It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I can see dead people" A medium tells us what happens when you die (29th Jan on ATS LIVE)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry I cant help but laugh out loud as you natter out your gospel-like explanations of what is real.

If you had really done any of these activities with any type of seriousness or respect your life would have been changed forever with the realization that what we know to be real is simply a dream of interpretation.

I am fully able to allow you to have your space of belief in the rules and regulations of reality that you project, but you are adamant about projecting how mine is false when I live it every day as truth?

Err, how dare you?

Its not a big deal I suppose, just another skeptic and another misfit, lets get in line behind the rest and enjoy the show, we can both have our cake and eat it to.

-G

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can't wait for Zazz's new show!

S + F!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
but you are adamant about projecting how mine is false when I live it every day as truth?

It matters not to me what you think the truth is. The truth is not determined by your subjective interpretation. You have yet to offer any proof of what you claim to be "truth". When challenged to do so you have claimed it is exempt from any scientific scrutiny or measurement and stated that it is something that must be observed subjectively. I responded that I've experienced the same thing as you through a variety of pathways, but unlike you, I am not conflating the results of altered perceptions with truth or reality.

I am justified in rejecting (not projecting, as you stated) your claims as false because you have failed to demonstrate that any of it is true in any way whatsoever. It cannot withstand even the most basic scrutiny and instead of recognizing this you attack the person who presents valid skepticism with a "how dare you!". You will either prove your claims with reason or respond to criticism with emotion. Best for you if you go with the former.

I wouldn't care what you believed if your beliefs were harmless. Believing in psychics, mediums and spirit worlds is harmful to a lot of people, and perpetuating such superstitious nonsense is a disservice to the human race.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Did anyone listen to the show? If so, what was it like? Any good?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Just so you know.......

Please note

We're still working on this idea. A communications break down at my end means that time constraints do not allow for it to happen this weekend.

(Source)

Date and time yet to be confirmed.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by The Djin

I wouldn't have to agree with your belief. Just respect it. I don't agree that 8 year olds should be having sex. My opinion is shared by a great many people. If you believe they should, well, that's your opinion and belief and I respect that. I disagree with it, but that's how it works.

Do you know what respect means?

I think respect is absolutely the wrong word.

How the **** can you respect a "belief" like that?

:shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't agree with it, but if that's the opinion someone has, one should respect it. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it, and you don't have to condone it.

I should elaborate, the post that brought this up was an obvious troll spouting off his indignation against the subject of this show. Equating it to someone believing it was ok to have sex with an 8 year old.

Now, someones belief is not an action is it? I don't believe in Christianity, I don't believe in Islam, I don't believe in UFO's but I respect the right of people to have those beliefs. I don't condone those beliefs, I don't agree with those beliefs, and I don't like those beliefs. But I respect those beliefs on the basis that the person has the right to formulate their own opinion.
edit on 1/23/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But I respect those beliefs on the basis that the person has the right to formulate their own opinion.

You do understand there's a difference between respecting a belief and respecting someone's rights to have a belief?
---

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for this info. Hopefully they'll rearrange soon. Will be interesting to see how accurate she is, or if she will be another one of those 'There's a woman here...I have an A, someone with a name beginning with an A...maybe an Angela or Andrea? It could also be the surname, or a surname that sounds a bit like that...does anyone know of anyone who this might be?...' types. Hope it's not one of those!

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Aelfrede

Just so you know.......

Please note

We're still working on this idea. A communications break down at my end means that time constraints do not allow for it to happen this weekend.

(Source)

Date and time yet to be confirmed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think I'm going to go hang out in the UFO forum and tell those idiots that UFOs are horsesh*t. I'll post a bunch of crap that the Air Force and Penn and Teller said about UFOs and how anyone that thinks they're real needs to get his head examined.

I mean, why should I frequent forums - especially on a board where there are more nutjob forums that anywhere else on the Internet - that interest me or seem credible in any way to me? After all, I'm not interested in learning about what I'm interested in, I'm interested in telling people how stupid they are and how much they're sinning against God or destroying the fabric of society with whatever the hell it is that they're interested in.

This board is about ME and what I think is real. It's important that people get to know me and get to know exactly what I approve of.

Goddamn it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

THAT I didn't know, so thanks for enlightening me on that one.
But still from my experience I no longer fear death, and actually look forward to it ( not in any rush to hurry it along though, waiting mainly for the real truth to be known to me, is there something else?)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You people are absolutely shocking. Zazz is all about feel the love, and all I'm getting from this thread is feel the hate. You guys suck.
I'm looking forward to Zazz bringing on special guests.
A medium
Native American shaman
A crystal healer
A witch
A botanist or herbalist
Someone who runs a health spa
There are so many who I’d like to listen to and you guys could defiantly use some cleansing...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

But I respect those beliefs on the basis that the person has the right to formulate their own opinion.

