It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Funny .....

You are so ignorant ... I never lied about anything as you see I openly stated my situation, here on this forum and to the US GOVERNMENT SEVERAL TIMES ...... the IRS didn't care, my employer didn't care ...... and the border crossing didn't care. and when I went home voluntarily ...... LOL THEN THEY CARED.

You are so quick to state what illegal actions you think I committed though you have no idea nor the knowledge to make such accusations other than sitting there on your mighty keyboard, you are a hypocrite and will have your Carma points come due.

Sure glad you never committed a crime .... Oh don't bother answering because it would only be a lie.

Look very closely at the Govt forms. They all state that by knowingly providing false information is a felony.
I find it very hard to believe that the IRS and Fed Govt do not care that you knowingly provided false information on a Govt document. Any Govt employee/official will not tell you to do this, as it will land them without a job and in the same jail cell with you.
Still, very nice.
I also like the fact that you stated it openly on an internet forum.
Plus, how about the fact that you deflect the issue of your illegal actions and state that everyone else commits crimes.
Really

That is all you got? How about I did it and don't care. Or, yeah I did it and would do it again?
At least everyone that reads this thread knows the character of man you are.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Some people forget that some of those illegal immigrants turned into what some might consider American heros

I guess it's always easier to find a scape goat for your problems instead of having to look at your own issues...right?

edit on 22-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

So as long as they become a doctor or hero, a blind eye is turned to how they got to that point?
How about they work towards and become a hero in their country of origin?

Nobody really talks about how people abandon their own country, only to better themselves else where. And when confronted about the crime committed by coming here illegally, their retort is "Well it is just to bad there". Talk about running from the problem and causing a new one.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Cuervo,,,, maybereal11

Ahh more open border supporters. Dont deny it both of you support open borders.

The two things your type try to do in these threads:

1) Change a anti ILLEGAL immigrant thread into a anti immigrant thread,,, you always seem to leave out the key word ILLEGAL

2) Claim it's a race, xenophobia issue.

Have you read this thread?

Don't make me list all of the racist crazy crap people have said about immigrants that have nothing to do with legal status. It takes a lot of balls to claim we are shifting topic. The few times actual "illegal" status has been mentioned I have never contested that they were here illegally.
edit on 23-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Honor93

You are just wrong. My grand parents were not anchor babies. They were children on LEGAL US CITIZENS.
Thanks
Children on illegals and/or foreign travelers to the US are granted citizenship, but are anchor babies.

?????? - i think you meant to address this elsewhere? ... i never stated any such thing man ... you and i were agreeing until i stepped away to run errands. I would NEVER say you or your parents were anchor related.
If you are talking about my comment regarding "travelers" ... i am referring to those who pass through and leave a deposit in their tracks for the taxpayer to maintain. (Nothing about your family immigration methods)

Obama was a reference simply cause his daddy 'anchored' him through mommy. His benefit was dual citizenship and his life to lead as he chose ... which wasn't being a good father or a contributor to his family or this country. (verify in any Obama biography)

i sure hope that post was an error ... i really think you meant it for the same person i'm crafting a lengthy response to now ... maybereal11 ... however, i'm still on pg 13 ... be a bit before i catch up.
i really don't follow your comment so if i'm missing your point, please clarify.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

ok, i admit i haven't read it all yet, so this may be premature, however ... from what you've said so far, i call BS.
If you are as old as you indicate, How did you miss Reagans amnesty program? surely citizenship was more affordable then vs now?

If you haven't been here that long, how is it that your children are with 'families of their own'?? did parenthood begin at 16?
One more ... if you desire 'the good life' at any point in this journey, tell us why you still haven't become a naturalized citizen????

Yet considering all of the above, you believe Americans owe you something? what exactly?
haven't you broken enough laws, stolen enough from both the economy and citizens who would be doing whatever you've been doing to rape and pillage the public you 'serve'?
If you are not operating a Legal business, you are not contributing ... no matter how you twist it.

from what you've detailed so far, i find you to be a classic example of the first in line to deport. those who've abused the longest should be the first to go. Criminals should not be rewarded. Criminals should be convicted and deported as needed.
Yet somehow you expect compassion rather contempt? what makes you so special?
had you taken advantage of any number of opportunities to become naturalized, my opinion would be much different, however ... your words indicate a belief you Earned a right to be here. Sorry to say but there is no law that backs up your belief.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Honor93
First, NO illegal pays 'income taxes' legally, period. EVER (and those are the taxes that support welfare programs ... not gas taxes or sales taxes or any other taxation)

yes, they pay tax on their beer, booze, smokes, party favors and vehicles ... other than that, they provide minimal benefit but exorbitant problems. They do not contribute to the tax base that SUPPORTS them. They do not contribute to the COMMUNITIES that support them.

