It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out t

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out two-thirds of the U.S.? Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dai lymail.co.uk

It would explode with a force a thousand times more powerful than the Mount St Helens eruption in 1980.

Spewing lava far into the sky, a cloud of plant-killing ash would fan out and dump a layer 10ft deep up to 1,000 miles away.

Two-thirds of the U.S. could become uninhabitable as toxic air sweeps through it, grounding thousands of flights and forcing millions to leave their homes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Let's review shall we?

We have massive die-offs.
FEMA staging 'earthquake' drills this Spring/Summer
Magnetic Poles moving
Airports readjusting
Greenland & Arctic seeing Sunrise early
Land in Michigan heating up
GOM disaster causing an underwater volcano
and of course....2012 prophecies.

I realize Yellowstone gets mentioned every once in a while and the MSM talks about 'dooms-day' so.......I think this is in an attempt of getting us numb.
If they mention potentially dangerous situations often enough, we're going to get immune to it which, is already happening.

I've posted many different threads (all sort of related) to read that some people simply don't care because, there's nothing to worry about.

Okay fine. Maybe that's true but I think we're all in agreement, MSM is playing this up a LOT lately.

www.dai lymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Mount St. Helens was pretty bad, Two-thirds of the U.S. is just unfathomable really.
edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Bring it on i say, Drop kick me Jesus through the Goalposts of life

At least itll be warm for a change!

edit on 24/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Bring it on i say!

At least itll be warm for a change!

edit on 24/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Actually it might bring another mini ice age.....

I say be careful what you wish for!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've just been comparing the last time a pole reversal happened and the last time Yellostone blew. seems the last reversal happened 700,000 years ago and the last Yellowstone super eruption happened 640,000 years ago. A big difference, but there does seem to be a margin of error in both dates..

I wonder if there is a link?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
on a slightly selfish note, does anyone know how this would effect europe as i dont want to die yet

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What exactly is the premise we are to respond to? Whether or not the MSM is bringing this up because it is going to happen? Do you want us to just wing it and throw out anything that comes to mind based on the dot connections you drew? Im not trying to derail your thread, but Im having a hard time seeing what your point is other then adding one more Yellowstone story to the innumerable other yellowstone stories Ive seen this week. Please elaborate.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Life is temporal and precarious at best, and as such many people are always looking for or at something that they imagine might bring about a doomsday.

Yet it should also be noted two very important aspects that morph out of this that is evidenced in history again and again. The more a population is prone to believe a 'realistic doomsday' scenario can and will happen, the more tyranical and harsh it's government regime is. Two that many religions including today's most popular ones all feature doomsday prophecies.

While the earth is millions of years old, few people live more than a hundred years. So when your time is up, your time is up. You were after all going to die anyway!

So cheer up, and buck up, and make this summer that once in a life time journey to Yellowstone!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Scientist are at least telling us of the changes occuring with the volcano, none of which sound very good as far as avoiding an eruption altogether. A lot of changes are going on and some very rapidly such as the animal die offs. I am still in the mind set of considering the magnetic shift - if we can bring all the information we have into the center of the circle for discussion perhaps we can find an answer to what to be prepared for in the near future. Yellowstone is sleeping, turning over now and then in preparation of waking up, we can only hope a long slumber continues.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

really? another thread on Yellowstone?
Why?

link   
I live in WA state. Seems so peaceful here.

SE has it's hurricanes.
Mid US has it's Tornados
SW has it's earthquakes
NE has it's . idk something (Extereme snow/exterme summers)

But up here in the NW, we have a nice super volcano

But really :[

I mean i enjoy the peace nature brings here, other than occasional rain storm.

Guess it compensates for the lack there of harsh nature we experience here.

link   

Originally posted by stumason
I've just been comparing the last time a pole reversal happened and the last time Yellostone blew. seems the last reversal happened 700,000 years ago and the last Yellowstone super eruption happened 640,000 years ago. A big difference, but there does seem to be a margin of error in both dates..

I wonder if there is a link?

Hmmmm interesting point. I wonder too now.

I just wonder if the uprising (and crack) of land in Michigan is a precursor. For those not familiar, I'll link it here too:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Human_Alien

really? another thread on Yellowstone?
Why?

Hmmmm because it just came out today? Why? Is ATS on a budget?

Besides, I haven't posted any Yellowstone threads before

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I want have to worry about it, Ill be incased in Magma

link   
I'm 380 mi from Yellowstone, this would not be good for me I'm think'n.

L2........
edit on 24-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
link   
It won't blow in my lifetime.

Here is how I know for sure.

I am not lucky enough to get out of paying taxes and having to worry about bills.

Therefore, nothing will happen and I will still owe a lot of $$$ on bills and taxes tomorrow.

Simple deductive reasoning.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Life is temporal and precarious at best, and as such many people are always looking for or at something that they imagine might bring about a doomsday.

Yet it should also be noted two very important aspects that morph out of this that is evidenced in history again and again. The more a population is prone to believe a 'realistic doomsday' scenario can and will happen, the more tyranical and harsh it's government regime is. Two that many religions including today's most popular ones all feature doomsday prophecies.

While the earth is millions of years old, few people live more than a hundred years. So when your time is up, your time is up. You were after all going to die anyway!

So cheer up, and buck up, and make this summer that once in a life time journey to Yellowstone!

Profoundly put

And that's why I am having a little trouble with all this MSM news. (just like the Tampa airport airing)
I guess I'm not helping either (sorry) but I want to make people aware of what might be happening (a purposeful attempt at getting us and keeping us on edge for reasons you mentioned).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I think the BP disaster in the gulf of mexico is capable of causing an earthquake on the new madrid faultline and the yellowstone crater to erupt due to unbalanced pressures under the north american continent...especially if that oil pocket was as big as they hinted at...1 trillion gallons of oil!

BP, the american and british governments are at the very least criminally negligent and at most directly responsible for what happened. And oh...here is a little hollywood flick called *Knowing* ....just months before BP oil spill...and the 666 numerology!

Just another weird "coincidence"? I think not!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I realize Yellowstone gets mentioned every once in a while and the MSM talks about 'dooms-day' so.......I think this is in an attempt of getting us numb.
If they mention potentially dangerous situations often enough, we're going to get immune to it which, is already happening.

Contrast this bit of doom and gloom in the cited article:

The super-volcano beneath Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming has been rising at a record rate since 2004
..snip..
They said that the super-volcano underneath the Wyoming park has been rising at a record rate since 2004 - its floor has gone up three inches per year for the last three years alone, the fastest rate since records began in 1923.

With this bit, from another source:

The rate slowed between 2007 and 2010 to a centimeter a year or less. Still, since the start of the swelling, ground levels over the volcano have been raised by as much as 10 inches (25 centimeters) in places. (source)

So, for the past three years, one article says "three inches a year", the other (from a scientific source, I'll point out,) says a centimeter a year or less. Here's the abstract of the original source, which remarks that the surge has decreased in the past three years.

Okay fine. Maybe that's true but I think we're all in agreement, MSM is playing this up a LOT lately.

That, I have no disagreement with. "Dog Bites Man" sells no newspapers, "Man Bites Dog" is a different story.

So, who you gonna believe -- thems that sells papers, or thems that actually study such things?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join