It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

hi and thank you for trying to make me understand, but ive must be the dumbest ass around because i still dont understand it, even a line has thickness, even if you take a projection of something for example on a tv or a movie screen the projection has the thickness of a light proton, someting 2d can not exist without the third dimension,
ahhrgg my head almost hurts thinking about this, it feels as if it should be so simple to understand but i just dont get it.

but again many thanks for trying.

peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I started a thread on a similiar subject in proof from scientists that we are like the computer game The SIMS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by Mizzijr

Ok but...

How can that theory explain the 5 senses?
or even emotions and Consciousness.

Unless I'm missing something.

You acquired it all from another time. A time you were not part of. A time before this earth was designed. Your part of something much bigger. Your real in a way but the real YOU will not show until your time stops. Your true colors will then be known by all. It will either be a Plus or a Negative. You want it to be a Plus that is fair to all. If your a Negative your not trusted or wanted. Didn't the story of that big Negative idiot teach you anything. Lucifer got his butt kicked and the rest of his idiot group were thrown out. Remember you can't kill the dead.

Now put yourself on a higher level of thought and start thinking. You can do that. How would you FEEL if your friends that you knew, loved and trusted betrayed you? (You better say hurt.) You have this all in your world you acquired it from another time.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

Maybe you are the 3rd dimension.
What sees these words on the screen right now? Without the seeing, nothing is seen. Imagine that all the 3d world out there is really right in your face, well even behind that. Like a photograph, or tv screen, we imagine 3d when we look at them.
Really, you are projecting the whole wide world and viewing it back. It's all you. Like in a dream, who is there in a dream? No one, just the dreamer.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You say it like it really is man,and if people don`t believe it everything you are ever going to do ,has already been ,and you will allways fufill it,judas iscariot with jesus,you name it,he graduated ,its already proven,or is it.

Fractal Mathematical Rabbit Hole The only problem here is, you have a limit if you are looking at the one fractal, for there cannot be one, there are Infinite Fractals, never ending. There is no measurement that is possible in Infinity. Anywhere you would are to start measuring, and try to say, you're half way through infinity, there is still an infinity in all directions around you. You can't put a dot down and measure it. The infinity in a star and a grain of sand are both the same equal endlessness. Both could grow unto infinity in size, like consciousness, or shrink unto infinity but they cannot disappear. Everything in infinity is infinite. There are never ending repeats, you are being born at this moment and taking your first baby step, you have passed on, you have passed the tests either this life or another and have graduated beyond and you are now your Higher Self, etc etc etc. All that was and will be is occurring now, in no time, forever. Energy, mc2, is not the same as consciousness/soul/light.

edit on 27-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I think that the wormhole theory is pretty absurd.. we're dealing with energies of the magnitude that nothing physical is able to use them as a transportation method. Black holes probably rip materia into atoms or sub-atomic particles. As a layman, that would in a way explain the huge gamma-ray bursts from the black holes. Maybe they're caused by particles getting into contact with the event horizon/zero point/infinity (whatever we want to call it).

It seems pretty amzing to me that some scientists can't get their head around infinity.. i mean, it's proven by fractals. In a mathematical world, infinity definitely can exist. And now that they've studied it, most of them have come to the conclusion that the Big Bang wasn't actually the start, but a new beginning. And that universe (in some form) has always existed.

As we think about this, it's very probable that there are infinite parallel universes, or to the point that they're practically infinite (trillions). So, maybe something what we call "god" is perfect logic, perfect mind, infinite, all knowing, all seeing, omnipotent everything. And that everything happens as planned, as consciousness continuously reaches new hights, and always will. And there's nothing we can do about it, except make the most out of our lives: enjoy.

Peace out.
edit on 27/1/2011 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I dont think their is any difference between meeting someone in a dream and in reality...I try to meet up with old friends when I go to sleep at night..Sometimes I do, and sometimes I dont. Sometimes their is quite a dialogue and i get a strong feeling if i met with these people in waking reality that they would remember the same dialogues.Other times i get the distinct impression that the subjects in the dreams have recently died. Or left their temporal bodies pemanently.But as everything is a memory,i think most of our concentration is deployed running this physical body,so unless you give enough effort to discover this extra state of Consiousness the memories will be at best haphazard. At least untill you join it permanently.That said the Universe leaves us clues and we get the lucid dream once or twice in a lifetime whether we want it or not. If i'm on the right track,the astral form of the "Dream People"is the same as in waking reality,that may be an illusion for clarity,in fact that might be the purpose for our existance..ie. forming reasonable and logical illusions,that enable a dialogue with the greater Universe.Being locked in a body does tend to form and focus the mind.
The most important part of this physical existance are ""Ideas and formations of concepts" which is interesting as they are the least Physical of all things.and have more in common with the dream states of Conciousness than the world of so called reality.I also believe if for some reason you havent had long enough to get enough "Whatever" That you come back and have as many goes as it takes...Ie ,,"The boy who lived before documentary" where he,s overheard telling his younger brother.."It dosnt matter if you die ..you just go through a hole in the floor and come back" ..Which got the game rolling insofar as aspects of his former life were uncovered on the Island of Barra.I'd better shut up as this id getting long.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