Wrong.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.truth-out.org...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

hello dear ... returning as i said i would. i'll begin with the post above, but, there are several postings addressed in this response.
i would presume you read the links above. funny thing, i did too. I'm wondering if you caught these words in each ...

But many undocumented workers have taxes taken out of their checks and an increasing number are filing tax returns, according to IRS statistics, local undocumented workers and immigrant advocates.
*** undocumented = illegal (just in case there's any confusion) ***

Paycheck withholding collects much of the federal tax from illegal workers, just as it does for legal workers.
*** the problem here is illegal workers ***

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't track a worker's immigration status, yet many illegal immigrants fearful of deportation won't risk the government attention that will come from filing a return even if they might qualify for a refund. Economist William Ford of Middle Tennessee State University says there are no firm figures on how many such taxpayers there are.

*** key phrases ... illegal immigrants / might qualify ***

During their working life, undocumented immigrants in the United States will pay, on average, approximately $80,000 more in taxes per capita than they use in government services, owing to the fact that they are not eligible to take advantage of almost all of the social service programs offered by the federal government, according to a study released by the National Council of La Raza.

ah yes, the NCLR - do you know who they are? .... the new version of the NAACP ... hmmm, just what we need

It legitimizes the presence of immigrants who are here illegally, critics say, and sends a mixed message about the country’s interest in enforcing its own rules.

“The word schizophrenic comes to mind,” said Marti Dinerstein, president of Immigration Matters, a research firm that advocates tighter immigration enforcement. “There is something fundamentally wrong about this.”

In 2004, the IRS got 7.9 million W-2s with names that didn’t match a Social Security Number. More than half were from California, Texas, Florida and Illinois, states with large immigrant populations, leading experts to believe they likely represent the wages of illegal immigrants.
*** once again, the irs Received 7.9 million fraudulent filings. Wonder if the new 16,000 agents will be following up on those criminals?? ***
edit: just to clarify ... that's Both, workers and employers. Employers file W2s ... employEEs file W4s. Seems we have a barrel of fish to fry ... i wonder how quickly this will be 'forgotten'.
**** E-verify (if used) should have caught every one of these 7.9 Million 'mistakes' -- is that the right PC word these days? ****

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Across the Bering Straits...by foot...no anchor involved.
pssssst -- once the boat is at port, the anchor is NOT deployed ... try again.
anchor -- device embeded in/upon the soil to prevent movement.

Right? less than 5% of welfare families have a parent that was born outside the USA and of that 5% only a small fraction are illegal immigrants.
no figures available on illegals (source please) ...at least this statement is more legitimate than yours ... 1% of muslims are death dealing, infidel killing, determined folk but we shouldn't count or concern ourselves with that MILLION ppl either, right?

Nope just history repeating itself...
so, if this is your 'justification' for the current dilemmas we endure, i have to ask ... isn't repeating history and expecting a different result, insane?

They are the least of our brothers and we ask them to come here and work insane jobs for insanely low pay and then look down our noses and call them criminals.
No one is calling names here ... laws have been broken.
Why should we bend our laws to suit the person who just broke them?
a criminal is a criminal, period.
as every action has a consequence, why should their consequence be averted?

no offense intended here, but don't blame me for your bad decision. i make enough of my own, thank you.
ya know, girl scouts teach 'charity begins in the heart', but they also taught one very important fact of life ... lack of preparation on your behalf does NOT constitute an emergency on mine.

(from same post above) One day we will run out of people to blame for our problems
... oh that day couldn't come soon enough. i'm about sick of all the finger pointing going around. Mirrors for all !!

Having a legal parent or guardian is not a necessity of citizenship, nor is age as any orphan will tell you.
that info only comes from run-aways. orphans have orphanages, wards are placed and illegals deported. also, a parent or guardian IS necessary for a minor to exercise any, if not all, of their citizen rights.

yesterday is not today.
hopefully the horrors of today will not become tomorrow,
much like the stories of yesterday are just that, stories.
let tomorrow begin a new chapter and be the change you wish to see.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Honor93 because: clarify IRS statement

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

My solution?

To do my part to hold the tides of demagoguery that grip this nation when there is financial stress.

BS ... demagoguery exists with or without financial stress ... is an excuse all you got?

The need to blame the "least of our brothers".

who is blaming anyone but criminals for their criminal acts?
besides, this American believes we are all created equal ... who is the least of whom?

