It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is NOT under Islamic control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm getting very fed up with hearing people on this board, mostly Americans, making claims like 'The UK is under Islamic control', 'Look at what is happening in the UK with Muslims', 'Muslims and Sharia Law are taking over the UK' etc etc.

None of these are true. People making these comments have more than likely never been here or experienced living here.

In the UK, Islamophobia and general mistrust of Asian communities have become commonplace more and more since 9/11 and 7/7. It now seems to be almost socially acceptable in this country, and in the US, for white non-muslims to rant about the entire religion of Islam. It has to stop. The country is grasping at media-fed lies and manipulation with both hands and eating it right up.

The only thing i noticed about the UK going downhill recently is nothing to do with Muslims. There seems to be an increase in biggoted, Daily Mail reading, untolerant, illogical people who now seem to be actually encouraged by the media to spout their baseless viewpoints about 'how the Muslims are taking over'. I hear more and more people voicing racist opinions openly and getting away with it. We are all being brainwashed to fight amongst ourselves. Divide and conquer remember?

One of the largest misconceptions is the whole 'Sharia Law is taking over the UK' lie. Only those that have never read into what Sharia law is and how it is applies here would fear it. Ooooooohhh someone needs a divorce.......so scary. The truth is we have many religious courts for many religions dealing in marriage, divorce, business matters, civil matters etc. But all of a sudden there's outrage over one religion doing it. If you believe Sharia Law = stoning, whippings and mistreatment of women, please go contact a Sharia court and spend a day with them to see what it's really all about.

Some areas do have issues, like Birmingham. But being mistrustful and tarring all Muslims with the same brush is making issues worse not better. I lived in the mostly Muslim area of Glasgow for 5 years (85% Asian Muslim) and had no issued at all. It was safer than most other areas of Glasgow. People called that a 'no-go area'. Serioulsy i walked through there myself, a girl of only 19, late at night with no issues. I wouldn't even walk through the posh west end of Glasgow by myself after 8pm!

So why is Pollockshields in Glasgow well integrated and areas or Birmingham are not? Could it be anything to do with the way they are viewed/treated/looked upon by non-Muslims in the local area? What can we do to improve integration and lower mistrust? These are the type of questions we need to be asking.

If you ask me what the REAL problem is in the UK it's neds/chavs. I'm much more likely to be stabbed or assaulted by a ned that blown up by a Muslim any day. The stats speak for themselves. In Glasgow 2008-9 there where 2193 hospital beds taking up by stabbing in one year. Thats 6 a day getting stabbed!!! Just in one city!! Number of people hurt or killed by Muslim extremism = 0. So where is my EDL protecting me from these people? Where are the people saying that these groups in society cause a high percentage of crime and should be dealt with? Where is the media outrage?

Oh i forgot, these crimes are caused by white mostly non-denominational Brits so aren't as important. Move along nothing to see here.

/rant over

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yeah switch one ethnic group out with another...now we're getting somewhere...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

but you are. but let me add insult to america, we are close to being under islamic control also. recently a muslim man beheaded his wife because he thought she cheated on him. Know he will probably get life in jail, but had this been a non muslim he would get the death penalty. Also in california in the fresno public schools Islam is being forced as a curriculum course onto the students, and they cannot pray in a christian style...so yes america is directly behind the UK.
Although I tell you this, if they start bombing our schools, malls and public places, I quarantee we wont just sit their and let it continue....I know for a fact it would be certain drastic cause and effect on them.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
couldnt agree more....its funny as hell reading about the islamification of the uk...mainly from the edl.....mass hysteria me thinks........lol......

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well said OP.

Being honest the ONLY people who tend to think this way, tend to be Americans who believe we have street cameras on every corner and that we all bow down to sharia law.

As you mentioned chavs and louts are more of a problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
America this America that. Are any of you capable of accepting your own Countries downfalls and stop blaming the U.S for your own screwed up Government?
You are becoming a Islamic dominant Country. That is your Governments fault not ours.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
" for white non-muslims "

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
" for white non-muslims "

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

UK has islaimcs bombing quit often, and you say it isnt happening????

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by Nammu

UK has islaimcs bombing quit often, and you say it isnt happening????

There's a HUGE difference between some idiot terrorist attempting to bomb somewhere, and that same place being under control.

Terrorism DIDN'T start on 9/11.

Us Brits have been dealing with terrorists for years and years and years.

We are not under Islamic control, nor are we under Irish control.

grow up.

link   
I agree with the OP, we in the UK dont live under Islamic control and never will. People in the Uk are turning away from religion in record numbers. Why would those who have turned their backs on religion change their minds and join a religion they dont believe in?

We are also accused of being a surveillance society, which again is a massive exaggeration. Take the case of the recent murder of Jo Yeates. If we had cameras tracking our every move, it wouldnt have taken the police nearly a month to find the killer. Jo was caught on video camera, but only in private establishments like the shop and bank.

It's far too easy to make knee jerk reactions on the state of our society, given the way our media likes to portray reality.
edit on 24-1-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
America this America that. Are any of you capable of accepting your own Countries downfalls and stop blaming the U.S for your own screwed up Government?
You are becoming a Islamic dominant Country. That is your Governments fault not ours.

