It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Just curious, have you ever applied for US citizenship?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Tried several times but it was extremely complicated , confusing and expensive ...... I was caught between a rock and a hard place, the possibility of having to leave to complete the paperwork was always a possibility and leaving your family without supporter wasn't an option to me, so I sacrificed my possibility of citizenship for there welfare.

They are older now and have families of there own, my wife and ex are still in the US, I made investments to take care of them.

People going on about illegals have no idea what they are talking about and I dare say are just ignorant hate and fear mongers ...... repeating a half truth someone told them or some BS they read.

By the way, I never had CREDIT in my name ...... just investments and savings. the only way to go just like the old days !!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Funny how fast a thread dies when they are confronted with the TRUTH ....................

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We have laws for a reason, just like any other country. There are a lot of bills coming up that will deal with illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree, laws for everyone ......

Stupid comment, I can site literally reems of examples of laws not applying to those with enough money, or Corporations making the law work in there favor, or dragging it through the court system .......

I am not even remotely justifying living illegally in the US, I am just saying how completely stupid any comparison that people make from illegally in the country to rape or murder or any other crime for that matter, its a matter of DOCUMENTATION and feeding the lawyers that are required to fill out the paper work and jump through the multiple hoops required with payment for every step in the process.

I also hear how "my grandparents came here from so and so" the requirements and process were CONSIDERABLE different and in most cases they too never did anything more than just coming to the US and because the government wanted TAXES, they issues SSI numbers freely, until someone figured out they could not only add to the taxes but also RAPE AND PILLAGE them for assorted fees and other added expenses to prop up the millions of lawyers the country was growing.

If any sane person gave it 5 seconds of thought, you would see that the employment problems and lack of it has nothing to do with immigration illegal or legal than it has everything to do with the amount of outsourcing of jobs overseas.

the jobs are NOT IN THE US ANYMORE!!!!! get over it, you were sold out and your too angry or ???? to figure it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Still waiting on you to provide a case example ...... not some made up bunch of fake statistics on a news article for some agenda.

I don't think it would matter if I took you to meet an actual "case". You will find a way to discount it because you can not admit you were wrong.

How about a link from an actual real live DSS .gov website? Try this one...www.dss.cahwnet.gov...

Snippet from linked article *** April 2007 – Los Angeles County
Through their citizen children, illegal immigrants in Los Angeles County collect $420 million annually in welfare and food stamps, according to a report requested by 5th District County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services told the supervisor that payments to illegal immigrants' children amount to approximately 24% of the county's combined CalWORKS and food stamps budget. According to Antonovich's office, illegal immigrants annually cost the county $360 million in health care and $220 million in incarceration costs.***

I do believe that says incarceration costs. Let me read it again. Yep. That most assuredly is what it says. All out in the daylight from a government website in a report on "Welfare Fraud Stories". Not a blog. Not a figment of imagination. But again, I am sure you will keep adding one more caveat to whatever I show you.

I don't even want the money. I was joking. However, an "I am sorry that I came in yelling and making claims that there has never been an immigrant arrested on welfare fraud. I was upset. I disagree with your views on illegals, but you did provide adequate evidence to what I claimed was "impossible". For that I admit that I was mistaken. (I will also except the term "misspoke").

I can work wonders in Excel too, all depends on what you want to look bad!!

Well, it does get a tad tricky to make fraud look like a positive thing.

And as a side note ........ I lived, raised a family 3 children, supported 2 ex wife's (AMERICAN wife's), worked and paid taxes for 32 years in several states, and several hunkered people worked for me ...... what was I ??????

I WAS THERE ILLEGALLY, no i didn't make up some name, or steal anyone's ID ..... I used my birth name and own SS number from my country ....... its just 9 numbers the IRS doesn't give a crap just send money.

What were you? You stated it yourself... ILLEGAL. You could be the best thing since sliced bread. That doesn't negate the fact that you were breaking the law.

Never once collected ANY SOCIAL SERVICES, NO WELFARE, NO UNEMPLOYMENT ... I contributed to a system I was never able to take anything from.

If you would have come legally then the government would not be ablE to deny you certain things. I already stated that as well. I have no desire to see illegals get ripped off along with the rest of us. If you would have come legally you would have recourse. Benefits for both sides. You chose not to, so you lose out.
edit on 1/22/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/22/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Tried several times but it was extremely complicated , confusing and expensive ...... I was caught between a rock and a hard place, the possibility of having to leave to complete the paperwork was always a possibility and leaving your family without supporter wasn't an option to me, so I sacrificed my possibility of citizenship for there welfare.

