It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough times for men and women in blue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Tough times for men and women in blue

news.blogs.cnn.com

As police in Florida prepared for the funeral of two Miami-Dade County police officers gunned down in the line of duty, shots rang out Monday in St. Petersburg, on the other side of the state. Two other officers fell dead and a federal marshal was wounded. Follow updates on CNN and affiliate WFTS-TV.

On any given day, such violence against police officers would be disturbing. But the fatalities capped a particularly violent 24 hours in the United States for the men and women in blue. Eleven p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
11 US police officers shot in 24 hours. It has been a violent month here in the states. You have the police rounding up over one hundred gangsters in multiple states and we have multiple cops shot and some killed, many seem to be ambush style attacks.

We have shootouts at WalMart, we have a man walking into a Detroit police station and open fire. Of course we also have the violent attack and attempted political assassination in Arizona.

Last year in 2010 we saw the increase of police being killed rise almost 40%, and it seems it might be more than a fluke if Jan 2011 is any indication.

What do you think?

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: 11 not 10 officers shot

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Hmmm...I just posted this in two other threads.

I think it's been a tough 24 hours and a tough year so far.

www.odmp.org...
edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Also a tough time for minorities getting stomped by jackbooted thugs.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
V for Vendetta?
2nd line

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nougat420

Gee...does this count if the "jackbooted thug" is a black or Hispanic cop and stomps a white person? Please define minority

You know, it's statements like this that continue the hate. You think you're helping by saying this? Think again.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Gee...does this count if the "jackbooted thug" is a black or Hispanic cop and stomps a white person? Please define minority

You know, it's statements like this that continue the hate. You think you're helping by saying this? Think again.

My point was less about race and more about cops being jerks, but boo hoo either way.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Police organise how many murders a year, and they also organise gang stalking and my life proved it, in london. Its claimed on teh net the polcie are not involved in techs and gang stalking but they are and they know fully about these things. They also organise it.

I wonder how many murders the police have done in any country and it must be the worst out of any group.

Do you people know whats it like to have your life ruined forever by these people and you did nothing, while the police get away with murder.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well many must have overspent over Xmas and now find the bills comming in a bit too fast. All of this plus future uncertainties must be driving the already on edge people nuts.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Your "point" was hate.

There are a lot of races in this country and in law enforcement. Care to provide us with some statistics?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A few years ago when the economy first began tanking with the foreclosure crisis, one of my clients who had long worked in the car business thought it might be a good time for a career change.

So he approached his Father-in-law who is a captain in the Miami-Dade Police Department and asked him if he would help him get on the Police Force.

His Father-in-law laughed at him and told he was nuts, that the disparity between the have and have nots in the world was growing by leaps and bounds and he and other long time law enforcement officers felt that their's would become an increasingly dangerous job in the months and years ahead as the poverty gap continues to grow, in theory leading more and more people to crime, and desperate crimes.

10-20-Life and 3 Strike laws, in several states have likewise added to the dangers of Police work as people living in States with such laws, that have been convicted previously of two major felonies, know that third conviction will send them to jail for life with no possibility of every being paroled. As a result more and more criminals who fall into that category have become more willing to shoot it out with police knowing that it's likely their only chance to avoid incarceration for life, if they can somehow escape being arrested in the process.

The murder of the two Miami-Dade Police Officers last week could in fact be best described as death by suicide, as the mortally wounded young felon told his mother in his dying words "Mom they were going to kill me anyway". In this case the young man felt certain he would be looking at the death penalty for the murder charge that they were trying to apprehend him to prosecute.

So in reality with a bad economy and a poor job market crime is on the upswing, that is not something police can cure, curtail or change, only more jobs and more responsible corporations that often monopolize job opportunties can.

While 10-20-Life and Three Strikes and You Are Out Laws vary from State to State amongst the States that have them, with some requiring each crime be a major felony and involve the use of a gun some way, and some states simply requiring it be three major felonies with or without a gun or violence involved, those states employing versions of the law that don't difientriate violent felonies and violent felonies in their laws might want to rethink them, as in some states a person convicted 2 times previously for selling marijuana and never used a gun or committed a violent act, now as a result of his two previous convictions and his state's law, might decide to become armed, if only because it will be his only avenue of escaping life time incarceration if he can successfully defend his freedom by defending himself from the cops.

The truth is that often when these trajedies happen it's seen through the emotional prism of "Our heroic Police Officers put their lives on the line for us".

But the truth is most crime is the result of socio-economic conditions that are rarely discussed or addressed.

Special Interest Groups in particular love exploiting these tragedies for political gain, but the solutions they typically look for such as more or stricter gun control are placebos that don't work, as criminals don't typically acquire their guns legally because they are felons and can not pass the background checks.

Minimizing and eliminating the hazaards people in law enforcement volunteer to get paid to face can really only be accomplished through addressing the much harder to quantify and solve social/economic conditions and education system so that crime is not an attractive alternative for the would be criminal, because legally there exist realistically much better alternatives.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another story...same subject...Police fear 'war on cops'

"It's not a fluke," said Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
IT'S BEEN A ROUGH TIME FOR MEN & WOMEN OF COLOR FOR WAAAAAY LONGER!
NO SYMPATHY FOR THESE PIGS!
IT'S CALLED JUSTICE!
Ever heard of it?

