It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Skeptical....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
....I'm skeptical of anyone who seems to have all the answers. As a Christian I believe we have a lot of information but I see some who have an answer for everything. This makes me weary of the person because I believe ego has entered the equation when they attempt to provide ALL the answers....something I believe God is only able to do.

Maybe true faith and humility encompasses the answer...."I don't know".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Who knows. I only listen to a certain amount of people.

The general public have no clue what so ever about the system that is operation, so the ptb play to there arrogance.

We all know the school system and life is like this to make people arrogant, and therefore incapable of anything other than being a slave.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am reminded of Wilson's maybe logic and reality tunnels here.

Movie
Maybe????

spec

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One who believes they know everything in the world...all knowledge..is purely stupid.

That's my opinion.

Well any human...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I'm skeptical of a lot of things to. In particular, I'm skeptical of all claims for which there is no credible verifiable evidence. In this case that would be your and all other deities.

Of course, I have all the answers. The problem is that a majority of those answers are questions or declarations that I don't know...what, they're still answers!

...ok, they're not very good answers.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah I think we get it madness, no need to scream it in every thread. You need scientific evidence of our FAITH...I pretty much understood everything about you years ago. Don't be threatened by us crazy FAITHFUL people, let us have our conversations in peace...

Edit: sorry if my post seems rude.....but you get it..
edit on 1/19/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If more people understood what you are trying to say in this thread...the world would be a more peacful place.

I have faith...and with that have I have many questions and very few answers...but I still have my faith.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
But what happens when you are repeatedly let down and disappointed by that same faith, over and over again?

What do you say for the man who has done his absolute best to maintain faith and to keep the hope of some sort of God alive, yet constantly and consistently be rewarded in yet more misfortune?

After a certain point one begins to question this faith, at some point one begins to feel as though he has lost a screw and is now appealing blindly to an invisible, possibly indifferent entity that just may not exist.

Have you ever asked God for help? Has he ever answered you back? If so, congratulations, you are one of the select few.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Have you ever asked God for help? Has he ever answered you back? If so, congratulations, you are one of the select few.

Yes, I called on Jesus just before my near death experience....he answered and saved me.

I'm a 40 year old man, I grew up in a roman catholic parochial school, lost my faith for 20 years, explored others, and rediscovered Christianity in my 30's. So I've been through it all. It is my opinion that we all have the term of our life to find and accept salvation. I never expected God to make life easy on me, if anything I know following him will bring on more difficulties.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I never expected God to make life easy on me, if anything I know following him will bring on more difficulties.

Why on earth would your god do that? To what end? How does your god benefit from making your life more difficult? It sounds very illogical to me.

IRM

edit on 19/1/11 by InfaRedMan because: typos n stuff!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Hiya,

Wisdom knows no bounds. Given this we should understand that wisdom, or the actioning of knowledge, is something that all people have access to if they only choose to.

For sure there is much we do not know, much we may not ever know, but, out of the billions of people alive today there are a small number who have accessed bigger picture reality and found massive knowledge which they attempt to turn to wisdom by living it. I see no reason why these few should not be listened to.. or at least heard and contemplated before deciding to go back into one's own Belief-System's comfort zone.

The difference is that so very few ever explore outside all Limitations, so most have no real idea other than what they have learned by rote... indoctrinated or chosen.. and hence cannot seem to align these bigger picture concepts along with their limited Belief-System concepts.

It's been said that we should take on board things that feel YES to us.. what aligns naturally with our perceptions... but real Truth is something that Grinds very hard up against the traditionally indoctrinated perceptions we all are raised into.

I don't have all the answers, but I can easily show you how, in a face to face session, to go and get your own from the divinity/soul that lay within you waiting for you to awaken again to it.

Not talking Beliefs here, not talking new-agey concepts and mental gymnastics... just straight forward simplicity that leads directly to your own experience of bigger picture reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You might be specifically referring to me. I have seen you on some threads I have been on and feel like I have been responding as if I have all the answers. But honestly, I think I do. Here's why.

Wisdom is definitely something that comes from spiritual understanding which is the higher power.
One only has to ask for wisdom, the eyes to see, and ears to hear, and God will show them what is necessary for their growth at the time. This is a fact. No I don't have concrete physical evidence but I do have honest knowledge. I started with the belief that God is Love and went from there and have made all kinds of discoveries about the Universe and the nature of my own existence as well as what exactly Love is. For me, my ultimate discovery has been, albeit controversial, all is one. That seems to be the key to the door of the universe's mysteries. I now, instead of waiting about a week or so for a divine revelation, I literally seem to be learning something new every day. I don't have all the answers, some of what you might see me say is just speculation, and I always indicate that I recognize it to be speculation when I write it. My life is devoted to knowledge and spirituality and has been for a while.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Why on earth would your god do that? To what end? How does your god benefit from making your life more difficult? It sounds very illogical to me.