You do understand there's a difference between respecting a belief and respecting someone's rights to have a belief?
---

Exactly.... HUGE difference.

Well said

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Ok, My Question for her is this. My background, I am a psychic/medium and Spirit Rescuer and I frequently have spirits attach themselves to me and I work with them (like the ghost whisperer) and I send them home to the afterlife. I am wondering what conclusions she has drawn as to why children (ghost children) get stuck on the earthbound plane as ghosts, and their parents and family who may be deceased who do not retrieve them from the earthbound plane. I currently have a small ghost little girl in my home who is trying to find her parents, who are deceased, and I believe they have been reincarnated already. How do I explain to her, that they didnt look for her?
edit on 21-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

Hey there xynephadyn,

Couple things here bother me if I'm being truthful.

#1 You speak as if you are experienced in this field ... so I'm wondering why, when you are doing something as delicate as soul-rescue work, do you manage to have spirits attach themselves to you ?

You should know that this is a beginners error and can be very dangerous for you !

What method do you use for self protection before beginning a case ?

#2 The question you ask implies another novice error ... insomuch that you are thinking about those in spirit being restricted to 'linear time' in the same way we humans are ... but surely you must realize that this is not a restriction suffered by those in spirit ?

Just a thought but maybe you should seek a mentor (if you already have one find a new one), who can help you progress in your chosen field and not stand by whilst you leave yourself open to such obvious pitfalls which can as already mentioned be dangerous to yourself and your clients.

Be safe ... be vigilant ... even those experienced in the field can still learn ... and should (my motto is 'learning all the time') ... it's the only way to progress.

Above all never allow yourself to blur the edges of fiction and reality when dealing with the paranormal and supernatural ... soul-rescue is a very serious business and should not be compared with a fictional TV programme like the 'Ghost Whisperer' which is acting !

As for the little girl you speak of ... send her over in the normal way ... ask your guide to accompany her and once she has passed over she will be aware that her parents from a lifetime that no longer exists have moved on ... they are no longer her parents in the living sense ... and she will understand this as the natural way of spirit ... then be free to progress herself.

Woody

edit on 24-1-2011 by woodwytch because: stupidly posted before I'd even added my bit lol

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Yes obviously wanting to provide checks and balances to help protect vulnerable people from possibly being taken advantage of is very mean spirited of us.

This thread is about the validity, morality and possibly the legality of broadcasting psychic advice on ATS live and whether or not that fits in with the perceived role of ATS.
It's not about if people like a particular forum member or not.These are issues that go above and beyond the internal politics of the forum and are things that all broadcasters take into consideration when making such programming.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

---

That's precisely what I said wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my life-long friend's murder. I worry about this person, since what I've read about people becoming trapped due to violent death. Since about a year or so ago, I have had someone or something that has taken up residence in a corner of my bedroom - inside a perimeter wall, in fact - and causes this loud snap/creak sound that I can't tie to anything structural or environmentally initiated (not temperature or humidity influenced). There's nothing in that corner of the room at all, and the "snap" has become more "confident" and interactive over the last six months or so. At times it gets a bit frantic in fact. Yesterday, it was extremely agitated, and so far this morning, once it "woke up" it's been very much constant (snapping every 20 seconds or so).

Can this medium tell me who or what this is? If it's my friend, then I hope she'll be able to provide me with some sort of identity information that will assure me that it really is my friend. If it's not my friend, then I need to find out what it is. I live in a condo, and this is a wall that does not connect to any other unit. The structure is about 20 years old, and like I said, we've been through every possible inspection of window casings, framing, ceiling joints and all that stuff, and we can't even figure out what's being affected that would make such a loud snap/creak sound, let alone one that is so constantly producable and consistently defined and loud.

I'm fine with it being there. I just want to know what or who it is.

PS - I have Skype and just (I think) sent a "friend request" to whoever it is that is at ATSLIVESTUDIO which I believe is the address you posted. The Skype thing doesn't allow spaces, so I'm assuming that there are no spaces in the Skype name. Let me know what else I need to do. This is an issue that is very pressing, and it'd be great if she can figure it out.
edit on 1/20/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Your house is settling. Over time the foundation of a house will slowly sink into the soil. There is no exception to this, ALL structures do this to a certain degree. Also, sunlight will cause this. When the sun is shining , the heat will cause siding and the underlying structure to expand, hence the pops and creaks.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That much I do agree with, yes I feel anyone with a gift to help others should give it freely and yes the only profit they should make is through there teachings / classes or through books sales.
But I also think donations should be accepted.

On another note, if we discus Roswell aren’t we also advertising its town? How many universities around the world do you think get advertised by us the posters of ATS when we discuss science or how many different brands of cameras or telescopes do we discuss just when we are picking apart a photo?