Woop-woop!
That's the sound of da police!
Woop-woop!
That's the sound of the beast!

Stand clear! Don man a-talk
You can't stand where I stand, you can't walk where I walk
Watch out! We run New York
Police man come, we bust him out the park
I know this for a fact, you don't like how I act
You claim I'm sellin' crack
But you be doin' that
I'd rather say "see ya"
Cause I would never be ya
Be a officer? You WICKED overseer!
Ya hotshot, wanna get props and be a saviour
First show a little respect, change your behavior
Change your attitude, change your plan
There could never really be justice on stolen land
Are you really for peace and equality?
Or when my car is hooked up, you know you wanna follow me
Your laws are minimal
Cause you won't even think about lookin' at the real criminal
This has got to cease
Cause we be getting HYPED to the sound of da police!

Woop-woop!
Woop-woop!

Now here's a likkle truth
Open up your eye
While you're checking out the boom-bap, check the exercise
Take the word "overseer," like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crew for example
Overseer
Overseer
Overseer
Overseer
Officer, Officer, Officer, Officer!
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity?
Check the similarity!
The overseer rode around the plantation
The officer is off patroling all the nation
The overseer could stop you what you're doing
The officer will pull you over just when he's pursuing
The overseer had the right to get ill
And if you fought back, the overseer had the right to kill
The officer has the right to arrest
And if you fight back they put a hole in your chest!
(Woop!) They both ride horses
After 400 years, I've _got_ no choices!
The police them have a little gun
So when I'm on the streets, I walk around with a bigger one
(Woop-woop!) I hear it all day
Just so they can run the light and be upon their way

Woop-woop!
Woop-woop!

Check out the message in a rough stylee
The real criminals are the C-O-P
You check for undercover and the one PD
But just a mere Black man, them want check me
Them check out me car for it shine like the sun
But them jealous or them vexed cause them can't afford one
Black people still slaves up til today
But the Black police officer nah see it that way
Him want a salary
Him want it
So he put on a badge and kill people for it
My grandfather had to deal with the cops
My great-grandfather dealt with the cops
My GREAT grandfather had to deal with the cops
And then my great, great, great, great... when it's gonna stop?!

Woop-woop!
Woop-woop!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

"It's not a fluke," said Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."

Part of it may be the perception among citizens that the police are at war with us.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Warning: generalizations ahead.

Because people are sick of their crap. Period.

Not to mention the cop mentality of people--in general--as the enemy/suspects instead of citizens, the perception of "war on cops" stems from them consciously putting themselves in the position of authoritative automaton instead of fellow citizen/peace officer. When they constantly act and conduct themselves like storm troopers, the general populace feels threatened, harassed, and "warred on" itself. And when they think they are better than the average citizens, their arrogance and pretentiousness help create this tension and the perception that they are less than welcome.

This does not, however, speak to the fact that violent criminals seem increasingly willing to take out a few LEOs. I just do not understand why when a cop gets shot (or wrecks) the world has to stop (purposeful exaggeration), as if they were more important than everyone else (which they probably think they are anyway).

But that's just my perspective.
*shrug*

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
mark my words,
there will come a day when cops no longer
work the streets. They will be replaced
with military units with M-16's instead
of regular issued 9-mm. Then you will
know what it feels like to live in Iraq
or Afghan.

For every threat TPTB face,
they up the ante with a counter.

We may quickly be falling into anarchy,
don't be surprised when jackboots
hit your street. When the jackboots
hit your street, that's when the real
atrocities begin.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

And why would they think that? Don't tell me. Police brutality. Police state.

Sure...that's it...don;t apply any logic or sanity. Play right into the hands of TPTB and start shooting more cops.

That'll help.

reply to post by Liquesence

Perspective is good. They constantly do this? Okay. All of them? Okay...even if they are all storm troopers constantly pushing their authority on you, is the really answer is to wage a war on cops? Shoot them?

The world has to stop? Really? You know who it stops for the hardest, don't you? Thought so.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah...people need to be careful what they wish for. TPTB I'm sure want to bust the pesky local and state LE unions and get rid of those pensions and replace them with privatized and maybe even federalized private police contractors (you know, like they did soldiers with private military contractors). They think cops are annoying now?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

11 US police officers shot in 24 hours. It has been a violent month here in the states.

Yeah, how's that 2nd amendment going. Freedom's great isn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well, if more police were actually out in the communities patrolling, getting to know the citizens with-in the community, instead of hiding behind a bush with a radar gun to generate revenue, I think they would get more respect.

People know we live in a police state, I have had my truck broken into twice, and both times, police were DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET talking amongst themselves, because I lived across the street from a court house, they didnt see the "perp" smashing my truck window to look for tools or equipment.

But god forbid if i dont make a complete stop in the middle of nowhere at a red light, ill be getting a %$##$%$#% ticket in the mail, so they can generate revenue, FOR WHAT>@!>

I guarantee you, if I wanted to buy heroin, or coccaine, I could easily go into the city, and within 15 minutes, get it and get out without ever seeing a cop, If its so easy for me to find drugs, why cant they!??!?!

IT IS INFURIATING!~

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join