out dairy cows being prodded, sometimes pulled through the ring... covered with the sores of tuberculosis. Most of them were purchased by McDonalds and Oscar Mayer.

That is a --great-- point. I was just about to rave about the need to abolish those old 19th century blood drenched pollution-spewing industrial-age mass slaughter houses, those factories of horror, notching-up wrath-karma against mankind. But then I remembered that I had been long complaining about how pizza manufacturers refuse to utilize real cheese anymore. Thanks for reminding me that much real chees comes from real brutalized animals.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

That is a --great-- point. I was just about to rave about the need to abolish those old 19th century blood drenched pollution-spewing industrial-age mass slaughter houses, those factories of horror, notching-up wrath-karma against mankind. But then I remembered that I had been long complaining about how pizza manufacturers refuse to utilize real cheese anymore. Thanks for reminding me that much real chees comes from real brutalized animals.

I grew up in a butcher shop. Started cutting meat, standing on a stool at 5 years of age. I have personally killed a lot of animals.

I don't think karma is finished with me yet. I have been trying to make amends for my past.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I looked them up, called them and left a message, and also filled out their online form

Law Firm initiating this suit

I can't believe they have already removed beef products from their website, but my wife has a detailed folder at home, so I know we probably have some older versions printed out. She suffers with Fibromyalgia Pain, stomach issues, and other auto-immune disorders, and many of them have relationships with Gluten Sensitivity! She is pretty tough, and she still manages to work and live a normal life, but much of the time she is living with pain. If Taco Bell is partly to blame, I am going to be pretty angry!

We both know that we should all be on wholesome, organic, rawfood type of diets, and avoid the fast-food chains and processed foods, but it is just so dam convenient!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You have to let me know if they get back to you

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Not sure how true it is, but I knew a guy who worked at a chicken processing plant and did inspections for USDA, and he said that the grade of beef used in Taco Bell food is one entire step below the beef they use to make dog food.

And you dont even want to know what is in a chicken nugget. Hint....it aint all chicken

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Actually, I used to work at a Dog Food plant as a maintenance man, and our USDA standards were higher than most Human Food manufacturing.

The logic was dogs often live off that one source of nutrition. There is no room for errors, because there is no other supplementation to their nutrition needs in many cases. For a human, if one batch of spaghetti o's is not as good as another batch, it isn't a huge problem, but for a dog, if one 50lb bag of dogfood is below par, that dog might suffer for a month or more on that one bag of dog food.

I was just a maintenance man back then, but the explanation made sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join