Advertising is everywhere it can’t be helped. But give the ATS readers and listeners a little bit of credit

And besides don’t you think if anyone was going to spend any money on any of the advertising on ATS, they would start a thread on it first, it gives you plenty of time to talk them out of it

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This segment will air tonight during the first hour of the AboveTopSecret Live Radio show.

Details are in the show thread here

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Originally posted by NorEaster
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my life-long friend's murder. I worry about this person, since what I've read about people becoming trapped due to violent death. Since about a year or so ago, I have had someone or something that has taken up residence in a corner of my bedroom - inside a perimeter wall, in fact - and causes this loud snap/creak sound that I can't tie to anything structural or environmentally initiated (not temperature or humidity influenced). There's nothing in that corner of the room at all, and the "snap" has become more "confident" and interactive over the last six months or so. At times it gets a bit frantic in fact. Yesterday, it was extremely agitated, and so far this morning, once it "woke up" it's been very much constant (snapping every 20 seconds or so).

Can this medium tell me who or what this is? If it's my friend, then I hope she'll be able to provide me with some sort of identity information that will assure me that it really is my friend. If it's not my friend, then I need to find out what it is. I live in a condo, and this is a wall that does not connect to any other unit. The structure is about 20 years old, and like I said, we've been through every possible inspection of window casings, framing, ceiling joints and all that stuff, and we can't even figure out what's being affected that would make such a loud snap/creak sound, let alone one that is so constantly producable and consistently defined and loud.

I'm fine with it being there. I just want to know what or who it is.

PS - I have Skype and just (I think) sent a "friend request" to whoever it is that is at ATSLIVESTUDIO which I believe is the address you posted. The Skype thing doesn't allow spaces, so I'm assuming that there are no spaces in the Skype name. Let me know what else I need to do. This is an issue that is very pressing, and it'd be great if she can figure it out.
edit on 1/20/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Your house is settling. Over time the foundation of a house will slowly sink into the soil. There is no exception to this, ALL structures do this to a certain degree. Also, sunlight will cause this. When the sun is shining , the heat will cause siding and the underlying structure to expand, hence the pops and creaks.

Y'know, this is what I thought for the first few months, but then the environmental factors stopped being factors, and the temperatures changed. Then the sounds began to take on a very peculiar "personality", and started clustering (for lack of a better word) and moving about the bedroom to other parts at times. Still, the primary area of this whatever-it-is is in that corner, and oddly enough, as soon as I announce that I think I've associated it with the outside heat-pump unit or something like that, it'll stop altogether for up to a week, and simply not happen at all until I make note to my wife of the fact that it stopped. And then, as if it was waiting for me to notice, it'll start back up again and be almost constant for a few hours - like every 20 seconds or so.

Also, this is a small, two story condo, and the upstairs is a loft-overhang area, with no wall to the front, where it opens to a two story space where the stairs are. This means that when I'm downstairs I can hear what's going on in that room fairly clearly. This noise doesn't occur unless I'm in the room with it. Then, it's like "Hi, how's it going...", or so it seems, with the cracks and snaps as a greeting almost. It's like having a roommate chained to the wall in that corner of the bedroom, who's glad to have company when I show up.

I have associated this sound with the heat-pump turning on, but only a few times. That means that whatever this corner snapping noise is, it can be caused by whatever the heat-pump's feedline does on its way to the electric forced air heater (brand new Trane unit - very nice, by the way) unit that is behind the walk-in closet on the other side of the room. Still, the sounds have clearly established themselves to be independent of the heat-pump's activation, so it's as though the physical cause - which the heat pump can initiate - is being employed, but for the most part, that cause is not being employed by the heat-pump feedline itself. Sort of, as if the whatever-it-is learned how to make this sound by seeing the heat-pump feedline's effect on the wood 2x6 frame and mimics it when it wants to be noticed. This makes sense (if this is the strategy) because if it works to make the noise needed, why invent something new? To me, that's very human in thought process and application of that thought process.

As you can tell, I haven't exactly been assuming a damn thing about this anomaly. I'm fascinated by it, since I can't figure it out without dragging a paranormal explanation into the suite of possibilities. I believe that after the death of the corporeal body, there is human existence, but I never assume that I'm being contacted by such existence. In my view, the incompatibilities between this realm and that realm (mainly due to how incompatible the basic nature of existence is - one compared to the other) makes it extremely difficult for one to contact the other. It's like a blind person living with a person who is deaf and mute. Contact would end up being pretty limited. In a case like that, the roommates would choose a means that both could manipulate and perceive. Eventually, they'd work out a coded system based on that means. I don't know what this is, and think it'd be interesting to see if she picks up anything.
edit on 1/29/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join