It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Chill Advisory Warns Of Possible 40-below Overnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wind Chill Advisory Warns Of Possible 40-below Overnight

www.sctimes.com

The wind chill alert covers south-central and Central Minnesota, including the St. Cloud area, from 6 p.m. today through 9 a.m. Friday.

The overnight low is expected to be about 23 degrees below zero. Wind speeds of 10-15 mph are expected to produce sustained dangerous wind chills of 25 to 35 degrees below zero, approaching 40 below zero for short periods, according to the weather service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Add this to the global weather stew. I hope people are prepared for this as it's surely to become a deadly situation. "Strange Weather - Is "The Day After Tomorrow" Coming True"? Seems that way to me. Or it could just be a very large number of aberrations that add up to nothing. Somehow I doubt it. Somehow things just aren't right, and I think people need to reevaluate their positions.

www.sctimes.com

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Add this to the global weather stew. I hope people are prepared for this as it's surely to become a deadly situation. "Strange Weather - Is "The Day After Tomorrow" Coming True"? Seems that way to me. Or it could just be a very large number of aberrations that add up to nothing. Somehow I doubt it. Somehow things just aren't right, and I think people need to reevaluate their positions.

www.sctimes.com

Aberrant? Thats normal as can be for Minnesota and North Dakota in the winter. Every winter can get that cold in places like that. I used to live in Fargo ND, and we would have weeks below zero, and it would get down to -30, even -40 in Grand Forks. Add any wind at all, and the wind chill plummets, and it does get extremely windy there too in the winter.

Wind Chill is a bit misleading though, because it is a measure of how the air feels to exposed skin. Aint anyone going out in that cold of air with exposed skin either.
edit on 20-1-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here's the related thread:

Strange Weather - Is "The Day After Tomorrow" Coming True?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here in Indiana we are going to 20 below wind chill tonight with high winds. I have had a headache for hours - I always do when the barometer is crazy and a strong front is coming thru.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, Piers Corbyn has been warning us. He's all in that we are moving into a new mini ice-age that will reach it's low point in about 35 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i heard somewhere that a superstorm is due to hit california.....you guys are getting some seriously wierd weather over there..hope u all stay safe

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh for heaven sakes!!!! Thats normal weather for the area. Comon guys, calm down.

Now were getting silly!

Please

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Interesting that you mention the movie Day After Tomorrow based on the Book The Coming Global Super Storm written by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber. Much of what was written in that book and what is in the movie is coming true, truth is stranger then fiction.

We are experiencing colder weather here then we have had in years, not like Minnesota but cold.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Yep this is normal for that area... I remember experiencing -40 temps in Dec of 2000 when on business in ND.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
75 and Sunny here in Southern California, and that Superstorm is just a possible scenario, like on that MegaDisasters show that used to be on the discovery channel.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Here in Indiana we are going to 20 below wind chill tonight with high winds. I have had a headache for hours - I always do when the barometer is crazy and a strong front is coming thru.

I get those headaches too... Is irritating until it rains or whatever

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Normal and not at all that unusual for MN this time of year... I should know, I was stuck there last winter when the wind chill hit 45 below.

Calm down people, its just winter!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Lol and were not?, was quite a sunny day the day now its minus 5 again ffs. Cant be arsed wi all that snow we had before christmas DESPITE HOW PRETTY IT IS.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm in Northern California... in the mountains.

It should be snowing this time of year, or at least cold and rainy.

It's sunny and HOT... I was outside working in the yard and got SUN BURN... would love someone to explain it....

I'm all ears, even if they're a bit red.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
High windchills are normal for the prairies at this time of year. High windchills in April, then we have a crisis.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
An invasion of Canadian winter weather.
The next couple of days here are also going to be - 40ish. Plug in your vehicles if you have block heaters.

On the thermometer, - 40 celcius and - 40 farenheit meet up. Only place on the temperature scale where it`s the same.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

DANG!!!

I used to be up in Kokomo, and I don't ever remember it getting THAT cold. (Only lived there 15 years (approx))

Still, yikes!

--Minnesota--

I used to visit Bemidji every winter, -40 doesn't seem that odd to me. (I am no one of signifigance, so take my opinion with a flake of snow...ouch.)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes it is irritating - I have had this all my life. It took some time to figure out it was the weather.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I lived in Minnesota for one year - I was out in 50 below wind chill. You have to really bundle up and make sure you are completely covered. I must say I didn't care for it much, a lot of trouble at the farm to just walk to the mail box on the road. I go to Minnesota once and a while now but not in the winter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join