It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full moon and lack of sleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hello everyone.
So I never used to have this "problem" before but it seems like as I have gotten older (over 30) I find that I can not sleep when there is a full moon. Just to point some things out

1. I never notice its a full moon till I have been in bed awake for a few hours, have tried other things to fall asleep, and finally open the curtains to find that it is a full moon. In other words Im not psyching myself out about it.
2. Im aware of how important the moon is to us (order in the universe, stonehengde, the moonwatcher, etc)
3. Its odd that it did not happen to me before I was hospitalized (about 3 years ago I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and came out of there completely changed. I still feel at times that I died in there or that I will wake up from this current "reality" to find myself in bed at the hospital) *look at my other posts for this info.

Oh and the reason why I put problem in quotes up there is because in one way I like the fact that Im in tune with the moon without trying.
Any thoughts

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
wow i didnt even think of that but i live on the east coast in the united states and i didnt sleep a wink last night, even though i attempted to on several occasions...thank (insert higher power) for coffee!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Same here in the UK. The moon has looked really big the last 2 nights (I don't know whether is due to the turning of the earth or what). I've tossed and turned both nights, and when I have actually slept I've had dreams where I am suffering as a result of some kind of stressful incident.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

hey mr jelly
kinda makes sense,since were mostly water,and we know what the moon does to our oceans,i think it must have some effect on us too..maybe a throwback to hunter gatherer times,best time to hunt/gather nocturnal animals is when you can see them,, then again maybe not!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Have you been experiencing any abnormal hair growth?
A sudden urge to eat rare meat?
Would a silver bullet to the heart stop you in your tracks?
Are you abnormaly good at college basketball?

If the answer is yes to one or more of these questions I think I know the answer.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The moon right now is in folklore terms called a Wolfmoon as named by the Native Americans,
its thought that in January the moon get so bright that the wolfs would all come out howling,

I have a husky and he was up all night running back and forth playing and jumping up to the windows,

I also suffered a lack of sleep last night, but heck it was such a pretty moon

check out spaceweather.com... for some amazing pics of the moon last night all over the world,

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

haha actually yes last night i had a dream involving a rather enjoyable family gathering that somehow turned into running away/trying to kill demons of some kind? not pleasant in the least...

and im referring to last night as in the last time i slept, not a few hours ago
edit on 20-1-2011 by DancingBear because: to clarify

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Dear MrJelly,
Interesting post. Mrs T and I have had the same problems for the last 5 nights i'd say. Last night I must have had about 3 hours deep sleep and the rest was very fitfull, tossing and turning and very light sleep where I was aware of my dreams at a level I rarely am.

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I knew that it wasnt only me. My son who is not even 2 yet has been tossing around and turning for the last few nights.
Im aware of the water in our bodies - oceans connections.
Im still trying to see if there is anyone out there that has lived a life without a lack of sleep due to the full moon and ALL OF A SUDDEN cant sleep due to the full moon.

I dig the january big full moon info. Thank you.
edit on 20-1-2011 by MrJelly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Me too, Last night I dreamed of myself somewhere crowded by people around me, the last part of it I met someone looked like a Monk wearing white dress and he always smiled at me giving me a sign using his 4 fingers swaying his pointer finger 1st forming letter 'S' then follow up by the 1st and 2nd(together) then 1st,2nd, and 3rd (together) till the 4th finger together with the 1st,2nd, and 3rd.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Interesting discussion. I pretty much kiss all sleep goodbye tor three days and nights surrounding a full moon. It doesn't much matter if I can see the moon or not and has been this way for me for as long as I can remember. So barring taking sleeping meds, which I'm opposed to, I pretty much just accept it and plan around it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The possible reason could be the same as the animal events of late and could be linked to the change in the frequency of our planets schumann index from 7.83hz to 11hz at present ,combined with the fact that the moon affects water and our bodies are between 75% and higher depending on other metabolic functions,then well your bodies water is being electrostatically excited by changes in the earth and its electrostatic and magnetic relationship with the moon.Bit deep but is a theoretical explanation.Go howl at the moon,

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is kinda off and on topic but it does relate to the full Moon. It's funny you know, people are always like ''ohh it's a full moon'' etc.