wow, finaly it makes some sense.
that is an explanaition i can get a grip on.
Thank you my friend, perhaps i will get some sleep tonight after all.

you are my new best friend

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
reply to post by muzzleflash

We see with our eyes open, not closed. We are able to see because of a source of light being the sun, bouncing of things in the air creating color for are optical nerves to see outside of our brain. When we close our eyes we can not see anything but darkness. Until we dream, why is it that we can see light in our dream when eyes are closed? There is NO source of light be processed. So could this be the proof of "saved information" or energy from the horizon of a black hole?

The physical presence of light has absolutely nothing to do with experiencing 'light' within the context of a dream. The reception of photons on the optic nerve is an actual physical experience that occurs in real-time when we are awake. The brain operates entirely differently when experiencing 'light' within a dream, yet it still processes the information much in the same way as a waking experience. The main difference though is that dreams cannot be experienced in real-time and can only be rationally processed during waking hours, after the experience has occurred. Therefore it is impossible to describe an experience of dream 'light' with the same level of accuracy as a waking experience.

Your theory falls flat when you consider the dreams of people who have been blind since birth. The level of 'light' they see in their dreams is nil. They are only able to experience auditory dreams, therefore they are unable to access the same experience of seeing 'light' in their dreams as seeing people can. Those who have been blind since an early age are only able to experience vague colors and shapes because their experience of 'light' seems to be very much in correlation to the clarity of the memories they hold from their past. If the idea here is that humanity, as a whole, is living in some alternate reality where dreams are 'real' and light and sound actually, physically exist in such dimensions, then wouldn't blind people also have access to it?

Of course, one could say that a blind person cannot access the physical phenomena of light from another plane of existence because of the simple fact that the non-functioning part will not respond to such stimuli... even though the physical body, as we know it, is not physically 'transported' anywhere when we sleep. Unless there is a reason why blind people remain 'blind' in their alternate dimensions and never manage to develop or regain full awareness of light, as seeing people know it, then it is difficult to ascribe meaning to the terms 'experience' and 'reality' in the way that seeing people do.

Still... if reality, as we know it, is nothing more than a projection of our true selves, then I guess blind people will project themselves as blind people much in the same way that a dog won't project itself as a human. If our holographic state is nothing more than a reflection of our reality, then I guess there is nothing mysterious or hidden about that reality after all.

I think there is much more to it than just being able to physically interact with photons. Perhaps the movie 'Avatar' touches more upon this theory than it cares to admit... the idea of falling asleep and having one's consciousness projected into another body may be closer to the truth than we realize.

edit on 27-1-2011 by radionactive because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by radionactive because: rearranging paragraphs to make more sense...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What a magnificent post, OP and responses from all. A truly pithy discussion and solid, far reaching work has been done by all, both within and without. No Cliff notes here, thank you all and God. Well done, bravo and I am further enlightened and better for the reading of it all.

My reality is this...we are all where we are and we never left. We exist in, for some (and myself) our infinite God, for others (like my Dad, the scientist) in an infinite pool of creative light and energy from which all creation comes.

This is an infinite universe, the black hole is a recycling device, the wormhole is for travel. But, you at your soul's level and beyond are infinite. You exist now, you always have and always will. This is the way of infinity.

There is an infinite number of dimensions, however, our local universe has limitations on the mathematics. You all are beloved as souls and spirits and as humans as well. Believe it or not, humans are highly respected in the local universe. because we are among a few who have attempted the spiritual voyage unprotected with free will. It takes big ones...real big ones.

For all our faults, only the strongest of souls can be born/projected in the human bodies here. You are, on the universal level, the best of the best of the best...even the very worse of us, and we are going to be given another chance at this. I see a lot of bravery on ATS. It gives me hope. This thread gives me hope...no, faith...it gives me faith.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow, I'm an imagination of my figment. Cool.. No wait, that doesn't sound right?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have read every comment, and I respect everyone's opinion. However, I feel disputing if we or real or not, is better done while passing a peace pipe.

