It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Skeptical....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
....I'm skeptical of anyone who seems to have all the answers. As a Christian I believe we have a lot of information but I see some who have an answer for everything. This makes me weary of the person because I believe ego has entered the equation when they attempt to provide ALL the answers....something I believe God is only able to do.

Maybe true faith and humility encompasses the answer...."I don't know".

My question would be... why worry about those who seem to have all the answers? You should be skeptical of anyones answers, whether they claim to know all or not. I listen to what folks have to say, weigh it to the best of my ability, and go on.

And I include the bible in this. Not out of disrespect, but because in your christian faith, the written word is nothing without the living word.

So too, if the holy spirit you believe in witnesses in your spirit that what is said is true, then that persons words brought understanding. If their is no witness, then they are mere words. At least for you.

I hope that made sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yeah I think we get it madness, no need to scream it in every thread.

Wow, a mod participating in a needless character attack. I was merely stating my opinion calmly and with an attempt at humor. Scream? Why would I scream a joke? Jokes sound horrible when you scream them, it's just bad delivery.

You need scientific evidence of our FAITH...I pretty much understood everything about you years ago.

Yay, hypocrisy. Oh ye of little short term memory. You have all the answers on me? Well, then I must conclude that you are skeptical of your own proposition that you understand everything about me. I think this is the part where you disappear from existence in a puff of logic.

Don't be threatened by us crazy FAITHFUL people,

When did I call you crazy? Oh, yes, this is an example of the dishonest tactic known as the straw man. You're shoving words into my mouth to make me look bad.

let us have our conversations in peace...

Conversation? I thought this was a thread for mini-sermons. I guess the OP, which presented no question and simply made a single statement about how you were skeptical threw me off. I thought this was a thread where we all shared our opinions, but I guess this is just a thread for KL and his people to share their identical ideas without having the rude atheist try to insert a different idea into the picture.

Edit: sorry if my post seems rude.....but you get it..

Rude, logically fallacious, dishonest...it goes on.

You know what I get? I get that you are an individual not interested in rational discourse. You're an individual who thinks that saying 'sorry if my post seems rude' is enough to get out of lies, distortions, and hypocrisy.

Didn't Jesus have some negative things to say about those things? I'm quite sure he did, it's one of those things where I agree with what he's saying...

Edit: Yes, I'm not afraid to stand up to ignorance in all forms, even if it's coming from a super mod. Sure, it might seem stupid, but honesty in the face of power rarely is. I trust that the staff will do the honest thing and not censor because I've had enough experience on ATS to know that sort of thing rarely happens.
edit on 20/1/11 by madnessinmysoul because: Obvious edit is obvious.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm really curious how you can say that you trust nobody who has all the answers then turn around an say that you have total faith in God who has all the answers?

Based on what? Scripture?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

all i wanna know is....was jesus real and if so was he homosexual.....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbeetellin

Well, he did travel around with a close group of 12 guys...

Nah, just kidding. Honestly, whether or not he was a historical figure, we'd have no way of knowing his sexuality as it is never described in any level of detail anywhere. Granted, we only have a handful of non-contemporaneous accounts that contradict each other on a variety of points and were written decades apart from each other and the events that supposedly took place...

So yeah, another reason to be skeptical.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truthbeetellin

Why does Jesus' sexual orientation matter?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

...behold, I have foretold you all things. -Mark 13.23

Are you so skeptical that you believe Christ would lie? All means all, doesn't it?

Ephesians 3.1-13 teaches about confidence in faith of the purpose of God in Christ.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

if it feels "good" do it !

? but how do we determine what is good...

"observation and history"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join