It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I can see dead people" A medium tells us what happens when you die (29th Jan on ATS LIVE)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
who are u to say which people are good and evil

lol

these concepts of duality

in my perspective I am good, but I could decide to become bad in my perspective

and thats just my perspective, in your perspective I may be already bad

grey discussion, just thought i should point that out

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Although I won't be tuning into this, I hope you will post a thread of the results afterwards.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Oh, I've been looking for an opportunity like this for some years! I have a loved one who's passed over, and I've been concerned about whether s/he is okay. I made the mistake of having a session with someone who confessed afterward to being a cold reader, and it left me shaken to my foundation.

I'll have to check with one of the resident teens to find out all about Skype. Forgive my ignorance - exactly how/when would I need to connect via Skype to the studio?

Great idea, btw!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

This is ridiculous and bringing ATS down to the level of sad US daytime TV, if ATS members want to have their palms read by a juju woman that's all they have to do is dial a premium rate number and be told there is someone who's name begins with C or and S sound or maybe a W.

Come on ATS what's next ? Booking Pastor Bob to connect us all with Cheeeeezuz.???

I'm all for skeptical inquiry and having the Starfire Tor types in this world prove their case by being examined in a scientific manner and under stringent conditions to watch them bloody well squirm.

These people are idiots leeching off the the credulity of ignorant "want to believers"

Come on ATS this is really embarrassing !!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Something tells me you kinda don't believe in this stuff.

...Well guess what? Others do, so, with all due respect, quit crying about it. No ones forcing this on you at the end of the day as It's not mandatory to listen in to the show.

And If ATS wants to do a show about one of it's most popular topics, the paranormal - something millions of people believe in, then I think this is good. I think we need to have discussions on this just like we SHOULD have discussions on ALL topics.. and if you don't like it, well then why not move on and wait for the next show? Like I said, this isn't exactly being forced upon you.. Either that or call in an give your opinion.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Something tells me you kinda don't believe in this stuff. ...Well guess what? Others do, so, with all due respect, quit crying about it. No ones forcing this on you at the end of the day as It's not mandatory to listen in to the show.

No indeed I have no intention of wasting my time listen to a bunch of gullible fools try desperately to make a connection between something in their lives and something a woman who claims to talk to dead people says IS/MAY HAVE BEEN or POSSIBLY could be in your life anytime between now and when you die.

Dude if some dead person who you may possibly have never known seriously wanted to talk to you don't you think he or she could do a little better than, my name begins with a d or f sound ?

If this woman is for real then all she has to do is start simple like come on here as a poster and start proving here case.

And before you ask what type evidence would I need , she could simply type my dead relative or acquaintances' full name and something about me that would be the last thing I would want the rest of the world to know. Now that would be a good start.

But of course we already know the response (excuse) it doesn't work like that you have to be gullible oops sorry I meant, want to believe to be in tune with the juju lady

Isn't interesting how gods, aliens, dead people and demons cease to exist without intercessors and the discussion can never be about -

material gain

specific illness by name

specific people by name

specific dates

This is the same type of appalling rationalizing that is involved in prayer, "You will meet a dark stranger " covers all bets if you happen to live in Brooklyn.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yea I agree this is a new low for ATS

Mediums are rubbish and should be jailed for being con artists, they pray on the needs of the emotions of people that are down or whatever. [Yes I know harsh, but they used to hunt and kill the witch right?]

Any person that is telling you that they know what happens when you die is an automatic CON ARTIST out for your money, and if you cannot see this I'm sorry you're the target they are after.

Now after that being said, I believe some of the abilities these mediums possess is possible , as a matter of fact quantum physics states that everything is entangled together, making the claims these mediums possess in the field of reality.

HOWEVERRR, the people that actually could do this would never advertise their abilities for profit or for fame, they would most likely be haunted by these abilities or disturbed by them in some way, I doubt they would just say to the world hey guys I can tell you what happens when you die! That just seems the opposite of what they would do if they actually had abilities.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Now after that being said, I believe some of the abilities these mediums possess is possible , as a matter of fact quantum physics states that everything is entangled together, making the claims these mediums possess in the field of reality.

Then if this is true let them prove their case in a lab the same as a physicist

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi, I'd like to ask why when people see a ghost why does the ghost always have clothes on? How does cotton turn into ghost cotton? Doesn't make sense. Also, if someone is born without an arm in life, does the arm re-appear after death? I'm on the fence about life after death, it's the one thing that I'd truly like to believe in as I know it would give me comfort, trouble is I'm not going to just suddenly believe because I want to, I want to believe it because I know it's real.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

I don't believe anyone we would ever find would pass any kind of testing at all, I should be more specific when talking about their abilities.

