It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough times for men and women in blue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So basically, hard times for everybody = shorter fuses all around and good luck to us all.

Great post.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
mark my words, there will come a day when cops no longer work the streets. They will be replaced with military units with M-16's instead of regular issued 9-mm. Then you will know what it feels like to live in Iraq or Afghan.

Hmm, isn't it about time the U.S. populous suffered a bit of it's own medicine and realised what damage it is and has done to the rest of the world over the years? Your prediction would indeed be just another day in the life one of those countries...all in the name of "defence".

Good luck.
edit on 24/1/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
But god forbid if i dont make a complete stop in the middle of nowhere at a red light, ill be getting a %$##$%$#% ticket in the mail, so they can generate revenue, FOR WHAT>@!>

Donuts...lots of donuts.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes, the PTB know they are gonna loose a few good officers, in the process of sliding the counter up a notch at a time, till those jacboots can be heard across amerika.
Dont the LEOs KNOW that THEY too are just pawns in a deadly game of escalation which wont stop till there is radical social upheaval, and martial law for the solution?
The truth is, that whether you are in the streets or in law enforcement, we are all being herded through the social engineering agendas of an elite corporate gang of mobsters?
The cops will shoot faster now, and empathise that much less with the citizens they are sworn to serve.
The criminals will shoot it out because they have little or nothing left to loose.
The citizens will also arm themselves as best they can against predations real or percieved.
The whole social fabric is tightened to unbearable strain,till it boils over into the proper excuse to trot out the army.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

There ya go...get at the root causes and fix them, The local and even state forces might soon be a thing of the past...so support them in getting some of that higher up political corruption and bs tasks that focus on revenue generating.

They're only as good as their leadership, and if their leadership is too busy playing politics of on the doll, that frame of mind and corruption and even just plain old bad habits are going to trickle down. Attacking them for things that just as often as not are out of their control certainly doesn't put the proper light on the root causes.

It's really pretty alarming that so many people actually seem happy about this or actually seem to be advocating that shooting cops is the answer, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I weep sometimes. No one should have to die doing a job. So I weep again. Glad I won't be around much longer.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The criminals will shoot it out because they have little or nothing left to loose.

that statement is the key to it all.

a slave has nothing left to lose.

And they are beginning to wake up
to their own slavery.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Big deal, no sympathy here. Tough times are here for most people.

The solution is to get rid of police, period.(as in do away with police as a profession, not kill them do away with them, must delineate that for the spooks reading this, ) On the whole they do more harm than good, and suck precious funds that could be used for the common good of all people.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Interesting thought. I'd love to hear more about this.

Get rid of the police and call who when some drunk t-bones your car in the middle of the night?

Get rid of the police and call who when your child is missing?

Do you really believe we don't need them at all? Not for anything?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
terrorist, gangsters, and the police

***Warning Graphic Language*****

I don't fault the police, because the people that run em have a very short leash.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes, i was generalizing. That was the first thing i said, too. I know the faulty logic in saying "all of them" "all the time" "constantly," and the like, but i was making a point of generalizing--to the whole, which i successfully did. And i am not going to take the energy to write a convoluted reply the takes every probable action, method, and possibility into account simply for technical or logical accuracy. I stand by--own--what i say as an accurate generalization that is applicable to the police force as a whole.

As far as shooting cops, i NEVER said i condoned or advocated such a thing, nor did i say it was the answer to anything, so please do not misinterpret my statement with inaccurate inferences, whether they are intentional or not. I said the perception of them being warred against (violently or not) is in large part how they conduct themselves with average citizens. But people do need to stand up to them (nonviolently) lest they abuse their power even more to the point where they are even more out of control (this applies to the government in general, as well). Allowing something that is unjust to continue paves the way for future injustice, since nothing is done to challenge and/or prevent it. As long as people sit back and allow certain things to happen, they will lose more and more of what they have, and they will be taken advantage of, just as has happened in the past when people where either too lazy, afraid, ignorant, or indifferent to do anything to change the direction under which they found themselves. One can not sit idly by and allow injustice--or anything else negative--to happen.

Lastly, i also mentioned that stopping the world was an exaggeration, which is based upon my own perception. The coverage when an officer is shot, in a wreck, or there is a funeral, the media act like the world has stopped, and they cover what happened to this *heroic* officer of the law who was harmed or killed in the line of respectable duty as if somehow he or she were superior to the average citizen ...
They are NOT superior or more important anyone else.

The way a shooting of a cop--or a cop involved in a wreck--is covered versus the same happening to an average citizen makes no sense to me. As if they were more special...

But by picking on nuances versus substantive issues, i really don't expect this debate to go too far.