We have much more pressing issues than Illegal Immigration, despite what you are told.
from what i see (not told), illegal immigration is one of the main external forces debilitating our internal sanctity.

They come here and work, because Americans are unwilling to do those jobs...and believe it or not if we were to evict them all tomorrow...our economy would be devasted.
i'd be willing to test this Theory.

This demagoguery...blame is nothing new to this country...we did it to the Germans..The Irish...The Catholics.
nonsensical rhetoric that doesn't apply to the conditions of today

My answer...stop fear mongering...stop being afraid...bring us " your tired, your poor...Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"...which is exactly how 99% of our ancestors got here, that or we were kicked out of other nations.
we are not afraid, we and ancestors before us, followed our laws, and so shall you.

The lesson to the world as a whole is...the USA...a collection of different ethnicities, cultures, people that were either kicked out of...or couldn't succeed in other nations...that misfit crew banded together to create the most succesful nation the planet has seen....and we thrive BECAUSE of our differences...not in spite of them.
i beg to differ on your opinion of 'misfits' ... perhaps the "least of thy brethren" ??

kicked-out or couldn't succeed eh ??? you really need to brush up on your history.
many of them chose to walk away from the demagoguery of their homelands.
no need to bring it here and they knew it.

My solution?
yep, that would be nice ... all this post and i thought that was your point.

If they are born here...they are OURS...they are Americans
i won't agree with the 'OURS' part cause i'm a firm believer the children belong to their parents.
what you say is akin to a child being born on a train so Amtrak owns them or something ... or on a plane, so now they are the property of Delta. That comment is utterly ridiculous. Citizenship is NOT ownership.

...and if we want to deport the parents...then that is legal as well and we can go home to home with Immigration Officials, Department of Health and Human Services Officials, Child welfare representitives and figure out a plan to both protect the Citizen children and deport the "Illegal" Immigrant parents....but IMO we have better things to focus on then non-threats and these folks are here working as a result of strong demand in the agricultural sector doing jobs Americans won't do.
first, i don't see any need for alllll those hands in the cookie jar.
second, if the parents want their children to deport with them, no ONE should stand in their way.
third, no child should be 'claimed' by the state. parental forfeiture is one thing, to take the children via Child Welfare services is silly and un-necessary.
lastly, IMHO, all criminals are threats ... especially undiscovered ones.

We can deport them all...and watch US farms struggle and fail, our Produce prices rise dramatically as we import produce from Mexico and other countries...our manufacturing sector will take a big hit and what we have left in the states in manufacturing will be undercut by cheaper labor abroad and we will send money abroad that we could have kept in the states etc
as stated previously and especially in this economy, i am more than willing to test this theory.

this may seem silly to you but it isn't to most Americans.
this may seem un-necessary to you, but necessity brought forth changes in the past, it shall again.
This time, may they be changes that unify rather vilify.
Changes that embrace rather disgrace.
And changes that lead to a respectful resolution.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What does that add up to? About 3 days in Iraq/Afghanistan or so? Who cares really about point one of one tenth of the budget to help people? Who pay sales tax all and others like housing utilties etc..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
You cannot seriously be comparing illegal immigration to rape. If you really think, ethically, it's one in the same, then you're sick, and this really isn't helping your character.
and why not??? a crime is a crime. i've been on both sides of both fences, what don't i know about either? I've been a victim of rape 3 times and a victim of the physical abuse of illegals, twice ... so, why can't i compare the 2 crimes?? is one more of a crime than the other ??
??

Immigrants are going to come to America, regardless, so there's no way of stopping the flood of people, ever. What the United States has to understand is that the influx will not cease, or subside. The only solution is to change our current laws and allow the flow of immigrants to enter the U.S. legally.
Immigrants are welcome in America, always have been and still are. (legally)
There are always methods of plugging a leak, even without a plumber.
Sure the immigration process needs overhauled, not eliminated. Yes, the bureaucratic red tape is relentless but the question is, how badly do you WANT to be here?
Better hope the Legal Immigrant standing next to you agrees or you could be in for a surprise.

Well it's interesting that even when immigration was not so "public" as you claim, America was thriving in terms of employment. The nation's workforce increased 6-fold during the 20th century, but then we started outsourcing jobs, and our economy began to dwindle.
nice attempt at deflection but we're not discussing the economy of then or now.
We are discussing, the DRAIN on our economy thanks to the conditions of now, not then.

