It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out t

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
first thing that comes to mind for me, is ICELAND.. i know its complete far fetched but hmmm
is there any similarities between these two places ley lines or whatever?
i will have a look at that i think
if anyone is already doing that give me a msg

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Life is temporal and precarious at best, and as such many people are always looking for or at something that they imagine might bring about a doomsday.

Yet it should also be noted two very important aspects that morph out of this that is evidenced in history again and again. The more a population is prone to believe a 'realistic doomsday' scenario can and will happen, the more tyranical and harsh it's government regime is. Two that many religions including today's most popular ones all feature doomsday prophecies.

While the earth is millions of years old, few people live more than a hundred years. So when your time is up, your time is up. You were after all going to die anyway!

So cheer up, and buck up, and make this summer that once in a life time journey to Yellowstone!

Profoundly put

And that's why I am having a little trouble with all this MSM news. (just like the Tampa airport airing)
I guess I'm not helping either (sorry) but I want to make people aware of what might be happening (a purposeful attempt at getting us and keeping us on edge for reasons you mentioned).

The great news is that if you hadn't published this story someone else would have on ATS, whether it's someone who means well with a real passion or concern or just that endless quest for stars and flags some members go through, it would have gotten posted sooner or later.

Yet it should also be noted that the News Media is the modern day equivalent of the circuses in the Bread and Circuses the Empire has long used to entertain, distract and divide the citizens into a easier to manage some what satiated and often very confused mass.

Yet this being ATS it could have been even worse in that heaven forbid the Simpson's do an episode on Yellow Stone errupting and we would have a whole dedicated crew of people who look for hidden esoteric messages in Simpson Cartoons predicting the precise moment of erruption!

Yet the point is nothing distracts or makes so pliable the masses as fear does, the MSM serves it up constantly in fact if you actually listen to what they are saying you should be afraid of everything. Child Molestors kidnapping you children on the way to school, the chemicals in your favorite box of cereal, 10,000 ways they are sure you are at increased risk of cancer, terrorists that might strike at any time in any way in any place, conspiracy theorists and other assorted lunatics, and of course the earth itself going bang, swoosh or woosh on you at any time, because well the earth is prone to do that.

So it really is all about fear, media driven fear.

Fear as a distraction.

Fear as a form of confusion.

Fear as a form of drama.

Fears that almost always never, ever pan out for the person being extolled to fear.

Mean while, while we run around like so many chicken littles with their heads cut off, in the vacuum that creates we ave one of the most corrupt and war inspired governments the world has ever seen, armed with a range of weaponry the world really has never seen, doing in essence what ever it wants, which 9 out of 10 times is not only what we don't want, but has a detrimental impact on us.

Fear and fear of death is the anti-thesis to sex, sex sells, fear sells, and the day that they start pushing a sex based broadcast and intermixing it with fear we are all done for!

Oh wait, they all ready do,

"Says the bubble headed bleach blonde with a gleam in her eye"

Dirty Laundry, you just have to love it.

edit on 24/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is a really old article (ancient by internet standards), but from a good source! I just wanted to illustrate that opinions truly are like a-holes, everyone has one: www.newscientist.com...
It is about a religious cult, wanting to survive Armageddon – by buying land in Yellowstone National Park :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Doesn't have Anything to do with the EU then why was the European President there at it's grand opening?

The EU Observer said European Commission President Jose Barroso and Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg are scheduled to attend Tuesday's ribbon-cutting ceremony.

EU to open seed vault....

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

'At the beginning we were concerned it could be leading up to an eruption.’

But he added: ‘Once we saw the magma was at a depth of ten kilometres, we weren't so concerned.'

‘If it had been at depths of two or three kilometre we'd have been a lot more concerned.'

Yeah. So after all the hype and 'possibilities' throughout the 'article' we finally get the to the crux of the matter.

