It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY GOD**** SMOKING RANT!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm a smoker, ok, but that doesn't have anything to do with this rant. They've already kicked me outside, no matter the weather, but tell me to take 12 steps away from this area, I'll biatch-slap someone. That has nothing to do with this either. What this IS about is a by-law passed a few months ago that prohibits smoking in bars. In the subsequent months, 3 bars in our town have gone out of business. The only one left is supported by a hotel. Next, they can't smoke in the Legion, the Legion for Christ's sake. These people fought for the rights of all, including those pencil pushing pinheads, and the VETS rights are being taken away. WHY? Because a non-smoker just MIGHT want to go somewhere? Three closed bars out of 5 show that they don't go to bars, they just want to push others around. Someone want to explain this to me, because I'm not getting it

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Tell me, honestly, Why did you start smoking?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I was about 8, very early 1970's, I'd pinch them off the old man. Hell, if I bought them for him, what was the problem. Probably just wanted to be like him. That wasn't the point I was trying to make though. People put money into their businesses and it's gone because of a politician. Veterans that fought for everyones rights have theirs taken from them.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i cannot sympathise at all.

This is your habit, you must accept the ties to it.

Smoking in the vicinity of others can cause health risks, we did not agree to take up a habit nor accept the risks. Keep your smoke to yourself.

I'm in favour of "smoking rooms" and area's that are covered for smokers, theres no reason to be vindictive about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Editted my last post to show the points I was making.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Veterans that fought for everyones rights have theirs taken from them.

The right to smoke poisonous chemicals that will eventually kill you and shorten the life of all else that breath it in? Preposterous matey, this isn't an infringement of anybodys rights.

Oh, and not all Veterans smoke you know.

How the hell do you think I feel when i get smoke blown in my face? What about MY rights? Why should I have to breath in a habit that YOU and only you have consented to. You people are walking chemical weapons complete with a blast radius.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Gotta agree with Nerdling, maybe the veterans fought for my right to not have to inhale nasty #ing cigs because someone else "needs" one. It is an effective form of population control though, I guess us free people are entitled to that. I smoke chronic in the privacy of my home, which should be my right yet isn't, I don't bother anyone with it, Not smoking it around anyone else, no children, no elderly, no ashmatics, just me, myself and the eye.

Personally I hate it when people at the college are smoking right at the #ing door when clearly the sign says BAG BACK GIMMIE 50 FEET.

I don't care if anyone smokes cigs, I don't care if people smoke crack either I just don't want to have to recieve the benefits of their actions.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How about the owners of businesses that lose them because of this? Shouldn't they have a choice as to whether to allow smoking or not? You don't want smoke, go somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I suppose the, You want to smoke, go somewhere else could be applied just as well

So let me get this correct, people are going to stop going places because they cannot smoke inside? I guess they'll just have to stay in their homes and enjoy their cancer sticks, or maybe form underground resistance where they smoke in large numbers and complain about those who don't smoke.

Make it a private club, and say no nonsmokers.

assuming here that a private club could allow smoking as there are private clubs in dry towns that serve alcohol.

I mean it's not like smoking a cig is natural or anything and you need one to survive, and now you're nothing more than a slave to a corporation that is selling you death, I'm perfectly capable of killing myself on my own, I don't require or desire the help of others.

Mmm, mmm, That looks like some tasty cancer!

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ly, you've missed the original point I made. Yes, people are staying away. 3 out of 5 bars in this small town AND half of the restaurants have gone tits up. People have lost a lot of money they invested because they had NO choice.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Cigarettes offer people only a multitude of smoking-related diseases and ultimately death.

