It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The more I read, the confuseder I get!

When I was serving over seas, I got shot. It hurt enough to almost be real.

Once I was cleaning a deer I killed while hunting and cut myself. I thought all my "red stuff" was going to leak out!

I even hit a "not real tree" while riding a motor cycle. I don't think the tree moved very much, but I don't want to do that again!

Like I said, I am just getting more and more confused. If this world is not real, why do I keep walking funny?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Either 1 of the 3 are happening

1. Reality is real and your soul is on a continuous life death rebirth cycle and have been forever for whatever reason.

2. Its a simulation from a computer which I used to believe for a very long time, considering this universe has evidence of "fine tuning" IE gravity is PERFECTLY set to support life, and the nuclear forces are also set so they don't kill us either.

3. Or we are just an alien experiment on a previously terraformed planet.

Either way nobody knows, so whats the point of debating it anymore?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I study Quantum Physics too, and whatever the true nature of the physics of matter is I don't feel sentience is in any way related to it.

I write this because I can. The fact that I am replying to you proves that I am.

I exist because I am replying to your comment.

If all matter is just a hologram, then we can get rid of the term "hologram" all together, and just call it "matter" (which is what we call it now). Because if all matter is made of hologram material, then matter = hologram. Since people are more familiar with the term "matter" then we should just call it "matter".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I love your point of view, it takes us all out of the boring box for a while... It should be something more than Projected Beings, a lot more than Holographic Creatures.

We are creating, giving birth, breeding and dying. We have chemicals working in and out of our bodies. That is not an illusion.

But there's terribly interesting point in what you said: why all particles are fleeting?

yeah WHY?
big question

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are so very correct, I used incorrect wording thank you lol.

I'm brain dead, and it's 3:30a.m. lol I was right, thank you for trying to correct me though. Thank you tothetenthpower for your support.

Aghhh headache ! please dumb it down. and forget the videos lets here it in your own words. i need a summary!

Ok, let's see.. My main point was really the dreaming part, which I'm not sure if I was too clear when explaining.

The Point

If there really are different dimensions, then that means everything has already happened, even your death. Based off of Lenny's theory the horizon can somehow "save" information from a black hole. He gets this theory from the "Law of Conservation of Energy" which states, " Energy can not be created nor destroyed."

So if we are being projected from the horizon, then it is everything projected from the previous 3D universe, which made me think that maybe they converted into a 4th dimension, I don't know. But if so, then we wouldn't be able to see them due to how Carl Sagan explains that we are simply "shadows" of the 4th dimension. so could it be that the horizon of a black hole could be the gateway or link to another dimension, I don't know.

The Dream Part

We see with our eyes open, not closed. We are able to see because of a source of light being the sun, bouncing of things in the air creating color for are optical nerves to see outside of our brain. When we close our eyes we can not see anything but darkness. Until we dream, why is it that we can see light in our dream when eyes are closed? There is NO source of light be processed. So could this be the proof of "saved information" or energy from the horizon of a black hole?

Hoped I helped.

Awesome, this thread should be given some sort of award, a gold medal at least for the most rediculous thread ever! This site loses credibility with every thread such as this. I seldom use this term but i cannot help myself you my freind are a moron!

"Ignorance Detected"

......Processing Ignorance......

"Ignorance Denied"

edit on 25-1-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

I can close my eyes without dreaming and IMAGINE things and see, like I can in dreams.. I think it's odd though.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Very interesting idea, mate.

The thing with dreams is, though, if it was just us seeing what already was, not our mind expressing its desires/anxieties, then dreams should always make sense, shouldn't they? And from my experience, I'd say they usually never do.

And if we were somehow the products of an inter-dimensional world, wouldn't we not feel pain? I would have an extremely hard time believing that matter could just organize into us by such an extreme quantum process.

And if we were just holograms, wouldn't we be still? Like...you see a chair, only because atoms allow you to see a chair. If no one looks at it, it should vanish into oblivion, shouldn't it? So when you do look at it, and move it even, wouldn't you be moving the entire universe around you instead of yourself?

From what I have read the idea is that all is nothing and nothing is all.

Again, very interesting idea, especially when presented with scientific background. Very well done.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

You are real and you are right.

I think the point of this thread is that tangibly you are not as solid an object as you may have been bought up to believe. It's a bit of a no brainer.

We all experience realness but are made up of no more than pure energy and chaotic interference.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think this is true. A long time ago I had the feeling that we were living a holographic life.I did thread on that that didn't last long.Holographic projection

I f you believe in something very hard it becomes true. If you can imagine the hole time that you can see it what you want to see you gonna see it. This holographic projecting consciousness listens to us. As a single individual but better if we collectively think on the event.So The media could control our collective perception of what is real!

