It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush Administration Looking to Make Law Stopping Elections.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   


U.S. counterterrorism officials are looking at an emergency proposal on the legal steps needed to postpone the presidential election in case of such an attack, Newsweek reported on Sunday.


Personally, I don't care if half the US just got nuked... you do not delay, postpone, or suspend the democratic process.

I am a republican that is disgusted at what Bush has done to this country.

And on top of the Patriot Act revoking the bill of rights now he wants to pass laws that keep him in power in the event of an attack on the US? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't elections go through on time durring WW2?

Who exactly are the freedom hating people in this world? I for one would rather die fighting for a FREE AND DEMOCRACTIC United States than be save from terrorist. If I died in a terrorist act a free man, i died happy.

How does this man have support when he cut's the pay of American Troops, Revokes our freedoms, and now wants to beable to delay democracy.

I do not like Kerry, but he has my vote in November because I'd rather live in a liberal US under the contitution than a conservative state that butched the intent.

Source




posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All of this is playing right into the hands of the Hegelian Dialectic.

First you intentionally create a problem (Terrorism during the elections).
After that, opposition to this problem is created (extension of Bush's term).
Next, you create a desired result as a solution (modify the US Constitution).

There you have it, carte blanche.

I hope I'm wrong on this, though.


NVBadBoy



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Bush probably thinks his "War on Terrorism" is one of the greatest wars ever (even measuring up to WW2). Why? He's hoping for a draft and now he's hoping for a longer term in office. Sounds like the luxuries FDR enjoyed while in office.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
Bush probably thinks his "War on Terrorism" is one of the greatest wars ever (even measuring up to WW2). Why? He's hoping for a draft and now he's hoping for a longer term in office. Sounds like the luxuries FDR enjoyed while in office.


hey, now that you bring that up the Department of Homeland Security is the biggest expansion of the federal government in 50 years, since WW2 actually when the Department of Defense was created. You hit it right on the button.

Yea, this is a set-up, the laws are already written, so that next time something big happens, all these bills will be pushed through while we are focused on what happened.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry, but you've been scooped... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many of us called this a while back, and nobody believed us. I wish we were wrong on this one, though...I never wanted to be able to say "I told you so" about this.

To vote for Kerry, because you don't like Bush, makes no sense. Kerry is not the lesser of two evils, he's the same evils with a different face. Do yourself a favor and check out the other candidates running for President. If you are normally Republican, you may find Libertarian candidate, Michael Badnarik, to be a better fit. If you fear wasting your vote on someone who won't win, consider this:
If you were about to be executed and you had a 45% chance of death by lethal injection, 50% chance of death by electrocution, and only a 5% chance of escape, would you vote for the electric chair because it had the best odds?

[edit on 11-7-2004 by jezebel]



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is not going to happened, first his going to get his own party members against it, then some members of his administrations that do not agree will resign and he will have to get approval from congress, and Kerry is going to take advantage of all this to point our bushes hidden agenda, I give more credit to the American public, I have met many republicans that are very disappointed of the way this president is behaving.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Damn..i would vote for Kerry though i think he's an idiot...but i cant vote



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh, here we go again making something out of nothing. There has to be a backup plan under the circumstances.

Nobody running for office every wants to extend silly season. It's all you can do to make it to November, and by then you don't even give a if you win or you lose you just want it over.

Granted, running for President may be an exception, but no one else is gonna stand for it unless it is a state of emergency.


Further Edit: Excuse me, I forgot you have to state the obivous around here. If it is a state of emergency what else can you do? And, if anyone is gonna try to say Kerry could be assisnated, well, there are provisions for that unless they take out the whole ticket, and then the Bush Admin would have to worry about the sympathy vote hurting him. There is such a thing and it does have an impact.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Relentless]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Relentless]



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
US is a big country with a lot of people how the government is going to stop anarchy and chaos that obviously will come from people that oppose this government after something like stopping democracy, people in US are not going to fight his own people, so national guard, military and police is out of the question, we are all Americans.

The riots alone will be unbelievable, and the ones taking advantage of the situation I can not even start to imagine. I don't think the republican party can afford to have something like this happening.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Considering the momentum, Kerry and Edwards are building, and the deeper hole Iraq invasion is slipping into. There is no better way to stay in power than to start another war or stage a major terror attack to suspend election.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Covered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add your thoughts to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join