It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out t

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It just seems to be a trend lately,.
And why not just put this stuff on the already running " Whats going on in Yellowstone" thread.
thing is .. Yellowstone is Quiet,. not a peep a burp or even a rumble,.
Nothing,.
but,.. enjoy your thread,.Cheers..*clink*

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Last time I checked, no science could tell us when a volcano was going to erupt. Has this changed?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sorry to spoil the fun. It won't happen. Even if it erupts, it will be a small one with minor damages. I'm quite confident U.S. is geographically sound this year.

I dare to even place a bet - half my savings - that there will be no disaster (natural/man-made) huge enough to cripple U.S. economy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Bring it on i say, Drop kick me Jesus through the Goalposts of life

At least itll be warm for a change!

edit on 24/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

A Bobby Bare fan? On ATS? Who woulda thunk it? Good taste!

I can't say I agree with "bring it on," but I can agree that I am tired of all the hype and build up already. Let's get it done, or stop talking about it. I am not one to wish for death and destruction, but if we are going to talk about it day in and day out, there ought to be some payoff at the end.

Kind of like an overcast day, for days and days and days, but never any rain. Gets old!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Sorry to spoil the fun. It won't happen. Even if it erupts, it will be a small one with minor damages. I'm quite confident U.S. is geographically sound this year.

I dare to even place a bet - half my savings - that there will be no disaster (natural/man-made) huge enough to cripple U.S. economy.

Well if it did happen and you were in the 66% of the country that gets wiped out, you wouldn't have to pay up, so great bet considering there may be no risk of losing (you'll be dead).

link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
I'm 380 mi from Yellowstone, this we not be good for me I'm think'n.

L2........

My friend,

From what's being said, there are NO GOOD PLACES to go! Probably why there's such a rush to reach the Moon by 5 different countries all of a sudden.

Live day by day. I know that's a dumb over-used saying (seeing we can't live any other way but) try to max out your days the best you can and be grateful. Smile first thing in the morning. Just try it. It really makes the day feel nicer and more pleasurable!
After all, tomorrow is no guarantee.

link   
i only live like a couple hours away...I guess if it happens, it happens...and I'll probably be one of the first to be suffocated by ash...to be honest, I don't think it will happen, but I guess that's just what I hope for (is nothing to happen)...I guess til it does happen i'm just going to continue my life not worrying about it lol

link   

Obama will get there first.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The way I see it is everything seems to be connected. I feel the ptb have known a ele event is most likely to occur at x time. The EU forming and one of there first actions was to build a doomsday seed vault, just as one of hundreds or even thousands of recent examples.

I feel its likely that Yellowstone will blow, my only question is will it be triggered by a New Madrid quake or visa versa. I feel this is inevitable because of the geomagnetic shift or re alignment, and I feel all fault lines and volcano's and all the super volcanoes will also blow.

The deck is going to be reshuffled.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Love the bobby

It wish hardly a wish for death and destruction, More like a general statement of how ill be taking any Plausable Disaster that anyone talks about with a pinch of salt and one of Those choclate flakes you get in icecreams Over here

edit on 24/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I will bet all your savings AND a case of beer

that nothing happens

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Would dallas Texas be affected?

link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The way I see it is everything seems to be connected. I feel the ptb have known a ele event is most likely to occur at x time. The EU forming and one of there first actions was to build a doomsday seed vault, just as one of hundreds or even thousands of recent examples.

Dude, you need to brush up on your "history". The EU was formed decades ago and the Svalbard seed vault started construction in 2006 and isn't even anything to do with the EU, it is a mainly Norwegian Government effort, who aren't even an EU member.

Nice attempt to stir up panic though.

link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Well if it did happen and you were in the 66% of the country that gets wiped out, you wouldn't have to pay up, so great bet considering there may be no risk of losing (you'll be dead).

I'm an Asian living in an Asian country. I'm serious about my remarks. I know that U.S. government has some weather control systems in place.

There are astrological signs and fengshui predictions favoring U.S. economy this year. It also means those evil bankers can run wild piling more debts and get away scot-free, and still economy boasting fake recovery.

edit on 1/24/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nah...

No super volcanoes, no massive earthquakes, no state-engulfing fissures in the earth's crust.

It's just not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in the OP the height of Solar Cycle 24 which will peak in 2011-2012 as well!
Oh boy.............this might get pretty messy! (remember to smile in the morning!!!)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

'At the beginning we were concerned it could be leading up to an eruption.’

But he added: ‘Once we saw the magma was at a depth of ten kilometres, we weren't so concerned.'

‘If it had been at depths of two or three kilometre we'd have been a lot more concerned.'

Yeah. So after all the hype and 'possibilities' throughout the 'article' we finally get the to the crux of the matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
These things seem to build mperceptably for long times, and blow one day nobody expects.
ya pays yer nickle and ya takes yer chances....
We all opted to come here, and be alive in the most calamatous part of earths history.
We all have things we promised wed do...we just have to pause long enough to remember what they were....
Dont worry above all, because when the big one blows itll all become a matter of simplicity itself.
everybody will know in an instant of time what they have to do next. itll all become clear to everyone then......
Hold your hand out to your fellow man,step into the fire with your head held high......

naw!
jellystone is not gonna blow soon.there will have to be litlerally hundreds of small quakes day after day for a while, then bigger and more violent shakes, and after it rocks the house itll go with a mighty roar.
I imagine the pyroclastic flows will cook anyone who is close.
I live not too far from mt st helens...couple hundred miles, and didnt even hear it go up....we had no ash fallout here or hardly noticed the difference in the sky even....a few sunsets maybe.
dont worry, be happy!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Trust you to find that One little bit of Text in the news article that makes the entire Hype worthless, Your ability to find such things is why your admin, Good stuff

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
These things seem to build mperceptably for long times, and blow one day nobody expects.
ya pays yer nickle and ya takes yer chances....
We all opted to come here, and be alive in the most calamatous part of earths history.
We all have things we promised wed do...we just have to pause long enough to remember what they were....
Dont worry above all, because when the big one blows itll all become a matter of simplicity itself.
everybody will know in an instant of time what they have to do next. itll all become clear to everyone then......
Hold your hand out to your fellow man,step into the fire with your head held high......

naw!
jellystone is not gonna blow soon.there will have to be litlerally hundreds of small quakes day after day for a while, then bigger and more violent shakes, and after it rocks the house itll go with a mighty roar.
I imagine the pyroclastic flows will cook anyone who is close.
I live not too far from mt st helens...couple hundred miles, and didnt even hear it go up....we had no ash fallout here or hardly noticed the difference in the sky even....a few sunsets maybe.
dont worry, be happy!

Thanks Boo-Boo (Jellystone remark)

I think people who preach certain doom are equal to the people who say 'nothing will happen'.

To be that sure, when Humans have not mastered time travel, is not only naive but disingenuous towards reality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join