It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists downplay panic as Yellowstone bulges 10 inches

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
FINALLY SOME DOOM WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Rejoice DOOMERS soon, SOON I tell you, the hounds of Hell shall rain their plan of total destruction down upon us!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thanks for everyone's input on this thread. However it was moved to "Skunk Works". I've written a complaint and here's the text:

This thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was moved to Skunk Works because it was claimed that the news source was not legitimate. However I also linked to a National Geographic article in both the first and second pages that directly related to the Before It's News article and actually WAS the source for the BIN article. Here's the link:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

I REALLY think this thread should be moved back; if not to breaking alternative then at least to Fragile Earth. I appreciate your time at taking a look at this.

----
This news source IS LEGITIMATE (National Geographic) and obviously we need to pay very close attention to this situation. Yellowstone is overdue for an eruption and a BIN and National Geographic article speculating that we must pay more attention to this supervolcano should NOT be in Skunk Works.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
When a super volcano takes a big breath, its time to pay a little more attention,

I'll be watching this thread to see if anything more comes of this.

Yeah, because if something major happens at yellowstone you wouldn't hear about it anywhere else......

(and don't say the MSM can cover up an eruption 1000 times bigger than Mt. St. Helen, lol)

That said, hasn't yellowstone been bulging for awhile now?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I must say I'm impressed with your fortitude and resolve. Definetly like your humor.
The forum change shouldn't be a big deal really

edit on 22-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I bet nothing is going to happen in our lifetime.
You always think of the worse, but the worse never happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live very close to Yellowstone and keep a monthly update on the Earthquake activity,Ground Deformation Summary. Analysis of the Yellowstone GPS data shows that the period of accelerated Yellowstone caldera uplift, beginning in 2004,( has decreased)
Update:USGS

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW #1205-01-) 44°25'48" N 110°40'12" W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m) Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN During the month of December 2010, 80 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest was a magnitude 2.3 event on December 27 at 11:36 PM MST, located about 22 miles east southeast of West Thumb, YNP. This earthquake was part of a small earthquake swarm that occurred December 27 - 28. The swarm consisted of 12 events with magnitudes 2.3 to 0.4. Earthquake activity continues at background levels.

All these facts can be verified by independent resources.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
I bet nothing is going to happen in our lifetime.
You always think of the worse, but the worse never happens.

And I think you draw a fair conclusion, however, Yellowstone is overdue for a catastrophic eruption that would demolish our way of life, and in that sense I think we need to pay special attention to it.

Here's some linkage to back that up:

BBC

Three super-eruptions at Yellowstone appear to have occurred on a 600,000-700,000 year cycle starting 2.1 million years ago. The most recent took place 640,000 years ago – suggesting Yellowstone is overdue for an eruption.

The bottom line is we need to be aware and awake in regards to the threat that Yellowstone poses. It may not go off during our lifetime; but if it does; how would you feel if you were the one that was "whistling past the graveyard"?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts and observations in this earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join