*shrug*

edit on 24-1-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yes, you generalized, but you warned us.

And I never implied that you said to shoot them. Please read again. That was a rhetorical question, not a question to you.

There's no debate here. Just opinions. I don't disagree with what I didn't address in your prior post.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Get rid of the police and call who when some drunk t-bones your car in the middle of the night?

Privitized police services, working for the people who pay them directly, not government enforcement thugs, working against the people, paid for by the people against their will.

This has been implemented in a couple of states and has been much more effective.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine

Privitized police services, working for the people who pay them directly, not government enforcement thugs, working against the people, paid for by the people against their will.

This has been implemented in a couple of states and has been much more effective.

There is a lot of truth to what you have said and one need look no further to Bounty Hunters and Bail Bondsmen to see a very effective and very private apprehension of ciminals taking place.

Constitutionally the Bails Bondsmen and the Bounty Hunter have more lattitude and freedoms in the pursuit of a criminal than any law enforcement agent.

They typically will 'get their man' and in relatively short order, and unlike the police who will often respond by saying "there is little to no chance we are going to find the person who stole your penny jar", the Private Detective will pursue it to the ends of the earth.

Now I know what most of you are going to say, "But proto what about the people who can't afford to hire someone" well, you might want to keep in mind 40 to 50% of your income goes to taxes where about the only thing you see in return for it are roads and police. Up to another 20% of your income goes into 'insurance pools' for events that often never even happen to where you need that pool of money maintained by an insurer for a large 'what if' cost.

So by reducing taxes and offering yet another form of insurance 'law enforcment/private detective' in the unlikely event you really need an armed investigator to do something other than give you a code violation to suck up more of the little bit of money you have left, you could turn to your insurance.

Speaking of which Insurance companies already carry their own Private Investigators because they themselves do not see the Police as an efficient or thorough force when it comes to protecting their own needs.

I have nothing personally against any individual law enforcement officers, but they are in all reality armed henchmen of the state, and the large bulk of their duties goes to serving and protecting the state in it's quest to rule and profit, and control not to protecting and serving the citizens.

In fact the most common justification you will see for police is the fear based argument of "What would we do if there were no police"...gee only one way to find out, and in reality people likely would get along better and be served better with out them, once the people were responsible for their own solutions instead of letting the State decide what's right for the State really ought to be right for the people too, when in fact it often isn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Since sometimes rhetoric and sarcasm don't translate very well online, i felt the need to clarify, even though i can't see that the rhetorical question and overall response adequately addressed the issue of which i was speaking, other than sarcasm, which doesn't help very much either.

In general, though, i respect (and generally agree with) your posts and your perspectives. I felt you were nit-picking on this one, though, for the sake of argument.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Do you have any links about the positives of this privatization and in which states? The prospect of a privatized police force kinda irks me, simple because it is privatized.

And who exactly would they be working for and what would they be enforcing? The same laws as currently on the books? Working for the private companies who hire them, and not being paid by tax rev? Private companies function on capitalism, and a company that works for profit seems just as susceptible (if not more) to corruption as a government agency--because of the money.

When one sees how--and for what--private companies work, in general, I don't see how this would be better or less corrupt. Enlighten me, please, i am having a hard time understanding...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

In eveery rich "gated community" their is a privately hired police force protecting the rich people. They are not stupid enough to depend on the police. A great deal of them have their own personal body guards as well. That should tell people something right there lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Do you have any links about the positives of this privatization and in which states? The prospect of a privatized police force kinda irks me, simple because it is privatized.

And who exactly would they be working for and what would they be enforcing? The same laws as currently on the books? Working for the private companies who hire them, and not being paid by tax rev? Private companies function on capitalism, and a company that works for profit seems just as susceptible (if not more) to corruption as a government agency--because of the money.

When one sees how--and for what--private companies work, in general, I don't see how this would be better or less corrupt. Enlighten me, please, i am having a hard time understanding...

read The American System of Criminal Justice By George Cole & Christopher Smith, it has some good info on success stories and duties of private police forces.

Money is involved in both systems, the only difference being one is an open transfer from you to them with the option of withdrawing pay if you arent satisfied by their service and switching to another service vs one monopoly run by under the table transactions and used for the benefit of other people. Do I want millions being spent to protect the G20? I sure dont, but do I get a choice in it? nope. The police who should be patrolling our streets and keeping us safe are too busy protecting the elite by their thousands. How do you think it could be possibly worse?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i know it really must suck to be a cop in these times of public unrest. its too bad we cant all just get along, but under these conditions with pressures mounting on both sides, i have to say...BLUE HOO

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well who was called before police forces existed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join