I think the 2 or 3 mile depth of lava for normal volcanoes is correct, but I wonder what depth lava needs to be at for a super volcano?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Who cares who was at the opening? Doesn't mean squat.

The Queen attends openings of Community Centres, but she certainly isn't involved in running, financing or planning of them!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

You would get a lot of gun toting Yanks heading your way..let the women know we well be on our way

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You have to admit the article makes it appear that the EU is involved in this project....

Title of Article:
"EU to open seed vault in Norway"

The Global Crop Diversity Trust is running this show.

BTW I'm not arguing against your points of view....But there is plenty of information that this is or was a EU project.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
.....I don't think Yosemite is the largest super volcano...but never the less I wouldn't be too worried until we see more earthquakes in the region. There have been an up tick in moderate earthquakes in southern Utah and CA Sierra Mtns. I'm am very surprised by the four 7.0+ quakes we have had so far this year. There was a peak of 22 last year...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by LDragonFire

Who cares who was at the opening? Doesn't mean squat.

The Queen attends openings of Community Centres, but she certainly isn't involved in running, financing or planning of them!

Or is she...? dum dum dum. It has been very well publicized on ATS that the Royal Family bought a bunch of stuff in Denver. Denver just so happens to be (in all probability) in the blast radius of Yellowstone.
Perhaps the Queen will also be present at the opening of the Yellowstone erruption.
Then you can say that we have a real conspiracy involving the Queen financing this whole project.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I could be wrong but I think the BP disaster in the gulf of mexico is capable of causing an earthquake on the new madrid faultline and the yellowstone crater to erupt due to unbalanced pressures under the north american continent...especially if that oil pocket was as big as they hinted at...1 trillion gallons of oil!

BP, the american and british governments are at the very least criminally negligent and at most directly responsible for what happened. And oh...here is a little hollywood flick called *Knowing* ....just months before BP oil spill...and the 666 numerology!

Just another weird "coincidence"? I think not!

Your lack of critical thinking skills just enrages me.
I feel like breaking something right now.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yellowstone is not going to blow anyway soon. There are members on this site that have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours studying Yellowstone inside and out, as can be seen by reading the ongoing Yellowstone thread www.abovetopsecret.com... that was started back on 28/12/08, and is now 644 pages long. The Yellowstone thread is what got me addicted to ATS, back in April of 2009. Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about Yellowstone is in that thread. And yes, I have read every page of it.

I think this article today is just scaremongering, and if you would have posted it in the Yellowstone thread, you would have already found out all the scientific reasons why Yellowstone is not going to blow anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Life is temporal and precarious at best, and as such many people are always looking for or at something that they imagine might bring about a doomsday.

Yet it should also be noted two very important aspects that morph out of this that is evidenced in history again and again. The more a population is prone to believe a 'realistic doomsday' scenario can and will happen, the more tyranical and harsh it's government regime is. Two that many religions including today's most popular ones all feature doomsday prophecies.

Yet this being ATS it could have been even worse in that heaven forbid the Simpson's do an episode on Yellow Stone errupting and we would have a whole dedicated crew of people who look for hidden esoteric messages in Simpson Cartoons predicting the precise moment of erruption!

Did you look at my second post with the video *knowing* and the 666 numerology on that letter nicholas cage was looking at? Isn't that "prophetic" in some evil-twisted way? I hate to disgree with you on this issue because otherwise you make a great point about FEAR and how the PTB use it to garner support based on lies, exaggerations, etc.

The PTB relly on occult symbology, not for the mainstream crowd, but for ilk of their own kind to signify events and what they mean. The world is strange, much stranger than we think and stranger than fiction for sure.

edit on 24-1-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed quote

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by muzzleflash

Lol that's awesome. I like the way you think. Smartest reply I've seen on ats in a long, long time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

I would give you 8796348765723 stars if I could. The insanity boggles the mind. Perhaps a little natural selection is, in fact, needed...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Care to explain your reasoning or do you just enjoy insulting people?