I do not think they know what happens when you die at all

I think its plausible that someone out their knows details of peoples lives that cannot be explained scientifically through known sciences, even the government has people that predict things with something like a 30% accuracy, Although I don't remember where I read that.

I don't think they are talking to spirits/ghosts at all, nor the existence of said ghosts.

Maybe you're on the same side of the fence as me now

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Well apparently we are all going to be told exactly what happens when we die on ATS live.... so that should be well worth tuning in for.
I'm betting the word "energy" is going to be used a lot and if we're really lucky she might throw a quantum or two around.
edit on 21-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Edit to add.
Yes ATS is for discussing things like this, but we also have a HOAX section for people that make threads with outrageously stupid claims with no evidence to back them up, and a thread that says someone is going to tell us what happens when we die is just that such a claim

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Hi, I'd like to ask why when people see a ghost why does the ghost always have clothes on?

Perhaps more fitting we should consider why people mistake shadows for ghosts bet never ghosts for shadows ?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I don't believe anyone we would ever find would pass any kind of testing at all, I should be more specific when talking about their abilities.

That's the point, what abilities ? Ability implies being able, what testing there has been has resulted in zero evidence of anything ie the the juju lady was unable to do anything.

I'm all for open minded but skeptical inquiry under controlled conditions but this show mere panders to the wishful thinking of the credulous which to my mind is no different to starting sermons on ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sounds amazing Zazzy!

I can't wait...

Save a seat for me

I'll bring the cookies...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
for anyone interested in a more scientific version of in between lives,
one that they can with a partner access at any time they wish,
I would recommend getting Michael Newtons books,
an inbetween life regression hypnotherapist.

books such as "journey of souls", "destiny of souls" and "in between lives".
being regressed personally cuts out the middle man or medium,
so that you could have a true experience with your own mind.

note that based on my readings the most important aspect,
is reaching theta-wave brain-waves from where spirit world is accessible.
so practicing meditation regularly is a huge benefit.

If however you don't have the mental discipline,
then you can certainly use a medium,
as your crutch into the spirit world.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Please note

We're still working on this idea. A communications break down at my end means that time constraints do not allow for it to happen this weekend.

ATS is a site for all kinds of topics including the paranormal, and the ATS Live Radio show aims to reflect all of the kinds of the topics discussed here. If you don't believe in such things then fine - thats personal opinion - but please bear in mind that people DO, and respect their opinion.

Civility and decorum is, as always, required.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is a BIG difference between people sharing their own personal experiences and views of the paranormal / aliens / bigfoot or whatever on ATS and giving a professional psychic hours of free advertising and linking to their web site in the OP of this thread (where they charge people $35 to answer a single question).

I'm sure you can see the difference between the free exchange of ideas on an internet forum and linking to (and thus endorsing) a particular persons product or service

There are loads of people on ATS that claim to have psychic powers, none of which are allowed to advertise their web sites on ATS for free and most of which do not make a penny out of it, why not interview one of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Count me in Zazz very cool stuff.

I think we all have these abilities, but we have not turned up the volume so to speak.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
There is a BIG difference between people sharing their own personal experiences and views of the paranormal / aliens / bigfoot or whatever on ATS and giving a professional psychic hours of free advertising and linking to their web site in the OP of this thread (where they charge people $35 to answer a single question).

Why would this case be different than any of the other collection of radio and television shows that touch upon the type of topics covered on ATS in an effort to bring special guests on-air?

The ultimate direction for ATS Live is to have one or more special guests each show that provide our listeners and website users with unique perspectives and/or a different point of view on ATS topics.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It probably isn't different from a lot of radio / tv shows in that respect.

I would have thought though that a web site that has an MO of having both sides of an argument would stay clear of endorsing one particular side of it.
People expect commercial TV / Radio to be biased towards the guest of that show, I dont believe that they expect it from ATS.
I can't see how letting the web site be linked can be seen as anything other then an official endorsement of this persons services by the biggest conspiracy site on the web.

Edit to add.

Would it be acceptable for example to interview someone that was selling an eternal motion machine and link to a site where he was selling that machine and have comments in the thread that say "not all eternal motion machines are the same" thus indicating that this persons machines were the real deal and that people should buy them

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join