The List
Acetanisole
Acetic Acid
Acetoin
Acetophenone
6-Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane
2-Acetyl-3- Ethylpyrazine
2-Acetyl-5-Methylfuran
Acetylpyrazine
2-Acetylpyridine
3-Acetylpyridine
2-Acetylthiazole
Aconitic Acid
dl-Alanine
Alfalfa Extract
Allspice Extract,Oleoresin, and Oil
Allyl Hexanoate
Allyl Ionone
Almond Bitter Oil
Ambergris Tincture
Ammonia
Ammonium Bicarbonate
Ammonium Hydroxide
Ammonium Phosphate Dibasic
Ammonium Sulfide
Amyl Alcohol
Amyl Butyrate
Amyl Formate
Amyl Octanoate
alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde
Amyris Oil
trans-Anethole
Angelica Root Extract, Oil and Seed Oil
Anise
Anise Star, Extract and Oils
Anisyl Acetate
Anisyl Alcohol
Anisyl Formate
Anisyl Phenylacetate
Apple Juice Concentrate, Extract, and Skins
Apricot Extract and Juice Concentrate
1-Arginine
Asafetida Fluid Extract And Oil
Ascorbic Acid
1-Asparagine Monohydrate
1-Aspartic Acid
Balsam Peru and Oil
Basil Oil
Bay Leaf, Oil and Sweet Oil
Beeswax White
Beet Juice Concentrate
Benzaldehyde
Benzaldehyde Glyceryl Acetal
Benzoic Acid, Benzoin
Benzoin Resin
Benzophenone
Benzyl Alcohol
Benzyl Benzoate
Benzyl Butyrate
Benzyl Cinnamate
Benzyl Propionate
Benzyl Salicylate
Bergamot Oil
Bisabolene
Black Currant Buds Absolute
Borneol
Bornyl Acetate
Buchu Leaf Oil
1,3-Butanediol
2,3-Butanedione
1-Butanol
2-Butanone
4(2-Butenylidene)-3,5,5-Trimethyl-2-Cyclohexen-1-One
Butter, Butter Esters, and Butter Oil
Butyl Acetate
Butyl Butyrate
Butyl Butyryl Lactate
Butyl Isovalerate
Butyl Phenylacetate
Butyl Undecylenate
3-Butylidenephthalide
Butyric Acid]
Cadinene
Caffeine
Calcium Carbonate
Camphene
Cananga Oil
Capsicum Oleoresin
Caramel Color
Caraway Oil
Carbon Dioxide
Cardamom Oleoresin, Extract, Seed Oil, and Powder
Carob Bean and Extract
beta-Carotene
Carrot Oil
Carvacrol
4-Carvomenthenol
1-Carvone
beta-Caryophyllene
beta-Caryophyllene Oxide
Cascarilla Oil and Bark Extract
Cassia Bark Oil
Cassie Absolute and Oil
Castoreum Extract, Tincture and Absolute
Cedar Leaf Oil
Cedarwood Oil Terpenes and Virginiana
Cedrol
Celery Seed Extract, Solid, Oil, And Oleoresin
Cellulose Fiber
Chamomile Flower Oil And Extract
Chicory Extract
Chocolate
Cinnamaldehyde
Cinnamic Acid
Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Bark Oil, and Extract
Cinnamyl Acetate
Cinnamyl Alcohol
Cinnamyl Cinnamate
Cinnamyl Isovalerate
Cinnamyl Propionate
Citral
Citric Acid
Citronella Oil
dl-Citronellol
Citronellyl Butyrate
itronellyl Isobutyrate
Civet Absolute
Clary Oil
Clover Tops, Red Solid Extract
Cocoa
Cocoa Shells, Extract, Distillate And Powder
Coconut Oil
Coffee
Cognac White and Green Oil
Copaiba Oil
Coriander Extract and Oil
Corn Oil
Corn Silk
Costus Root Oil
Cubeb Oil
Cuminaldehyde
para-Cymene
1-Cysteine

This is the main reason I do not want to be around smokers, my parents smoke and when I go to their house I feel like vomiting it #ing STINKS irritates my eyes and throat. and I'm just being real.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They went out of business just because you can't smoke there? Really now thats the main reason? In the Metroplex you CANNOT smoke in any public place and business seem to be doing fine, of course there are people outside of them smoking away. People go to resturants to eat not to smoke, and well the bar offers it's alcohol. I really don't see how smoking can shut down a place when all public places have no smoking policy, you can't smoke on planes, and well they seem to just be doing fine.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
btw, those items listed are the ones approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes.

