It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly virus makes first appearance in India, kills three in Gujarat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yeah I kinda suspected that too.
I would bet money on imported animals, likely monkeys.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 11PB11

Dont be put off by them photos. India really is a very beautiful country and it takes time to appriciate it. It is not as dirty as those photos make out. The level of poverty endured by some of the people is sadening, but the depth of culutre incredible..

kx

sry if i may sound too harsh but poverty has nothing to do with the filthy India pics..they are filthy and lets hope that in the future they dont kill till the planet with plagues

they wash their teeth with water fulll of corpses and death animals, and they wash their clothes in and they are so sick

and they even sunbath with decomposing bodies on the beach if you call it a beach...

this is not poverty..there is something very wrong with those people and i really dont wanna have to do with any virus coming from there

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, you were obviously put off a little by what you saw on your trip.
There are several breeding grounds for disease in the same area.
India is just one.
Vietnam,Hong Kong,malaysia,phillipines, and much more filth in china too.
The chances of this hemorragic fever commiing out of any of these places is equal if you ask me.
All of them have suffered with h5n1,swine flu, and many other flus and plagues.
Didnt SARS cone out of china?
Then theres the dead waterfoul in northern china, mongolia....h5n1 again.
Vietnam, had the most human h5n1 cases im sure the first human to human traansfer on record.
Meico...swine flu again...but others also....
South america has not had as much action but their cities are growing bigger slums all the time, and haiti is all living in primitive tent conditions...
The whole of Africa is a time bomb of disease as well....
Lets see, that leaves hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Nice find .lets hope it peters out. I am still feeling jumpy from watching " I Am Legend " last night.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

sry if i may sound too harsh but poverty has nothing to do with the filthy India pics..they are filthy and lets hope that in the future they dont kill till the planet with plagues they wash their teeth with water fulll of corpses and death animals, and they wash their clothes in and they are so sick and they even sunbath with decomposing bodies on the beach if you call it a beach... this is not poverty..there is something very wrong with those people and i really dont wanna have to do with any virus coming from there

bud i have spent a lot of time in india and i can assure you it is not as bad as those photos make it out to be....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Beats me why a 'virus' could and would be designed to kill people. If you were a parasitic being that fed upon a host, the last thing you would want to do is kill them... Or at least quickly. What if you killed them without no other host to latch onto? Your a gonna yourself.

I'll not state what I feel in my gut and just after reading this thread... But it 'ain't good'. Most viruses have only a certain type of 'host' they can 'infest'. This being that it would be kind of crazy as a ant attempting to kill a bear. Sure im no biologist or whatnot, and yes thats my defense since I arn't but I assure you most viruses, diseases and etc would rather a living host to feed upon than a dead one...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The whole of Africa - a time bomb of disease?
Stop generalising - the tropical regions of the earth (not just Africa) are ideal virus incubators due to the heat and moisture.

Furthermore, the dieases coming out of central Africa are not new, and there is some research that indicates a lot of the new incurable diseases and viruses ravaging the world come from the labarotories of the developed nations or are a result of overuse of anti-biotics which have resulted in superbugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever is NOT a new virus - just new to India.

You might ask why or how the disease is migrating and spreading to new parts of the world.

Could it be climate change? What else?

i read some stuff talking about how the biodynamic geographics are changing.. cretins are moving too new homes....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The only reason the "developing" world is seen as a hothouse for infectious disease is because common infectious disease in the "developed" world is not acknowledged as infectious.

However, the developed world DOES export infectious chronic disease, and in fact, has created a chronic disease pandemic. Check the stats on cancer, diabetes and obesity as a start, and then look for the research supporting viral and other infectious cause.

...Not hard to manipulate thinking when you control information and define the terms.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

Most viruses have only a certain type of 'host' they can 'infest'.

Much is changing in this new world we have created. ...Diseases aren't just jumping species barriers now, they're even leaping straight through kingdom barriers. Unheard of before the last decade.