Speaking as a human with human desires it is far more difficult to follow God. We need to measure and analyze all our actions and thoughts against our teachings in the Bible. We need to correct that which is outside our beliefs. We need to accept ridicule in a modern western society that frowns more and more on faith. We need to study the Bible to better understand God's direction. We need to get up early on Sunday to attend service. We need to treat our neighbor as our self. We need to forgive be humble and giving.....I mean I could go on for days with the difficulties of accepting the challenge to follow Christ. It's far easier to give into temptation, lust, greed...be selfish and have no unwavering standard to live up to.

Not to mention that I believe when a person accepts Christ and grows in faith and obedience you are more prone to attack by the evil one.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I agree completely with you, i have just recently just found my faith after a near death situation, and i asked good to please help me, and he answered with his actions, And since i have accepted The Faith in my heart and relized that having Faith is giving all fears to god life is so much easier, And that is why God wants us to have Faith because giving up Control is the hardest thing to do for a human with Freewill...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm skeptical of anyone who seems to have all the answers ....something I believe God is only able to do.

Yet you have total faith in somebody who has all the answers ... Could you explain a bit more? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
How can any one person have all the answers? Most of us spend our whole lives trying to figure out what the QUESTIONS are!!?!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Who isint lol, only the few that believe they now it all, either from science or religion is really a lost one.

I haved faith, and no i dont ask my higher power to give me a better job, lol, im sure hes got more important things to do lol.

For those who believe in prayer, dont pray for yourself, pray for others, thats where i get my conextion, and i dont need a book or a scientist to tell me its true lol.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Elements of society are afraid to say that simply don't know . You can see this in the medical community efforts to cure cancer . I have no problem saying that " I don't know " in relation to s topic . I do take issue with say putting up a claim or explanation that has no merit , logic or evidence to support it . As a person and an Atheist I do accept that I am never going to have all answers without any difficultly rather then the god has the answers frame of mind . Anyway I better stop there .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It sounds very illogical to me.

Faith is a bit illogical...and that is sometimes the beauty of it.

I consider myself to be a very logical person...faith is an exercise in humility and in allowing myself to let go of that logic at times. To allow myself to accept that we may not have all the answers...that "logic" may not always be the answer...and to just live at peace with what I believe.

But that is just me...I can't speak for others.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm skeptical of anyone who seems to have all the answers, too. There's SO much we don't know. And to me, that is the most logical stance: I don't know.

Of course, aside from what we know, there is what we believe or have our faith in. I think people get those mixed up sometimes and state their beliefs as facts (or something they "know"). And I definitely agree that is where the ego appears.

You need scientific evidence of our FAITH.

And that is where people are confused. Knowledge and faith are two different things. You CANNOT use science (knowledge) to prove faith. That's like an oxymoron or something. Faith is belief WITHOUT proof. By its very definition, there cannot be facts or proof to back it up. If there were, it would not be a belief, it would be knowledge.

People who BELIEVE in God are not required to PROVE it. And people who don't BELIEVE in God are not required to prove it, either. In fact, there is no proof either way, so a discussion about proof of a belief is pretty silly, when you think about it.

I have faith in many things in life. I have faith in my husband, my family, my friends... I have faith in love and beauty. Other people have faith in other things. Who am I to tell them that they're wrong to have faith?

Originally posted by BlackOps719
What do you say for the man who has done his absolute best to maintain faith and to keep the hope of some sort of God alive, yet constantly and consistently be rewarded in yet more misfortune?

I'm not a Christian, but I was once. And as I understand it, having faith is not some kind of "deal" with God - that if you have faith, then only good things will come to you. It's not an agreement with God. In fact, just the opposite. REAL faith comes when, in the face of misfortune, you continue to have unshakable faith and belief. I'm reminded of the story of Job. If a person turns against God because of misfortune, they never had faith to begin with, IMHO.

That's the problem with crediting God with all things good in one's life... When something bad happens, who is responsible? Satan? God? Me? I hear so many believers who give God the full credit when something good happens in their life, but when something bad happens, they look elsewhere to blame. That's one reason I prefer being accountable myself for that which occurs in my life. Whether "good" or "bad".

...at some point one begins to feel as though he has lost a screw and is now appealing blindly to an invisible, possibly indifferent entity that just may not exist.

I believe it's always good to examine our beliefs. I examine mine. But I would offer the unsolicited advice to not let examination of your beliefs get mixed up in whether or not you have FAITH. Discard this advice if not applicable.

I believe that strength comes from suffering. Whether you believe in God or not.

edit on 1/20/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join