It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of dead octopuses wash up on Portugal beach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thethingreally

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I find your avatar in really poor taste.

I apologize OP off topic.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thank you all for your input.
Like a previous poster has stated. There are mass die offs every year. Its normal, like you have mass die offs of humans due to starvation, decease and illness. Its just the way of mother earth keeping the numbers down!

What i find unsettling about the mass die offs in the past 12 months is the intensity of it all. In January alone there have been 24 cases of animal die offs. And these are the ones that have been picked up on!

hisz.rsoe.hu... have a mass death of animals list now. Why now?

Yet another case of mass fish die off has happened today in Canada.

Residents in Riverside are concerned about what they say is a major fish kill in the Detroit River. Andre Mailhot was out walking his Jack Russell terrier in Alexander Park -- a municipal park that runs along Riverside Drive roughly between Strabane and George avenues -- on Tuesday when he saw "thousands and thousands" of dead fish floating in the water. "I couldn't believe it. As far as I could see, I could see all those little white spots," Mailhot said. "They were just coming down the river like somebody threw them in the water." He contacted the Ministry of the Environment to report his findings. No one from the ministry could be reached Thursday night.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh my, this has 21 flags on an article that was written in January of 2010.... This is over one year old people. This is not new news. Why are you still talking about it like it was yesterday. It is unrelated in this years string of mass animal deaths.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It may be unrelated to this years activity, but it also shows that this sort of thing has been going on in the previous year also.

I stated on page 1 that i did not realise the date was last year.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Isnt the plural for octopus is octopi???

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
reply to post by boo1981

Well somebody asked this in an earlier post and another member kindly looked it up. In the UK we say octopuses.

Here is what the other member found:

There are three plural forms of octopus: octopuses [ˈɒktəpəsɪz], octopi [ˈɒktəpaɪ], and octopodes [ˌɒkˈtəʊpədiːz]. Currently, octopuses is the most common form in the UK as well as the US; octopodes is rare, and octopi is often objectionable

edit on 21/1/11 by boo1981 because: Add info

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
reply to post by boo1981

No thats a pastry dish

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join