We could all very well be one in the same, but we are still real.

Damn Real.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radionactive

The problem with your post is that we see and hear with our Brains.If someone has been blind since birth,he may indeed see in his head..but would have no idea what seeing is anyway .He/she could not agree that what they were experiencing was seeing any more than anyone else can experience whats going on inside someone elses head.
This could get interesting as a reincarnate might be blind in this life but not in his last. Anyway a blind person would have to "Sculpt thoughts" Thats what they do when they feel someones face.In that sense they have an image comited to memory.So about five photons cause an electron to be released by the optics to the Brain..the cells get flashed and hey presto we see...I touch and electrons get sent up the nerves not much different to seeing.Their was a guy deaf from birth...they asked him how he could think without language? This was after he got his hearing back and learnt to speak..he said he could think just fine...but some things seemed hillarious like a priest dressed up in a Church waving incence..He said he hadnt a clue what was going on but he enjoyed the show.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Undertaker

True how do we define reality?..That could get hairy.Have we two states of consiousness? one waking and the other sleeping? or have we just one with degrees of just one state. Either way the question applies not why do we sleep? but why are we awake?.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

WOW...

I read the explanation that this reply was in reference to. All I can do is laugh, not at the explanation though.

I am laughing at my inability to understand this one compared to mine... I must just think and explain things far to deeply. Ha ha ha. I am for real laughing at myself right now!

Not sure why, but I just had to share my thoughts in this. They are so flipping funny. I am glad someone was able to help you. I think I'll stick with academics after all!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Well, different brains, different thought patterns My friend
It is our difference That makes the world evolve.
Perhaps to another dimension ; )

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I've seen that show before and it is so amazing. The problem lies in the fact that they try and explain realty as related in the third density form in which we as human beings live in on this earth.
Everything most humans and other species perceive on earth are limited to the five senses. There is no way to measure a dream with a physical ruler or to record it with a recorder that exists within the physical realm.
We do exist but our physical brain can only perceive vibrations that exist within it's parameter.
That's when we realize that a lot more exists than what we physically perceive.
Once we learn to quiet the constant rhetoric that fogs the everyday mind, finally we can see and hear vibrations that exist in the higher levels of consciousness....fourth density is right here among us, as is fifth, and so on.
It's not easy, but it's not hard.
My first advice, brush your teeth with baking soda.
Now, that may seem completely off the topic but if you use fluoride toothpaste, or drink fluoride from your water source then it's not so strange. Especially if you do the proper research. Google, fluoride and the pineal gland.
Now, you may ask, what does this have to do with reality?
Let's go back to the original show. This is the science that is pushed upon the people. Accurate only to a point.

My point is, if they can poison you both physically and mentally from knowing the spiritual truth of reality then I guess they've reached their agenda.

I say these things only because they are the truth. Take it how you will. Do some research and wake up. Peace and love be with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i personally think we are atoms to something bigger than us

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I need to go devil's advocate for a minute...

Whether hologram or not (and there's damn good evidence that the word "hologram" is pretty serious in regards to the nature of the universe). Trying to understand such things, in human terms, leads you down a black hole of confusion and brain-freeze. No matter what mathematics may say about the "nature of reality," we do not have the brain power to integrate it into our understanding of the world...how can we even comprehend that we don't exist? the act of thinking "wow, man, that's trippy" proves (at least in our minds) that we do exist. Something is having this thought, there is a "I" (as in "holy christ, I do believe that man is nuts") and, so even if that "I" is shared by every piece of whatever-the-hell that this place consists of, it's still me. And I'm still here. Even if I am everything...

that whole argument is totally all Descartes, but I don't think he ever went so weird.

Totally strange stuff though. awesome, and right up my alley. I only watched the first video (it's 4am) but I'll definitely be watching the rest tomorrow, and coming up with a more inclusive response.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kingneptune

The thinking mind will never work it out. Because all thought can do is tell you what has already happened, and then it is only thoughts interpretation, not actual truth. The thinking mind is only a translator, it translates all that is seen so communication and understanding can take place.
Start from here (where you are) and now. Know that past and future do not exist, except as a thought. Are thoughts real? Is anything real? What does real mean?

All things are thoughts. Everything, i mean every thing, has been named and labeled by a thought.
What you are is the no-thing. Only the no-thing can experience, feel sensation. The no thing and the every thing and inseparable, they are one.
You are not a thing, not your thoughts, body or emotions, these are things.
Awareness of all things is what you are. This is prior to thought.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join