It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Chill Advisory Warns Of Possible 40-below Overnight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

hahah aye well we should be used ti it by now....weather here is sh**e!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You know - it's wierd, I get those same blasted headaches. I can predict a storm 4 days out - ppl always ask me in the winter do you have a headache Anmaire ---- but you know what - cd, i found that I have now separated my headaches - i actually have the dreaded storm coming headaches but, also - on the other side of my head a major quake headache. I put it all together when the thread came up on alternative methods - -

And, to stay on topic - we are expecting -5F tomorrow night - have 18F now --- cold but still haven't dug in below zero yet this winter. (that will come tomorrow and and -- the day after tomorrow
) Yes, winter weather and it's snowing and we are expecting 8" of snow tonight.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Thanks for sharing - lately my headaches been worse and more frequent. They even remain after a storm or weather front has passed. I can believe you experience earthquake headaches, I experienced anxiety before one would occur when I lived on the West coast. I would get anxious for no reason and would feel very negative and then a quake would occur anywhere within a 200 mile range.

I certainly hope your earthquake headaches are rare at this time but please do let us know what you feel.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I'm in Des Moines Iowa and it will be -15 tonight. This is absolutely normal for this time of year. Luckily the temp will be that low for a few days, and then we'll be back in the teens and 20's. I'm glad I dont live any further North.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveyourlife

I'm in Des Moines Iowa and it will be -15 tonight. This is absolutely normal for this time of year. Luckily the temp will be that low for a few days, and then we'll be back in the teens and 20's. I'm glad I dont live any further North.

most people in the north country used to live on farms, and it was the norm for people to tie ropes between the house and the barn back in those days, in order to not get lost in a blizzard when walking between the two. As soon as the wind would hit 30 mph, may as well be a whiteout.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Here in southern Indiana a few years back 6 or 8…. I forget…. There was a few nights where it hit 20 below. That is actual temp, not including wind chill.

I remember that because we had a mercury vapor light on the end of the building on a switch. The mercury vapor light was rated to start at -20F. The night before, it got down to -17F and I tried it, it worked. The next night, I was working down at the building at about this time. I walked out the back door and checked the thermometer, it showed right at -20F. So, for the fun of it, I tried to turn on the light out back. It did NOT come on. Dang close, but no cigar……. It just couldn’t handle -20

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

They're expecting temperatures around -20 in the area where I live, which is obviously in the Northeast.

It has been colder than usual but I have done my best to deal with it as always.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join