It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews on (R-MN) Michele Bachmann: ‘Close to a Nut Case’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Politics or media? Either way.

Who is the nut case? The Republican Michele Bachmann who wants her party to control the senate .. or a talking head with failing ratings who gets a thrill up his leg when he thinks about Obama? Is Bachmann the nut? Is Matthews? Both?

News Busters

REP. MICHELE BACHMANN: This is not symbolic. This is why we were sent here, and we will not stop until we repeal a president and put a president in the position of the White House who will repeal this bill, until we repeal the current Senate, put in a Senate that will listen to the American people and repeal this bill.

Chris Matthews on Michele Bachmann - close to a nut case

“This kind of talk from Michele Bachmann. I don‘t know why she’s allowed to be an extremist, and everybody is coaxing on the Right, Republicans saying the President should move to the center and be reasonable and moderate, where she’s allowed to be out there as a screamer, and in many cases pretty close to a nut case,” he said to Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL).

Is she really an 'extremist' for wanting her party to have control of the senate .. just as the dems want their party to have control of the senate? Is she really an extremist for wanting a POTUS from her own party .. just as dems want their party to have the POTUS office? Or is this just more political rhetoric from Wasserman-Schultz trying to pin the 'extremist' stigma on someone of the other party? Hmmm ... who is the extremist? Bachmann? Wasserman-Schultz? Both? Neither?

Chris Matthews previously said to her - 'are you hypnotised'?
and he denied saying the word 'tingle' (whatever the word was .. it means the same thing ultimately Chris)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can't address the actual or true motivations either of them might have...that would be pure speculation on my part. A lot of what you say is logical, but it doesn't seem like he's calling her a nutcase for wanting her party in control. It's probably more about her words. So much of what I've heard her say and how she says it over the years does sort of trigger the "she's a nutcase" portion of my brain too. But I've also had him trigger the "he's not very subtle or clear in making his case" portion of my brain. Don't know if that helps your point at all

edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think Matthews should apply the same standards of judgment to Pelosi and Reid to establish a baseline "nut case" standard measurement. Bachmann would come out smelling like a rose if he used such a measurement tool.

I like her and I support much of what she stands for. For some reason the MSM opposes only powerful women with a conservative leaning while nut jobs like Pelosi, Maxine Waters et al. get a free pass in the eyes of the media.

The majority in this nation were ignored when Obamacare was ushered in on the red carpet. Facts are facts and its time to set things right.
edit on 20-1-2011 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If Chris Matthews didn't say things like above or the tingle up his leg feeling nobody would ever talk about him. He gets jack squat for ratings. He is merely prolonging his media existence by saying ridiculous things. I vote to ignore him.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Either side says the other is extremists. Just like they throw around racist to try and defeat the other parties political stance. Both sides are trying to play to the far right and far left sides of the parties. I for one am tired of all of this. The two party system is broken, and the MSM on both sides is making it worse. I used to listen to all the talking heads on the right. Anymore I don't care what party they are.

I just want them to stand up and speak the truth without apologizing, and strive for smaller gov , responsible spending of tax dollars. Figure out our war plan ie: more troops, less troops, or stay and finish the fight. So our guys an gals aren't stuck in the vortex of deploying every other year.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here are the two of them going head-to-head in 2008....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Funny .. on one of the clips Matthews is very insistant 'I never said tingle .. i never said that word'.
But the fact remains that he DID say thrill up his leg about Obama .. and tingle or thrill ... it means the same thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ah, Matthews the meathead strikes again!

Fracking retard.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bachman is nuts. She is offensive to me as a female and a human being. She says crazy things and I mean CRAZY things. She comes across like a nut case because of her own crazy words. I am starting to notice that a lot of people on ATS equate politicians with talk show hosts. Mathews, Olberman, Beck, Letterman, Leno can all say all the crazy things they want. That is part of their job. Bachman's job is to represent the people and I am terrified of the type of people represented by the crazy things she says.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So Olberman has been fired. That's great. He was close to 'popping' IMHO. If only he could take Chris Matthews with him. If MSNBC could clean house of these, and other like them ( MIka for instance ), they might be taken more seriously as a news network. For now .. it's just a far left shill machine.

reply to post by Sinnthia

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They FEAR her. And Palin and every other Conservative Female.

Why? Because the Dem Party is Sexist. Look at the women who are in that party. They tow the line and spew the Democratic B.S and they are hailed as Great American women.

A Republcan woman comes along and actually MAKES SENSE and the Media goes a fire.

I my opinion, Hillary's dash to fame was on the coat-tails of her husband. Palin's was earned. She did it herself. Same the others.

Most of them are business owners, family raisers etc-college of lesser stature than the mightly elite Dems.

Watch the media-for a week straight. Count the number of stories/articles agaisnt Palin and the rest. Now, watch in say..... 6 months... then a year. Like I have with Palin. You tell my what you think of your results. I'll wait.

The Republican woman are on a road to greater destiny. Get on board.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Did you really just say they fear her and Palin and any other Conservative female? Wow. I don't see fear hear at all. What's there to fear if you really sit down and analyze and think about it. ?

They feel disdain maybe. Laughter maybe. Superior to in some cases. A few jaws drop here and there at some of the the sheer lunacy or fabrication that comes out of their mouths maybe. Polite or even not-so polite disagreement on issues maybe. But fear? Naw. Unless maybe you mean fear as in the kind of fear we have if people we perceive as lunatics or irresponsible speak for us in government? But that's nothing new.

This worn out talking pointing is nothing short of vapor.. Maybe if it could be backed up with some examples of who fears and what specifically it would have more legs. But stand-alone as something to just toss into a thread or discussion that logical people might be trying to have about a subject to keep the fires lit? Nothing short of empty rhetoric.

The democrats are sexist? Really? How much more so than Republicans if you're going there? What kind of generalization is this? Some stats might be nice here. I think

Start by looking purely at numbers. In the Senate, for examples, the D women outnumber the R women by more than 2 to 1. In the House, I believe it's an even wider margin...looks to me to be 51 out of 75.. Just saying...
edit on 1/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Matthews calling anyone a nut case is just too funny.
I guess the irony is, some of his fans will never see that..........

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yeah, and the real irony might perhaps be that it seems to work both ways and that people actually seem to take petty stuff much too seriously in the grand scheme of things and thus feed it?. Or that they even have fans.
edit on 1/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
He's a loser and hopefully he will go the way of Olbermann, it's time for some new faces and ideas on MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Michelle Bachmann a nutcase? CONFIRMED

Read her quote, she wasn't to repeal the president... never mind that you can only repeal laws/policies, but the mere idea is beyond laughable 2 years. And on what grounds?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So MSNBC should clean house to "be taken seriously" but the Fox News channel can continue with their parade of right-wing nuts, open bigots, partisan talking heads, liars and out-right insurrectionists ?

How very "fair and balanced" of you !?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Chris Matthews is a dangerous nut.

Glad to see others are waking up to his insanity.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
On the off chance that they're both nutcases, people would still pick one over the other. I like pistachios better than almonds. And here we sit.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Republicans might be nutcases, but democrats are nutjobs.

Tough call which one I'd rather have running the country, but I didn't mind bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join