Man if this is going to be proven right.. Then so many pieces of the puzzle falls together.. scary sh...!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Tnx to the OP for bringing together a couple of links to interesting source material. I watched the BBC Horizon documentary few weeks ago and hey, it's a better way of wasting time then watching a cooking show, isn't it?

However, the title - carefully crafted as it is - is still somewhat misleading.

At least, in the Horizon documentary there's nothing that leads to a justified use of the word "evidence". What is being provided by scientists today are mathematical models that comply with the laws of physics. So basically that's what it is: a mathematical model. In particular the model was designed to deal with Hawkin's paradox. There's this nifty law that states that energy doesn't get lost (in the universe), yet, if stuff is being eaten by a black hole's gravity, it appears as if that energy is gone. So another smart guy (can't remember his name right now) came up with the idea that at a black hole's "event horizon" (basically the point of no return) the stuff that exists in 3D is being transformed in 2D. Hence the idea of the hologram (basically a 2D thing that yields 3D perceptions).
Again, this smart guy came up with a model. And, unless my academic time was a total waste of time, models and evidence aren't the same thing.

But please don't let my critique stop anyone from bringing on very interesting notions.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

How can an inanimate object even think? The fact that we have thoughts points to the fact that there is an "us" doing the thinking.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Re:
1. Actually, its just a way of thinking. it can be a little difficult to wrap your mind around it.

um...no. That's just not true. Reality isn't just a way of thinking. Reality exists and is a definitive something with definite properties. Who thought you into existence? You? No, you didn't. God? Nice try, but blaming everything on God is as good as not answering the question or even not thinking about it at all.

2. It changes a person's perception of what reality could really be. The slit experiment is done with electrons. What makes it so mind boggling is that humans have electrons running through their body as well.

Not electrons. The experiment is done with photons. Particles of light. (I wish they offered an emoticon that's smashing its head into a brick wall) Also, electrons don't run around. They associate with a neutron within atomic structure. Even electrons engaged in electrical current don't move any further than to enage the electron in the atom next to them. They react in a synchronized manner, but they don't go anywhere.

3. It's possible to discover a thought, it's called an idea. Such as a clothing designs, video games, etc..

You can discover that someone else had a thought, but you don't discover your own thoughts. Where was it that you learned such things? Discovery is a thought. An idea is a thought. Hopefully realizing that you need to buy a dictionary will become a thought.

4. Look at tothetenthpower's post.

Hey, I can't make you understand this stuff. It comes from within.

Not from within you apparently. Seriously. I hope the mods don't decide to erase this post. People need to be called out on this kind of thinking in a forum that is supposed to be about exploring thinking. Nothing is ever explored if everyone is deemed right by the behavior and decorum requirements in this kind of forum. It ends up with serious thinkers heading off to places where foolishness isn't tacitly supported.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thankyou very much ,Horizon allways opens the horizon and the mind to our weird reality and proves that scientists are realizing how wacky everything really is as they get closer to knowing our own brains have two dimensions of science to workI.E two lobes
.Quantum,chaos side of the brain and ,constant relative order ,where einstein lived !
I believe we will finally realize our brains are recievers of spacetime and quantum fluctuations of reality itself and ultimately we observe and live by recieving what it wants us to learn,depending how good our brains function we will either know how it works ,or live in chaos as we ,thats you ,me and everybody ,won`t exist once its discovered how it works.
Now thats a quantum rambling...wheres einstein ,I prefer constant relativity,help !.Star and flag OP
By the way I still think most all theories of reality brought forward by scientists and physicists are all justifiable and if you add them up ,thats each theory they add up to 11 dimensions of theory and reality,.is that weird or what all the theories make 11.Hoorah !
edit on 26-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well I'll admit that this has crossed my mind before but more in ways like the Matrix movie. This is one of those theories that would be impossible to prove right in our time. I suppose it's possible but logical reasoning has to say it is not, nor do I want to know if it is not. Still a very good, mind thinking thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One of the constants history displays to us, is that the great thinkers, the truly critical minds, the philliosophers, and to a lesser extent the prophets are always and forever trying to figure out what life is and the meaning of the universe and how it all works.

Trust me when I say what ever your individual version of reality is, there is always so much more to the picture that even after thousands of years, hundreds of religions, hundreds of theories and philosophies no one still knows for sure.

So people keep trying to figure it out.