People going on about illegals have no idea what they are talking about and I dare say are just ignorant hate and fear mongers ...... repeating a half truth someone told them or some BS they read.

Why did you not apply for citizenship and work visa before coming here illegaly? I know many that have done it and there are people out there that can help guide you thru the process to make it less complicated and confusing. I know it's not easy, my niece is going thru the process now, lots of paperwork but she's getting it done.

I've been working around illegal and legal latino's on a daily basis for over 30 yrs. and I've heard about every scenario you can think of and understand the frustrations. Something to understand is most Americans don't hate any race, legal or illegal, what bothers most US citizens that I talk to, is the lack of respect and concern some illegals have for our culture and the future health and well being of our country. I can't think of many if any countries that would allow illegal immigration to get this out of hand. Mexico wouldn't allow it, I know this much. I think most of us here are not ignorant, hateful, fear monging monsters but citizens concerned about the future of our country, Nothing more nothing less, at least for me. You can't blame us for that can you?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Without a lot of detail suffice to say when I went to the states it was as a visitor and little paper work even a passport wasn't required!! after a few years and several changes as I was in country my situation became more complicated .... and once there it was to hard to start a process not easy for those already there.

anyway no hard feelings .... it is what it is. my kids are old enough and the distances not any farther than a few states away by plane .... they can visit me.

I say "most people" don't have a clue and are merely speaking out of there butt ...... makes them feel better beating others. I don't have the time of day for those who are so hard headed as to stop learning. there is no one way.

Immigration is not the problem never was ...... the government is.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

as for you, you johnny come lately, like to stir sh*t up and contribute little to any kind of intelligent input or view point, its your way or no way ..... for the sake of saving myself wasted time responding to you, I concede to your superior intelligence.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Without a lot of detail suffice to say when I went to the states it was as a visitor and little paper work even a passport wasn't required!! after a few years and several changes as I was in country my situation became more complicated .... and once there it was to hard to start a process not easy for those already there.

anyway no hard feelings .... it is what it is. my kids are old enough and the distances not any farther than a few states away by plane .... they can visit me.

I say "most people" don't have a clue and are merely speaking out of there butt ...... makes them feel better beating others. I don't have the time of day for those who are so hard headed as to stop learning. there is no one way.

Immigration is not the problem never was ...... the government is.

Yes, immigration is a sensitive subject on both sides and debates can get heated. America has just as much responsibility for our immigration issues as the illegals do and a lot of times even more so. One of the biggest problems is we have allowed corperate America to become the majority voice of the US citizen and they don't always have our best interest at heart.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

You want to come here? Come legally. Do it the right way. Don't come through the back door expecting to recieve a free ride! It's not racial. It's fair.
quote]

AMEN brother, I live in the HEART of the illeagal immigrant "head quarters" here in the Phoenix Area, and I am also 50% hispanic American, but I tell you what I am so sick and tired of people trying to oppose the law that we voted in here in Arizona, ecspecially those who don't know what it is like to not be able to find work because most of them will out work you for minimal wages, like the author of this thread said, there is a legal way of coming to America, do it that way all the ones that are here ILLEGALLY are Criminals and should be punished for their crimes, but the most harsheest of all sanctions should come down upon those citizen that profit from hiring the illegals!!!! That should carry the same penalties of treason, it is a act against the American people as a whole, and it is dealt with by a slap on the wrist...unbelieveable

TO ANYONE EMPLOYER WHO CONSCIOUSLY HIRES A NON US CITIZEN-
My grandfather and my Great Grand Father shead blood on foreign soils during war, their blood was spilt for me and my family to have a better life, not these illegal aliens to come here and prosper, by taking money out of my pocket, or food out of my families mouth

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ker2010

Um, I never said I wanted it both ways. I'm unashamed in my stance in believing "open borders". That's how this country started and it's served us pretty damned well. I don't even support it as a product of some empathetic portion of my psyche; I support it because it helps the US. I'm not the only person who understands this and I'm not crazy. If you take anecdotal made-up stories about neighbors and what-not away from the conversation and only leave facts (real facts, mind you. Not some commentary from Fox network) then what is left is a clear case for the need of more immigrants. I don't care where they are from. People from Mexico are better equipped (expected) to take our entry-level jobs that go unmanned otherwise but I wouldn't turn away immigrants from overseas, either.