One place to start is "zoonoses" updates.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by heineken

sry if i may sound too harsh but poverty has nothing to do with the filthy India pics..they are filthy and lets hope that in the future they dont kill till the planet with plagues they wash their teeth with water fulll of corpses and death animals, and they wash their clothes in and they are so sick and they even sunbath with decomposing bodies on the beach if you call it a beach... this is not poverty..there is something very wrong with those people and i really dont wanna have to do with any virus coming from there

bud i have spent a lot of time in india and i can assure you it is not as bad as those photos make it out to be....

kx

I second purple.

One thing you need to realize is that most if not all of those photos are from Varanasi at the banks of the Ganges, and floating corpses are usually isolated to this part of the country and river, as well as occasionally Haridwar, but usually Varanasi because it is closer to the mouth of the Ganges... This city is one the two holiest cities in India and very important to Hinduism. Most of the bodies that are decomposing in the Ganges are that of the homeless, criminals, or any other outcast of society who has gone unidentified, otherwise the bodies are usually cremated. Government employees or people of the community dispose of the bodies into the Ganges because of its spiritual significance to the Hindus and the ritual of being cremated or any other method of death ritual in or by the Ganges...and since it costs money to perform a cremation ceremony, they simply let the bodies drift into the river. They don't think it is sick like you, they understand that death and decay is a part of life, and they believe that dipping into the Ganges, scattering your ashes into it, or in any way assimilating yourself into the waters purifies the soul, so give them a break, it is what they believe, just like you believe you crapping into a bowl full of water is any better way to live. They cannot leave the dead animals on the road or else it will smell horrible and attract all sorts of pests, further contaminating their habitat, so they throw it in the river where the waters can dispose of it. Also, the current of the Ganges is pretty quick, so its not like its just looming around.This is what they know as a part of life, and those that live openly in the shared vicinity of dead bodies have no shame, as well as no education to comprehend how unhygienic it is and potentially hazardous. The government is not providing the proper infrastructure or support, and the people have no real concern with it, so what can you do? You don't think they don't realize how disgusting it is to wash your teeth in the same water as decomposing bodies? They are human as well. At the very least they have the common sense that one probably should not be performing their daily activities of life in the vicinity of the dead, but they have no where else to wash themselves, at least not for free, so they deal with it. You think if they had the proper resources they would continue to come in direct contact with this water like they do? Don't you think that if they had the capability to filter and sanitize their water that they would? Who would choose to live in the worst conditions possible and use the dirtiest water for all their aquatic needs? How dare you judge these people and not personally know a damn thing about their circumstances. Until you have spent time with these people and lived their lives, or at the very least spoken to them to get to know what they think of their own living conditions, you know not a damn thing about them and therefore have no right to conclude on their character and say they are simply just sick people. Its pathetic that you would say such a thing about other human beings. If you really cared, you would try and do something about it. But these are just Indians, living in their own sch*t and drinking water mixed with decomposing dead bodies on the other side of the world...who gives a f*** about them. Just make sure their sch*t doesn't touch me, right?

This Virus was found in Pune. That is about probably 2000-2500 miles away from Varanasi and the Ganges, so you cannot blame their unhygienic practices for spreading this virus.

This is poverty you moron.

Sorry.
edit on 20-1-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.... lets hope its contained.... dont need another virus being carried around the globe!!!!

And i see the other info by other members too.... thanks!

Also it is possible that its been created..... i dunno, after those photos i saw last week of the ganges area.... i'm not surprised especially if this area is of similar conditions....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

NEW DELHI: The deadly Crimea Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) virus, that kills around 40% of those it infects, is present in all parts of India except Jammu & Kashmir.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

NEW DELHI: The deadly Crimea Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) virus, that kills around 40% of those it infects, is present in all parts of India except Jammu & Kashmir.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Your article states that it is only contractable through fluids, injections, urine etc...not air!

Which is a good thing!
so far

top topics

<< 1   >>

join