But hey dude, don't get me wrong I don't have anything against smokers, more power to those that do, it's their god given right I suppose, however I don't wish to be inhaling their 2nd smoke when I'm out and about.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So you have answered my question. We will legislate anything for the few, nonsmokers that go to establishments, just in case a nonsmoker MIGHT have the urge to show up once in a while. Makes me want to invest. It's not an issue as to whether smoking is bad for you or not, IT IS. It's about not being able to run your business the way you want. Of the 2 that have survived 1 is the Legion, the other is a hotel. Both have other means of revenue.

Here's another disturbing picture

Welfare line.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Welfare lines in Chicago in 2003?

If you can't go somewhere because you can't smoke there... that's just retarded, I'm sorry but it is. I believe there is more nonsmokers than smokers in this world.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HOLY CRAp. Do not give someone who smokes a freggin list of all of the "bad chemicals" in cigarrettes. Trust me people, they watch tv too, theyve seen those lame ash Truth adds just as many times as you.

People who smoke KNOW what they are doing. No one told them it was a peice of candy you light on fire. Nobody said "it wont do anything to your body" and nobody said "it makes you healthy!"

THEY KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. All your silly little pish posh "cigarettes are bad" arguements accomplish is making smoerks really want to smoke right in front of you. You will not convince anyone to stop. So please, I already saw the list of chemicals on the side of the 18 wheeler on TV, i dont want to read it here.

I dont smoke, but not letting people smoke in bars is so stupid. These same people piss and moan about the environment sucking. Lets think about that one...maybe if you morons didnt make them smoke OUTSIDE then maybe your trees wouldnt be so ....dead like!
ANGER! I was once in a supposedly smoking friendly bar and these dag people bitched at everyone who was smoking because their baby was allergic....well my question...WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE A BABY IN A BAR!?!?!?!?!?

If your so fregginworried about second hand smoke, then buy a gas mask. Or better yet, legalize marijuana, the smoke aint as bad second hand because it will make you stop being so uptight and pissy.

Sorry, that was my mean rant towards people who hate people who smoke.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I used the as an analogy of a person the has worked hard, saved money, want his/her own business, opens it and then their PAYING clientelle is legislated out of their doors. They have NO choice as to how to run their business. We're used to this here, if they tried that in the States, blood would flow.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well I don't have to put up with people smoking and thats that, and I'm glad, I could care less they actually smoke I don't care what anyone puts in their body, I'm not here to try and save anyone, as I only care about Lysergic and I don't want any of that tasty 2nd smoke, kthxbai.

"We're used to this here, if they tried that in the States, blood would flow."
Well you can't smoke in bars in Cali, and in Plano Texas and I think the whole metroplex you CANNOT smoke in any public place. People are dealing with it, and no businesses I know of had to go out of business because of this. Deep Ellum is alive and well!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Matter of time before you have to deal with a guy that wastes someone because he pointed out that he had to be 30' from a door. You also have guns. Pissed and put in a corner, not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nah I'm not a Nazi about it, but if they're feeling bout it bout it, I'm always ready for the phun! Let him commit a crime with a gun here in texas, MUCH harsher penalties for doing so. But like I said I'm not a nazi about it I don't tell people READ THE #ING SIGN YOU ILLITERATE DOUCHE BAG CANCER SACK! Instead I just deal with it, however when I'm eating a meal I don't need a plume of smoke finding it's way into my eyes and lungs. Yeah make pot legal and let me schmog in public and I'll stfu.

I'll even make it a nice blunt so they can enjoy the tobacco flavor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join