Ah, so the last shoe drops.
Thanks for the insight.
I now know that arguing points, facts and laws with you is a moot point.
Obey the law.
If you want open borders, why not move to mexico?
Oh wait, Mexico has stricter laws and enforcement of border/immigration laws then the US.
I don't see any reason to interact with you on further discussions in regards to the US Border.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Still waiting on you to provide a case example ...... not some made up bunch of fake statistics on a news article for some agenda.

I can work wonders in Excel too, all depends on what you want to look bad!!

And as a side note ........ I lived, raised a family 3 children, supported 2 ex wife's (AMERICAN wife's), worked and paid taxes for 32 years in several states, and several hunkered people worked for me ...... what was I ??????

I WAS THERE ILLEGALLY, no i didn't make up some name, or steal anyone's ID ..... I used my birth name and own SS number from my country ....... its just 9 numbers the IRS doesn't give a crap just send money.

Never once collected ANY SOCIAL SERVICES, NO WELFARE, NO UNEMPLOYMENT ... I contributed to a system I was never able to take anything from.

SO on a US Govt form, you falsified information in regards to a SS number?
Nice.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ker2010

Um, I never said I wanted it both ways. I'm unashamed in my stance in believing "open borders". That's how this country started and it's served us pretty damned well. I don't even support it as a product of some empathetic portion of my psyche; I support it because it helps the US. I'm not the only person who understands this and I'm not crazy. If you take anecdotal made-up stories about neighbors and what-not away from the conversation and only leave facts (real facts, mind you. Not some commentary from Fox network) then what is left is a clear case for the need of more immigrants. I don't care where they are from. People from Mexico are better equipped (expected) to take our entry-level jobs that go unmanned otherwise but I wouldn't turn away immigrants from overseas, either.

Ah, so the last shoe drops.
Thanks for the insight.
I now know that arguing points, facts and laws with you is a moot point.
Obey the law.
If you want open borders, why not move to mexico?
Oh wait, Mexico has stricter laws and enforcement of border/immigration laws then the US.
I don't see any reason to interact with you on further discussions in regards to the US Border.

Agreed; arguing points, facts, and laws with you is a moot point.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

SO on a US Govt form, you falsified information in regards to a SS number?
Nice.

Forgery and Identity theft

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

It's Amen Sister.

Thanks for adding another vote from someone who shares the same heritage we are often accused of hating.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Funny .....

You are so ignorant ... I never lied about anything as you see I openly stated my situation, here on this forum and to the US GOVERNMENT SEVERAL TIMES ...... the IRS didn't care, my employer didn't care ...... and the border crossing didn't care. and when I went home voluntarily ...... LOL THEN THEY CARED.

You are so quick to state what illegal actions you think I committed though you have no idea nor the knowledge to make such accusations other than sitting there on your mighty keyboard, you are a hypocrite and will have your Carma points come due.

Sure glad you never committed a crime .... Oh don't bother answering because it would only be a lie.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Some people forget that some of those illegal immigrants turned into what some might consider American heros

I guess it's always easier to find a scape goat for your problems instead of having to look at your own issues...right?

edit on 22-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

There's good and bad with all. Illegals also make up the highest percentage of Hispanic gang members. These gang members have no regard for human life and now they're our problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The surgeon came here illegally and then studied to become a legal citizen. Many illegals have no desire to become citizens. Many illegals have killed citizens, have had numerous arrests and deporatations and keep coming back. Too many citizens have lost their lives due to an illegal because our laws were not enforced. Too many illegals have stolen identities, have replaced citizens in the work force. No one seems to care about our poor citizens. We can't simply ignore the facts.

Our homeless shelters are filled to capacity. We have millions of unemployed people struggling to feed their families. We have many illegals illegals who have lied, who make well over the poverty limit and yet collect food stamps, get cheap housing and free medical. Still, pro-illegal people will stand up for a foreigner before their own own citizen. Isn't that a slap in the face!!

It is impossible for us to care for the world's poor. There are people far poorer than those crossing the border who will never have the opportunity to come here. We must help people where they are. Governments must care for their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join