Any proof besides your rabid nonsense?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

When they take over a country they attack at will until their religous agenda is met, then they slaughter at will until they convert most the population...O wait you already haev a dominant islaimc society.
Listen young jedi, I am older then you by years and years, maybe even decades. Im more aware of reality then you wish to be. We amricans are nto harrassing you for your islamic take over. We see your situation and know what we WILL do here when they "THINK" they can start bombing our public places....kinda take it like this, you are our examples of what to do when it hits our homes...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

When they take over a country they attack at will until their religous agenda is met, then they slaughter at will until they convert most the population...O wait you already haev a dominant islaimc society.
Listen young jedi, I am older then you by years and years, maybe even decades. Im more aware of reality then you wish to be. We amricans are nto harrassing you for your islamic take over. We see your situation and know what we WILL do here when they "THINK" they can start bombing our public places....kinda take it like this, you are our examples of what to do when it hits our homes...

I take it you have been to England and have studied the populace and history? I have been here for the last 32 years and dont recognize the situation you are painting. So please tell me you are making your judgements from experience rather than Youtube videos.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

First of all. You have no idea how old I am.

Secondly your spelling atrocious. If you're going to attempt to patronise me, get a few things straight:

Learn how to spell (since you're older and have obviously got far more life experience than me), stop pretending you have any idea of what life in the UK is like, when you obviously don't as you wouldn't be spouting such crap. Your obnoxious attitude contributes nothing and I vaguely suspect you of trolling and looking for a reaction.

The UK will not bow to Islamic fundamentalism, much in the same way no other race or religion will ever take hold of the UK.

You may think you have an idea, but the truth is you are simply regurgitating Americanised media, without any shed of proof or research.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
S+F OP,spot on mate,ive no idea where this under islamic control thing came from,totaly ludicrous and yeah i agree chavs/charvas(never heard of a ned,i imagine its the same as a chav
) are the biggest problem in this country,knifecrime is commonplace now!
edit on 24/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well said OP, we're not under any sort of Islamic law in this country, nor will we ever be. Ludicrous, quite backwards thinking EDL types think we are. But they're reactionary fools who hold no credence what so ever. So they can be safely ignored for starters.

It'ss just a case of inflamatory, reactionary idiots, who read the daily mail and the sun, and that is where they get their world view from. That is all they have ever known, and all they ever will know. Willfully ignorant to the extreme, they are as bad as the Islamic fundamentalists, and they can't even see what they spout as extremism. (as they are so freaking stupid)

And for those who think that terrorism starts and stops at Islam, it may supprise you to learn that in 2009, out of the 295 terrorsim related events in Europe. 1, yes, 1, was related in to Islam.
www.vancouversun.com...

We are not under attack, the muslim community aren't trying to take over the UK (or the world) and i do wish the kneejerk reacion crew would get a clue before the involentary muscle reactions kick in.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

It is quiet odd that people believe such idiocy in the first place, but then again, I'll repeat, it all has to do with hate and fear.

When hate and fear mix, you loose your freedom. Funny how US and UK blame the loss of their freedoms on Muslim, when the actual cause is fear and hate, which those same bastards spread, with their corrupt deceitful politicians they voted for.

How about don't vote for one election, all of you, let's see what happens.

Anyways, I agree completely that terrorism is very small compared to other violent actions but, terrorism is magnified to spread fear and hate towards a common enemy to unite a nation. The product of hate and terrorism is fascism, look at Nazi Germany for example.

You can use the media to magnify any death cause by any scenario. For example let's take car crashes, it has killed 1000 times more people in America in 2010 than terrorism. That speaks for itself, but the media doesn't magnify the issue, therefore it is not an issue. If the media magnifies the issue, trust me, you would want to ban cars by next year. Brainwashing works, whether you admit it or not.
edit on 24-1-2011 by reatarded because: extra

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I am not amazed by the conduct of the EDL when you consider some of the ultra right elements therein. I am not amazed by the fundamentalist Moslems as they are well dumb idiots.

I wonder about this American hysteria. “5 years ago I lived in Mission in SF before it got yuppiefied and people were terrified that I was going to have criminals doing everything to me. Of course nothing happened.

To be fair tp my fellow Americans I think that 9/11 was a trauma. It traumatised me and I was in the UK at the time. It was horrible to see it un the news and damn near unbelievable.

Britain will never become a Moslem country. Britain is very tolerant but tolerance is only so far. Sharia law can be practiced within a community IMHO but moslems are still going to crown court for major issues! I cannot see how Moslems can subvert centuries of common law for their own ends…

There is Islamic banking in the few Islamic banks Who care?? It may be a more stable system than the bankster’s party we have had since Big bang happened in the city when we threw the regulations OUT OF THE WINDOW!

I think many Americans seek to provide the UK with leadership on the Islamic problem and build a united front. Too bad they use hyperbole as a standard debating tool.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Yes all true. And this fearfulness is doing the work of the fundamentalists. It is all psychological warfare. This is the reason why I always point out that they will never win. Why does anyone think that they are called "Terrorists"!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join