I have found that there is something to Moon and it's effect on us....nothing concrete or conclusive but there is something.

My Mum works in a call centre and i myself have also in the past and i have a few friends that do as well.
The pattern is always the same, how much worse things are on a Full Moon - day/night.

People are more loopy and angry. Call Centre call volumes go up with more complaints that any other time of the month. The pattern is so obvious that a few call centres i know of limit the amount of Annual Leave of these days than any other days because the stats are overwhelming.

It's really strange but i have seen it. Call Centres on a larger scale are actually really good at observing or recording data on it because thats all they do, deal with people and customers.

FYI: It's a Full Moon tonight and it's massive
Great Telescope weather ( for Moon viewing )

edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That's the first thing I noticed this morning at around 4 AM EST. I sleep with the blinds open and lights off, the full moon was the first thing I noticed and I didn't take my eyes off of it. Kind of in a slight trans! Just another day in paradise

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

I've had the same "problem" for many years now; it seemed to become stronger though after a serious car crash I had back in 1989. However, it could be simply that since that near-death experience I have tended to take more notice of a lot of things.

As some others have also mentioned, it makes no difference to me if the moon is actually visible or not: even when there is very heavy cloud cover I am still affected in the same way. These are the nights when I tend to stay up verrry late, as going to bed at my usual time (which is around midnight anyway) is just a waste of time. On the upside, I find that my mental capabilities seem to be enhanced in the days around a full moon and it is often when I do a fair bit of writing and/or research.

Interestingly, my mother (now in her eighties) is also affected by the moon in the same way, though for my siblings and father this has never been the case. Besides that, my mother and I are both synesthetes, which makes me wonder if there is some kind of link between lunar sensitivity and synesthesia.

EDIT: just would like to comment on what Havick said. Yes, if you ask any medical personnel, especially those who work in ER or in psych wards, they'll usually tell you that full-moon nights are typically busier than any other time. I expect that those involved in law enforcement would say the same thing.

I need to add, though, that just because this is what people in those fields may say, it doesn't mean it will be supported by empirical studies. But even so, there is a common perception that this is the case and that in itself is interesting.
Best regards,

Mike

edit on 20/1/11 by JustMike because: I added an edit.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi, yes I can relate to this. See my avatar for the moon I took pics of a couple evenings ago. The kids and myself have a hard time falling asleep and I think it may be because that moon is so bright and it really isn't that dark outside. It's very beautiful to look out and see it reflect on the snow and I find myself peaking out the window to catch a deer or something playing out there at night. Even the animals are a bit more ansy or something, not sure how to explain it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I too have noticed my odd sleeping habits surrounding the full moon, but only in the last 3 months or so.

Last night I felt that I was completely aware while I was asleep, almost not even sleeping.
Constantly waking up tossing and turning.
When I did sleep I would have odd dreams that seemed to be just a flash.
Tho the last 2 or 3 days before, I could barely stay awake.
Maybe there should be a full moon alert forum. Lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think that with the recent influx of energy, which IIRC began at around the time of the solstice lunar eclipse in December, a new noosphere began to form. People who are sensitive in terms of psychic ability and spirituality have been feeling it and loosing sleep at certain times of the night because that is when their unconscious mind is lending the new noosphere their psychic strength. It probably causes a lot of headaches and louder ringing in the ears. A full moon will of course augment the whole thing.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm one for conspiracy theories and the like, and the Government out to enslave us so they can reduce the population but these topics of.. 'Has anyone?' promote some people to add to it like it's some paranormal event when in fact it's either insomnia or the like. You ask a suggestive topic like that on a conspiracy forum and of course you're going to get people saying 'oh ya I have' because it gives everyone an explanation and that's what we all want. Just sayin. I'm first to jump aboard on some conspiracy involving planets but suggestive questions and conspiracy boards don't mix!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

clearly that is feasible....however in my case i didnt even know there was a full moon last night until i saw this thread...and i have wooden blinds so no light seeped in to keep me awake last night

top topics

<<   2 >>

join