The majority adopt a version of reality that simply works for them and assumes it to be true because it's the easiest thing to do to preserve your sanity and function in a shared reality.

The truth is the great mysteries of life are still a great mystery, with some not so great and some great guesses being made from time to time.

This theory is simply because of the odds involved, of everyone having always been at least a bit off the mark, also likely a bit off the mark, or maybe even a lot, who knows, and the truth is no one knows!

What I believe though is it's always great to think and ponder and contemplate all manners and natures of things outside of the box, and come the day we can do that as a species without people denouncing what they truly don't know, in favor of something that they truly don't know either, well, then I imagine the long stalled process of human evolution might finally begin again.

It all starts with thinking outside of the box.
edit on 26/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijrwhy can we see light or anything that occurs in a dream when our eyes are closed?

Oh for # sake, you use your brains to process the data collected by your eyes, YOU DO NOT SEE WITH YOUR EYES ONLY. Dreams are past memories which your brains are storing into more compact size also as it also gets rid of unconventional ones. While it does so, it might distort you to believe or see something of that process >>>> dreams.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree fractals all the way man,russian doll syndrome,the harder we look the more we find the key another doll,smaller or larger.Reality is so complex,we would need to merge all the great theories into one brain and even then once thats been done and reality is defined ,we will cease to exist,game over

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In my profile I have one of my threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Space/Time/Infinity & The Holographic Universe!

I find this topic very interesting, for basically we're in a school, streaming in, and especially the Infinity, for a deep thinker, what it means, no locality, no sintularity and no measurement possible: no bigger/smaller, higher/lower, past/future, No Time, and the implications there as well.

I'm going to find a couple of posts, food for thought on this that were very good, and add them.

I don't think the black hole has much to do with this however. Its just a windows style recycle can. And that is about matter which is energy = mc2, not about light/consciousness/soul. So it could kill us, our body suits, but not harm our souls, and in Infinity, there are Infinite clips in the neverending roll of film of our lives ,with Infinite clips of us. Our Higher Self, is our Future Self, time traveling, and often in crafts even, Family or Higher Ups, from outside this universe/hologram/school, watching over. Adults serve the children. Big lights serve others, its not like the pyramid system negatives, invert the pyramid, the more progressed you are, the more you serve. But do remember, there is no Time. So to serve others 100%, with a be back in a proverbial second means, you can have a million years vacation with Family in eutopias, where dreams do come true, and still be back in that proverbial second to continue helping. Now thats something to picture for a deep thinker, how there is no time, and there are lots of perks for the Family of Light and True Love.

Anyway, black holes are watched over by teh true Creators/Designers and Programmers of this hologram which is akin to a dvd player playing infinite disks, or worlds, and they're the ones who handle which programs get recycled, they're never souls. Souls either progress or regress in the shool.

Anyway, I'll find the other posts that were food for thought.

I found the posts, 2 from ET_MAN that are really good quantum, metaphysics theory. He had an nde, but I was shown this myself in medtiations and connections HS, and a young friend's thread as well where he touched on what he suddenly saw as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Infinity and some general information +^_^+ PART 1

Infinity and Link between time +^_^+ PART 2 of the Infinity Post
edit on 26-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What I truly don't understand is how the act of observing something can change its physical state [reality].

Very early on I learnt photons behaved in both matter and wave form as demonstarted by that very rudimentary two slit experiment and the interference patterns produced, but how can observing a photon change its physical state unless the act of observing it somehow interfered with and altered that state?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

It could be the instrumentation,magnets absorbed the particle or force acting on it and reduced its capacity to form a wave.Hence two beams instead of many.
edit on 26-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Perception - The reality beyond matter

This might help. Also quite a few videos on my thread about the holographic universe and space-time.
Sleeper, Lou Baldin shocked quite a few with the concept of the sun creating matter, or birthing planets.

But its all tied in, for what are the stars? Input systems? ET phone home!

A hologram does stream in from somewhere, it IS a construct! A technology!

Philosophy and the Matrix - Descartes

What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

In fact, in this holographic dvd player with infinite space-TIME channels based on orbits and density layers, channels, our MINDS/Souls/Consciousness, are the DVD players and we don't have the remotes. Higher Ups and ETs can hit the pause button and check up on us any time they want. In this school, how loving we are raises our frequency. Falling into the worlds traps and hurting others, or being bought of by materialism switches channels for us and we fall into the negative type worlds and realms who have the power then to affect us. We need to work on uncovering our weaknesses and lack of love here, this world shows them up, and strive to improve ourselves and help others.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join