Hmmm, well this I can't seem to answer. The only thing I could say is, there needs to be constructed, a better set of laws dealing with the immigration issue, because, like I said, it's not going away. So we need a way to help American citizens, and immigrants coming from, wherever it is they're coming from, feel satisfied with the situation
well of course you have no answer for the reality of the situation.
I didn't expect anyone would.
point is, the image of what immigration could be and the benefits it could bring is just that, an image in vast contrast to the reality of the day.

No offense intended here, but all of the legal immigrants i know personally, are quite happy with their decision. The immigrants i know who are in a mode of discontent are usually illegal and skirting the system. oh and btw, the legal immigrants are equally dismayed by the illegal situation.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I will have to go back and see where I made the mistake.
Sorry about that.
edit on 24-1-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I feel for tax paying citizens, although I don't agree that there should be any sort of taxation. Welfare in South Africa has reached R89 billion. ($10 Billion US). . We , the humans ,have created a stigma that wealth is the be all and end all. Now we have poverty because , something has to be compared to something else, hence if you are not wealthy, you must be poor.

I still think if the corporates don't take the resources from these countries there wont be poverty. I mean , I live in South Africa and the areas that are still traditional , with there mud houses , are the cleanest and less crimes are commited. The locations/informal settlement,slums in the cities are filthy and crime ridden

www.fin24.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Face it we are being phased out...why? Because we demand equal opportunity, they want to rid the world of free-thinking equal opportunists, they have their "elite" class and they want to phase in their slave class and want us to go away, this is evident. For world domination, they must eliminate the competition. When we are all dead, they will stop offering those benefits to the other countries and illegals and stop paying the working ones they have and even go back to slave trade with China and India this time. This is the sad truth! Why do you think they offer these benefits to non citizens and not many citizens can get it and the ones that do, well they aren't competition, but they will still let them die off too, eventually.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

They come here and work, because Americans are unwilling to do those jobs...and believe it or not if we were to evict them all tomorrow...our economy would be devasted.

Awesome...See the video on this page...the "take our jobs campaign" even promoted by Stephen Colbert, ya know how many people lasted more than 1 day?...3, but I guess it will be 4? Go for it!

vivirlatino.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The need to blame the "least of our brothers".

who is blaming anyone but criminals for their criminal acts?
besides, this American believes we are all created equal ... who is the least of whom?

A reference to the bible...not equality...suffering..

edit on 24-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeah what they failed to say was they only replied to 3 apps. Beleive me, I and a couple of my friends filled this online app for these jobs (we are close to plant city florida, a BIG farming community, that's important here) guess how many of the five of us that filed for the job got a call...ZERO!!!!! It's the worse scam ever, can you say B-O-G-U-S...just look whom is running the campaign, they knew they were going to lie and slant it to make themselves look like some freaking heroes that take jobs americans don't want. Think again, just ask around to see how many people have actually filled in for these jobs and never were called back or acknowledged in any way whatsoever. I bet you that you'd find the numbers in the thousands!!!! What a crock OF BS!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well I think the program was focused on CA....and in other states routed through the local State Job program who wouldn't be able to direct you unles the job was posted and in most states they aren't.

You can still apply here... www.takeourjobs.org... if you are open to Cali.

In Flordia you'd likely be better off just driving to those farms you mentioned and signing-up. I have worked farms before and that was the way most folks found work and most farms need labor. Go for it!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I want all the pro-illegal people to watch this and tell me you still feel the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Awesome...See the video on this page...the "take our jobs campaign" even promoted by Stephen Colbert, ya know how many people lasted more than 1 day?...3, but I guess it will be 4? Go for it!

vivirlatino.com...

ok, since i don't have time or interest for 2 Colbert viewings ... i did read the linked story and i find it utterly absurd that you would consider comparing the use of Inmates vs offering opportunities to the unemployed. --
no comparison

really maybereal11, you have no argument. a Criminal is a criminal, whatever color, whatever gender, whatever nationality, whatever age, wherever and whenever they appear ... even in the farmlands or under contract.

oh yeah, biblically speaking, how does one consciously replace one set of criminals with another and still maintain peace of mind or sanity ??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

ok, one minute of Colbert was enough ... really ??? migrant workers seeping into an ILLEGAL immigrant topic ... odd how that happens.

For the record, i know MANY migrant workers who are here Legally (Plant City and all just around the corner). guess what? several of those who are legal, are generally paid under the table ... hence, more cash outbound, no taxes withheld and no record of employment which permits their qualification for 'benefits' ... see how that works for you and me (well, taxpayers)?
heck i know Floridians who've gone to Haiti for an extended period just so they can return and claim 'refugee' status.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for that, star for you ... i like his style.
luv the basic, simplistic and obviously overwhelming emphasis on the facts.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join