What I said was well thought out and the video I provided is factual!

Go pick on someone else...

---From pimpnododdy comments on youtube----

Illuminati just like 9/11 was iv got proof here - 9/11 was 111 days b4 the end off the year and the plane that crashed into the twin towers was flight 11 and the amount of ppl was on the plane was 11 ppl N the twin towers looks like a big 11 and it took 11 years to build the WTC AND... See More the oil spill was 111days after the start of the year and the amount off ppl who died on the oil rig was 11 people and the 20th of april when the oil spill happen witch is also Hitler's birthday

Just a few more "coincidences"..............but hell who cares, right?

edit on 24-1-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: youtube comments

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Care to explain your reasoning or do you just enjoy insulting people?

What I said was well thought out and the video I provided is factual!

Go pick on someone else...

You can't be serious? You stated an opinion, that BP may cause earthquakes on New Madrid? I say this with frustration, but respectfully - you need to educate yourself about earthquakes. You have the right to your opinions, but you are in dire need of factual information to be credible.

This is nonsense.

And the video is not factual. Its a Hollywood movie. One of my own favorites, yes, and I think the "coincidence" is trippy, but by no means factual.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Let's review shall we?

We have massive die-offs.
FEMA staging 'earthquake' drills this Spring/Summer
Magnetic Poles moving
Airports readjusting
Greenland & Arctic seeing Sunrise early
Land in Michigan heating up
GOM disaster causing an underwater volcano
and of course....2012 prophecies.

I realize Yellowstone gets mentioned every once in a while and the MSM talks about 'dooms-day' so.......I think this is in an attempt of getting us numb.
If they mention potentially dangerous situations often enough, we're going to get immune to it which, is already happening.

I've posted many different threads (all sort of related) to read that some people simply don't care because, there's nothing to worry about.

Okay fine. Maybe that's true but I think we're all in agreement, MSM is playing this up a LOT lately.

Human_Alien, I expect better from you. I've been following a number of your posts on ATS and usually find them interesting and well thought out. What happened???

Your "list to review" is just a mish-mash of the current hot topics, not an educated connection of events. I'm especially annoyed by the FEMA comment, but that's because the recent rations threads have gone off the deep end. FEMA plans for disasters. They coordinate response teams. This is their job. The current drill has been on the books since 2008. I posted loads of source info in the FEMA threads.

But I digress. MSM may play up the doomsday. They also share stories from AP, etc. and republish under their own headline (as in this case with the Daily Mail).

ATS and related sites would be so much more effective if we could ignore some of the noise (like this sort of article, i.e., your list to review) and instead have reasoned, educated, critically thought out discussions.

So there's my rant. I'll still follow your threads, and I might even send this link to my volcanologist dad for fun, but please please stop drawing lines between things without solid reasoning.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I thought I was the only one....LOL barhahahaha!!! yes this is his style. some of his stuff has some interesting material though

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
when it blows! it blows! its impossoble to put an excat timeline and prediciton on a volcano. thats like predicitng the weather 6000,000 years from now..what happens happens! nature is gunna do what it guna do regardless. when enough magma and pressure have built up at the right time under yellowstone, then it will happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
when it blows! it blows! its impossoble to put an excat timeline and prediciton on a volcano. thats like predicitng the weather 6000,000 years from now..what happens happens! nature is gunna do what it guna do regardless. when enough magma and pressure have built up at the right time under yellowstone, then it will happen.

Lol when enough magma and pressure have built up at the right time under yellowstone.
Have you ever seen a picture of a super computer? Those things can predict how much minerals are in water just by the weight vs volume. (Just making stuff up but it could happen)

It's not an easy task but it's predictable.

Anyways i'm glad you're on the east coast and since it's 2/3 of the USA you have nothing to worry about so therefore you can act like it doesn't matter. Typical American. Not you backyard? Then don't care about it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join